- I am associated with Confidential having nearly 7 years of experience.
- Have played different roles during my entire tenure like software programmer, programmer analyst, business application programmer, software developer and currently playing as senior software developer.
- My main area of experience has been interacting with customers for business requirements elicitation, converting the requirements into user stories, designing the software solutions by preparing
- High/Low level design documents, analysing and checking the feasibility of the solutions by doing Confidential in mainframe, developing and assisting the development team for any technical solutions in Mainframe technologies, involvement in research and evaluate a variety of software tools, products/best practices and executing the projects in Waterfall/Agile methodologies.
- Ensured the developed application meets customer requirements with the highest quality by enforcing standards and best practices.
- I have vast experience in Banking and Finance domain.
- My technical forte has been Z/OS, MVS, COBOL, JCL, DB2, IMS DB and DC, REXX, CICS, Easytrieve, SORT, Microsoft office suite, IBM Web sphere MQ.
- Broker Dealer Trading
- Confidential System
- Settlement and Clearance
- Fixed income, Corporate, Muni, Government bonds
- Repos, Treasuries, Buy sells, Mortgages
- Equities, Options, Futures, Forex
- Z/OS, MVS
- Windows NT 2000, 2003, 2008
- Enterprise COBOL (Common Business Oriented Language)
- JCL ( Job Control Language)
- Microsoft Visio 2010
- IBM Web sphere MQ 7.0
- Change man
- File aid
- Microsoft Project Plan 2010
- TCS - IPMS - Integrated project management System (IPMS)
- Info man
- CA-Inter test (Batch & Online)
- Abend Aid
Software: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Eclipse 3.0
Database: DB2, IMS DB, IMS DC
Languages: COBOL, CICS, JCL, REXX, Easytrieve, IMS
Tools: Change man, File aid, QMF, COMPAREX, Info man, MQ series, CA-Inter test (Batch & Online), CA-7,Abend Aid
Application: Z/OS, MVS OS/390, Salomon LPAR
Confidential, Jersey City
Senior Software Developer
- Being a senior member in the team leads the project technically at Onshore which comprises a team of members (3 programmer analyst, 4 software developers, 4 QA and 3 trainees)
- Overall responsibility in Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems by using Mainframe technology
- Interacting with operation users, various application teams and Business analysts to find a better approach for proposed solutions and preparing Process & Data Flow Diagrams, network models to optimize architecture, Entity Relation Diagrams, High Level & Low Level design documents in MS Visio and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs.
- Analyzing and verification of the large complex software, programs, batch jobs of Trades application to increase the robustness, reliability and correctness of the program
- Evaluating technical feasibility of the proposed solution in Mainframe by performing Confidential for the new assignments, change requests or requirements.
- Track and consolidate the business requirements of Confidential enhancement from customers using BRD for eliciting better quality requirements.
- Capture and document Confidential functional requirements for legacy applications through reverse engineering. The tools helps to abstract business functionality, understand functional behavior, create data-flow rules, analyze the application source code, and extract application structure and program flow.
- Preparing the effort estimations for development tasks for the new enhancements and migration related activities
- Use of IPMS tool for task allocation to team members, offshore and QA team members and monitoring the same, coordinating with offshore team
- Develop programs as per coding standards and best practices to meet the low level design using .net technology and co-ordinates with the development team, quality, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems by using .mainframe technology
- Tracking the schedule of BRD, FRD and Technical design documents using Blueprint tool for defining governance structure and planning and budgetary estimates, to minimize the risk of failure and improve the business value.
- Performs code review in regular basis to ensure team is following coding guidelines and tracking them. It provides application insight & quality measurements to various stake holders.
- Attend user queries, issues and batch failures using CCM - Customer Call Management.
- Reviews Traceability matrix, SIT Test Plan, Test Cases for each release and shares the Test Progress Report with all the stake holders
- Performing root cause analysis and Defect Prevention activities for P1/P2, Sev-1,2 bugs raised in UAT/SIT stage
- Grooms new junior associates and trainees in Mainframe technology by conducting knowledge sharing sessions
- Interacting with business users and analyzing the business to identify problems and/or opportunities and to define solution characteristics
- Analysis and Feasibility Study of User Requirement s and discussing with end users to understand their business scenarios
- Preparing functional requirements and converting them to BRD/SRS and discussing the software solution prototype to clients
- Tracking and coordinating with different business teams for identifying and closing the gaps on the process front
- Checking for feasibility of the technical solutions in MS Visio, exchange of data with upstream and downstream systems, impact analysis of the proposed change with the help of Development Team leads
- Identifying and Verifying whether the proposed solution meets the customer requirements
- Development of software UI and business logic components and computer programs in mainframe without impacting the existing functionalities
- Development activities for user requested console components, macros, Batch Jobs ( JCL ), NDM Scripts for file transfer to other application within and outside CITI.
- Onsite-Offshore coordination and helping them to understand what needs to be done and how it needs to be implemented and what is customer expectations
- UAT and Production Support . Given immediate solutions/workarounds for continuity of business.
- Performed root cause analysis for the bugs raised in Production environment, updating the same to my immediate supervisor and taken necessary corrective action to minimize them in future
- Demonstrating the run time(online) application in development environment to end users and taking their feedbacks before releasing to UAT/PRD
- Performing the sanity and functionality testing prior to moving the release to UAT
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Maintained the Base line code, document control and release control in share point for easy check-in check-out proces