- Action - oriented and results-focused professional offering 16 years of experience in mainframe IBM environment IT development.
- Developed and delivered multiple applications that met or exceeded business requirements.
- Extensive system development life-cycle experience.
- Highly proficient in testing, debugging, and performance tuning.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships across business, management, and technical teams.
Applications Built and Supported: Revenue Opportunity Measurement, Group Pricing Optimizer, Revenue Planning Globalization, Single Group Data Source, One Yield System, Total Hotel Calendar, Pricing Revenue Opportunity Module, Group Forecasting, Offline Marketing New Inventory, Group Function Space, Business Recovery Service, Demand Forecast System
Applications Interacted: Confidential Automated Reservation System ( Confidential ), Consolidated Inventory, Next Generation System, Sales Reporting Warehouse, OPERA
Languages and Tools: COBOL/DB2, SQL, SPUFI, QMF, MVS/PROC and PROSE, SFTP, BMC Utilities, SYNCSORT, WINDOWS, DB2SYCSORT, APPTUNE, FILE AID, TSO, ISPF, PDF, CA7, MQ Series, IBM DB2 Development Center, IBM Data Studio,B JAVA and Shell Scripting in progress
Operating Systems: Z/OS, Windows, Linux (in progress)
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Provided over 800 properties with transient and group data, and system access in local business time.
- Switched from some period billing and some monthly billing to consistent, across-the-board monthly processing.
- Refreshed technology to provide targeted pricing and enhanced performance making it significantly more, user-friendly.
- Retrofitted and modified group data source for multiple legacy Revenue Management functions.
- Miscellaneous Group Pricing Optimizer Enhancements:
- Consolidated three COBOL stored procedures into one, which saved considerable response time for the user.
- Conducted SQL performance tune up in Group Pricing Optimizer stored procedures, which improved performance and reduced costs.
- Interfaced Group Pricing Optimizer to Revenue Planning to extract forecast data to allow for more accurate forecasting and planning.
- Created weekday and weekend rate range caps of recommended rates for Events/Seasons, which provided negotiating latitude for hotel sales personnel.
- Developed group restriction functionality for Total Hotel Calendar to maximize revenue.
- Designed, developed, tested, and deployed Group Forecasting System.
- Updated One Yield system forecasts and recommendations with “near real time” Confidential Automated Reservation System data to keep hotels current on guest arrival demands.
- Automated and centralized transient, group, and catering projection data.
- Created process to mitigate impact of day of week shifts on the forecaster accuracy.
- Collapsed hotel guest room data spread, over multiple room categories into a single room category, giving flexibility for hotels to switch from one category to another.
- Designed and implemented the first Business Recovery Service plan for critical applications in Revenue Management Systems Department.
- Created automated rate program audits to help enforce hotel compliance with rate program rules.
- Designed interface.
- Validated incoming data and formatted output of Group Pricing Optimizer billing suitable for review and control by management.
- Designed a process to obtain competitor rates from Travel Click Corporation and stored it in a Confidential database, which gave competitive advantage to Confidential hotels.
- Designed, developed, tested, and deployed Revenue Opportunity Measurement Report archive system.
- Developed, tested, implemented, and maintained the One Yield System's Phase I DB2 load process.
- Developed, enhanced, tested and maintained components of One Yield System.
- Designed and conducted legacy system testing and remediation to support Confidential International Confidential Project.