Proactive and self - directed Application Development Professional with an accomplished technical career in the financial services, retail and computer services industries. Expertise in application development in the mainframe environment. Strong skills in developing code and testing programs and software for defined projects. Recognized for producing high quality code and contributing to improving efficiency needed to create highly productive technical teams.
- Application Development
- Support Tools
- User Documentation
- Process Improvement
- Technical Documentation
- User Testing
- Quality Control
- Change Management
- COBOL/COBOL II
- APS COBOL
- Microsoft Office Suite
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Chicago, ILSystems Analyst
- Design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document programs using JCL, REXX and ISPF.
- Provide technical support to the environment build team.
- Reduced the cycle time of environment build by 80% through process automation.
- Condensed onboarding time for new staff; automated configuration management process.
- Decreased costs and improved file quality control by creating a cleanup process tool for testers.
- Wrote user documentation tools to translate index components to different test environments.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Accountable to design, code, test, debug, implement, maintain, and document programs using JCL, REXX and ISPF
- Recognized for strong performance earning a fulltime role.
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
Application Development Specialist
- Assigned to design, code, test, debug, implement, maintain, and document programs using COBOL, APS COBOL, CICS, DB2, PL/1, VSAM, JCL, SAS, REXX and Quikjob.
- Performed routine systems analysis to meet stakeholder specifications involving logic diagramming and test data creation.
- Provided technical support to existing production systems.
- Documented the processes used in the installation and maintenance of systems to confirm clear knowledge and record of action.
- Ensured systems functioned as designed in order to meet business and stakeholder needs by analyzing and making recommendations concerning utilization of system and business resources.
- Maintained efficient operations; provided and responded on-time to on-call status and guaranteed systems functioned as designed.
Confidential, Oak Brook, IL
- Completed trouble free installation by supervising 9 staff members to create technical specification documents and migrate organization to new accounts payable system.
- Ensured compliance to Y2K standards; identified and eliminated gaps for impacted programs, jobs and processes.
- Reduced compliance time >50% (4 months to 1.5 months) using detailed project plans and managing technical staff performance.
- Developer on various credit department projects working on NAPS system.