- Through my career I have worked in the Insurance, Healthcare, and Financial industries.
- I have experience with both mainframe DB2 batch and CICS applications.
- I am very thorough in requirements gathering, analysis, and spec writing.
- My competencies include being able to quickly pick up a new skill and become proficient in using it.
- My strong point is trouble - shooting and problem solving.
- I am also capable of developing and testing application changes with little or no supervision.
- I have learned from test teams I have worked with to test to make sure my changes are working as well as making sure they have not had an adverse effect on the rest of the application being changed.
Project Management: Change Management, SDLC, Project Management, Test Planning, Time and Cost Estimates.
Applications: Telfast Homeowners, Gateway Policywriting system (HO, UM, DF lines of business), Confidential Specialty Lines, Advantage Yachts & Umbrella, Autotester, Premiums, Texpac, Automobile, Ratabase, TMF, various Notes applications, COB application, Retirement Planning Services applications.
- Developed COBOL II/DB2 programs along with JCL streams to automate the manual dividends process
- Modified the batch process for the Retirement Income Management system to match the online tool
- Developed reports using COBOL II/DB2 to validate data for the Annual 404(a) Disclosure generation
- Developed a process to calculate Account Growth and Personal Rate of Return for plan mergers
- Supporting the New Business team with plan acquisitions
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, XPEDITER, File-Aid, IDCAMS, EndevorPlatinum, DbVisualizer Personal, Clarity, Omni
- Developed COBOL II/DB2 programs along with JCL streams to support CMS Mandatory Insurer Reporting initiative.
- Developed a CICS splash screen for COBC online data entry to advise consequences for unauthorized access.
- Worked with Client to resolve production issues with monthly tracking reports.
- Responsibilities included working with business analysts in the clarification of technical specs, programming, testing, and production implementation
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, XPEDITER, File-Aid, IDCAMS, Endevor.
- Supported Confidential Advantage team as a developer and analyst to support offshore developers.
- Supported Confidential team working as an analyst to support offshore developers
- Responsible for producing the Autotester and Infoman reports on a daily basis.
- Responsible for building Panapts to migrate components from one development region to another.
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, XPEDITER, Endevor, File-Aid, Tablebase, Strobe, IDCAMS, Autotester.
- Provided technical support for all Confidential applications.
- Worked as team lead for the Telfast Homeowners policy writing system, organizing and scheduling work assignments, and setting priorities.
Software used: CICS, COBOL II, DB2, JCL, VSAM, XPEDITER, Endevor, File-Aid, Strobe, IDCAMS, Autotester, CLIST, Lotus 123, Abend-Aid, Accucheck.