- My work as software QA Analyst enabled me expand my skills on dealing with both the development side of the process as well as the user side.
- QA Lead for one of the company’s newest software lines.
- Test and research issues with software as they were found.
- This included SQL queries to the database tables to resolve issues.
- Performance testing of software response times using Seleniun and Firebug.
- Documentation of How To and FAQ manuals for end users.
- Following the progress of another QA member that was assigned to my team and directing her next steps.
- Working closely with the Business Analyst to ensure that the software followed the correct business logic.
- Recommending then writing up functional specifications for new functionality.
- Writing up existing issues using our tracking tool TFS.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- I worked on a contract basis with Confidential to create a database for the Resource Management / OIT department.
- Determine data management requirements of the OIT - Resource Management department.
- Assess current data management systems in place and build an Access database that will allow the department to have one system to track employee, job posting, and budget information.
- Create a relational database with growth potential while providing a user-friendly interface allowing for ease of data management and reporting.
- Connect this database using ODBC to other data management systems.
Web Content Developer
Confidential, Roswell, GA
- Research subject information and create clear, informative text to market their service to potential consumers.
- Work with founder and web developer to ensure website layout and information is search engine friendly.
Access / SQL Developer
- Develop and code MS Access databases for new clients based on project specifications.
- Testing and re-work to MS Access databases for existing clients that require system modification, code de-bugging, or migration of old databases to new Access version.
- Re-design of existing client databases to verify relational database structure and standard naming conventions for database components and variables.
Software Validation Consultant
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Created test scripts, summary reports and documentation required to comply with submission regulations and to meet auditory demands.
- Testing and documentation for installation, operation, security, functionality and performance of software systems in a preclinical environment
- Determined if regression testing was required with any software updates to ensure that no new errors have been introduced during the final stages of development.
- Responsible to ensure that the deployment of any software solution meets 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines.
- One paper detailed the critical need for companies and facilities to take advantage of the benefits provided by modern technology combined with the flexibility now available with internet access.
- The other paper was based on software validation requirements for Confidential regulated facilities.
- As part of an ongoing relationship with this company, I use established contacts in the preclinical industry to promote their Software-as-a-Service solution for document management.
- Created a SQL Database with an Access data project user interface that would allow users to enroll and track participants in the training programs offered by that department.
- Performed necessary maintenance and program changes to system as needed.
- Automated the process of importing Excel spreadsheet data into a relational database structure
- Gave the client the ability to update and search the data, then print reports from the new structure.
- Performed maintenance to system and program changes as needed.
Software Consultant and Project Manager
- Assessed the needs in their preclinical facility for software and technological solutions to data management, archiving and retrieval of final reports and documentation, cost accounting and budgeting, micro chipping solutions
- Planned the integration of all these systems on some base level through custom proprietary software solutions
- Include factors of GLP compliance issues with regard to all software and hardware systems recommended.
- Produced a final report and presentation and delivered it to the Senior Business Management Team of St. Joseph’s Hospital for their review and decision making process.
- I converted hard copy brochures and educational materials to electronic form (MS Word) for use in website redesign.
Confidential, Athens, GA
- Created and maintained database information for all events and participants.
- Worked with other agencies as needed to help assimilate and track information on larger events, i.e. annual golf tournaments and large fundraising banquets.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- The Preclinical Data Management System allowed the Preclinical facility to manage sponsored study protocols in works at their facility.
- The system tracked and maintains protocol information, protocol enrollment, facility productivity, and provided users with a flexible scheduling tool that automatically generates calendar events based on enrollment and test group requirements.
- The Confidential Education Program Tracking System was designed to track any aspect of the education programs including sponsor, vendor, and venue information; registration and attendance history of invitees; and provides our Education department with outcomes management information with regard to the success of different forms of advertising.
- Was the main point of contact and was responsible for the majority of any in-service training required on these systems. In addition to user training, I helped in developing User Manuals and system documentation for the system at Confidential .
Confidential, Watkinsville, GA
- Designed new database applications for customers that I contacted and brought in to the existing clientele.
- The businesses included: a medical equipment service company, a fire equipment maintenance, and Confidential .
- Maintained and added to the design of applications for existing customers.
- All of my projects through this company involved working with the customer to establish what was needed then developing the most efficient application to satisfy their current requirements as well as providing as much additional benefit as possible.
Information Systems Manager / Access Programming
Confidential, Athens, GA
- During this process, I was offered the position of Information Systems Manager.
- Trained Confidential employees to use the database as well as other programs on our system (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlooks 98, and Windows NT).
- Lead the successful installation of a new network server at a new office location, and had individual workstations upgraded as necessary.
- In charge of troubleshooting all network and programmatic problems within our office.
- Maintained and made design changes to the database as new functionality was added to the program.
- Completed several special projects for our office with regard to marketing aspects and broadcast fax announcements.
- The existing Access database was not built correctly. I restructured the data tables to create a true relational database with growth potential
Technical Support Specialist
Confidential, Watkinsville, GA
- Traveled to customer locations to install and setup software on workstations in LAN environments.
- Trained personnel in all aspects of the changeover process: data normalization and conversion, program use and functionality, and data extraction in the form of reports or information downloads to other applications.
- Established customer contacts for continued technical support.
- Provided troubleshooting through the use of SQL and report writing software to determine data or program errors.
- Updated data models for current customers to reflect any changes to their information structure.
- Was part of a three-person team which provided quality assurance by performing extensive testing of each new Beta version of the software.