GIS analyst with Confidential bringing the experience and knowledge of 10 years of advanced spatial analysis (including remote sensing), cartography, database design and development, mapping platforms as well as graphics skills plus Master’s degree in Geomatics.
GIS Analyst/ Hydrologist
- Interpreted topographical maps, satellite images and aerial photos and conducted field verification that identified suitable sites for continuous monitoring of surface water resources.
- Implemented hydrologic models and merged Digital Elevation Models (DEM) with precipitation data that calculated flood frequency and determined flow patterns of various drainage systems.
- Digitized satellite images and carried out GPS measurements that resulted in quality control of the positional accuracy and integrity of geospatial data.
- As a result achieved detailed hydrological maps creation that facilitated decision making.
- Outlined appropriate techniques that upgraded the analysis package to modern Hydrological Database and Analysis software and achieved increased work efficiency.
- Designed databases that achieved proper data archiving and retrieval systems.
- Performed topographic analyses and integrated several GIS layers that identified the lowest cost path to waste management locations.
- Monitored the quality and flow patterns of surface and ground water resources that generated detailed surface and ground water maps using ESRI ArcGIS.
Web GIS Developer
- Installed and configured open source softwares and plugins that increased work efficiency.
- Defined geodatabase requirements, designed and developed object - relational databases using open source products that maintained record integrity.
- Updated GIS web application, edited images and icons using adobe products and shared geospatial information that improved performance.
Web Application Developer
- Designed intuitive user interfaces using Open Street Maps and OpenLayers that resulted in collecting of accessibility information for physically disabled people dictated by the municipality.
- Worked closely with clients to establish problem specifications and system designs that ensured team compliance with client deadlines.
- Defined database requirements and achieved coherent database setup.
- Supervised database performance that maintained integrity, consistency and security of the database.
- Monitored data sensors that maintained performance and ensured accurate data collection.
- Encoded data charts into numerical data, analysed and interpreted hydro-meteorological datasets to establish relationships between various parameters.
- Communicated regularly with domestic and overseas research teams.
- Reviewed team members’ analysis that allowed preparation of monthly reports and publication of data interpretation document compiled from .
- Assisted team in a socio-economic and environmental survey of dam site.
- Carried out GPS measurements and performed spatial analyses.
- Prepared questionnaires on community land rights and land tenure system.
- Composed a joint report of major findings.