I am extremely passionate to work with web technologies. My elaborate programming experience gives me the capability to innovate technology solutions to complex problems.
- I am a vital contributor with a proven track record of enabling an organization to surpass objectives by planning, developing, refining, implementing and leading technology solutions for academics which gives me the confidence of effectively and efficiently delivering technology solutions.
- I have been with DeVry for 10 years.
- I designed several appointment schedulers, Faculty management system (CFM) and Time Tracking system (for internal users).
- During my development career, I have collaborated with vendors and business partners and helped them with my technical expertise.
- I have worked for different kinds of industries like Education, Healthcare and Telemarketing, which gave me understanding of their unique business needs.
- Simultaneously, I have also been teaching Web Graphic Design Courses for Media Arts and Technology for 8 years for Confidential, which gives me the insight into emerging technologies and trends needed for advancement of teaching curriculum.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 98 and Windows 7 & 8, Mac OS
Mobile Development: Corona SDK, JQuery Mobile, LUA, Angular JS, JQuery Mobile, JAVA, STS
Development Tools: SPRING TOOL SUITE, Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2008, Dreamweaver, ADOBE FLEX, Corona SDK
Relational Database: SQL Server 6.5/ 7/ 2000 / 2005 / 2008/ 2014 , Oracle
Source Control System/Tools: Visual SourceSafe 5.0 / 6.0, Star Team, GITHUB, Source tree
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Worked on recreating the student portal features into DeVry Mobile App. Features include student finance operations like manage my loan feature, holds, courses taken, credit hours, unofficial transcripts information which is critical for students to have a smooth experience while taking classes.
- Worked on revamping the DeVry Mobile app using Rails server, Angular JS and Foundations technology.
- I contributed significantly to Mobile application rollout for DeVry/Keller/Chamberlain/Carrington as well during the new development of the DeVry Brasil Mobile App.
- DeVry Mobile App is used by students for participate in discussions, viewing grade-book, syllabus, groups and announcements.
- Ellucient framework is used to provide navigation features.
- The Android side provides navigation menu and popup widgets, while the HTML site provides the content on the pages.
- The app also features an offline component where it stores assets and content so the app can still function if the device loses its data connection.
Confidential. NET Web Developer
- Ensured that they practice good coding techniques and write bug free code. Confidential is the custom integration of web conferencing into the teaching and learning experience.
- The Confidential brand allows DeVry to offer a variety of educational web conferencing services, without tying to a specific vendor or product.
- Thousands of students in nearly 150 courses use Confidential in a variety of ways, from virtual classroom events, to final student presentations, to collaborative meetings around student projects.
- Earlier, DeVry was using WebEx Meeting Center and TrainingCenter to deliver its Confidential services.
- During the past fiscal year, the Online Services Academic Technology team worked with numerous faculty champions to pilot a new service, Confidential Prof, which provides faculty members their own web conferencing room to use for ad hoc student interactions.
- Based on input from faculty in these pilots, the increasing costs and decreasing reliability of Web Ex, and because of an extensive review of web conferencing alternatives, we decided to migrate Confidential to a new platform.
- Adobe Connect has been chosen as the tool to provide a more reliable, user-friendly, engaging, and cost-effective web conferencing tool for teaching and learning environments.
- Confidential is developed using .NET, JQuery, Microsoft SQL Server and LINQ technologies.
- Worked closely with the vendor and the development team in India on providing requirements, standards for developing the application, support and implementation of various post implementation fixes. Also provided
- Development solutions for complex business issues after the code was transitioned to DeVry, based on the input from Student Finance users to support various complex business functions on strict timelines.
- VIPER is a Workflow tracking system for Kinect for online students, leads come from DEM and all data is manually entered the Viper application.
- System is used to track student s financial clearance or readiness, once clearance is completed, the student can then begin the registration process.
- MOSAIC was developed to compile data from various systems to provide a collective view of a student s account.
- Mosaic is used to manage and improve the efficiency of the process of approving continuing students for financial aid.
- The system is fed through many data extracts, some daily, some weekly etc.
- A lot of the data is coming from the Access databases. By getting feeds, Mosaic is still able to run allowing the Kinect staff to continue their work - flow process even when the Access DBs go down.
- VIPER and MOSAIC applications are developed using FLEX, .NET and Microsoft SQL Server.
Confidential. NET Web Developer
- Worked with business users to understand requirements and translated them in technical Specifications.
- Created prototypes to communicate screen designs to business owners.
- Acted as the technical key person in redesign of Course and faculty management 4 databases from MS Access to centralized SQL Server Database using Visual Studio 2005, VB.NET, and SQL Server 2005. Course and Faculty
- Management Application is a web base application used to keep track of the faculty, their credentials, qualifications, contact information; course taught by them, their ranking based on student surveys performed at the end of session.
- This application uses SQL Server integrating services to provide data in raw format to administrators for manipulation.
Confidential. NET Web Developer
- Development environment consisted of Visual Studio 2005, VB.NET, and Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- I created tables, stored procedures, functions etc.
- Server side and client side validations were used.
- Also, I created SQL utilities for backing up the databases and archiving data on regular basis.
- Provided training to administrators on supporting the application.
- Documented the database schema, and different functions of the application.
Confidential. NET Web Developer
- Worked on Confidential that involves writing stored procedures to import data from different file formats provided by student finance.
- Data Warehouse is created using Microsoft SQL Server.
SQL Server Programmer
- Migrating application from Microsoft Access to SQL Server, implemented security, developed interfaces using VB 6.0.
- Also created Interfaces to manage security for creating and dropping roles, assigning users to roles, managing Permissions on database objects and forms, to add, drop users.
- I wrote complex stored procedures, triggers, functions, views etc. to support various job functions.
. NET Web Developer
- Responsibilities included developing TRS Web Application to perform all Pre-Order and ordering functions needed to acquire new customers.
- Classes and code behinds used to keep presentation layer separate from business layer.
- Confidential RAD tool is used to create panels and menus. Technical Environment consisted of Visual Studio.NET, VB.NET, SQL Server 2005, Confidential used to manipulate XML files, Cascading StyleSheets.
- I was responsible for developing, maintaining, supporting, and trouble - shooting web applications.
- Responsibilities also included mentoring junior developers during the development process.
- Participated in several design review and code review process.
- Extensively used SQL Server Enterprise Manager for creating database objects, DTS packages and Job scheduling.
- Created database objects - Tables, views, triggers, indexes, functions and stored procedures.
- Used ASP.NET and SQL Server to develop web applications.
- The Data Processing, Client Services, Operations, HR, and Quality Control departments used following applications.
- Migrated application from ASP to C#, ASP.NET for inserts, updating, sorting and retrieving information from SQL Server database.
- Wrote stored procedures and triggers and utilized DTS to transfer data.
- Created a webpage to load leads to callcenters and to Leadmanager itself.
- Created utility to extract recordings from database and to copy web pages to remote web servers.
- Created webpage to suppress records and to display the status of extract jobs and server information.
- Created application to validate XML files against schema.
- Designed webpages regarding sets of rules and requirements for different clients.
- Migrated Access 2000 database to SQL Server 2000.
- Added client level sorting.
- Created validation functions, masking functions, filtering and sorting utilities.
- Worked on using slash 0 fonts without installing new fonts on user desktops.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of SQL Server database.
- Designed and developed features such as input data masking.
- Created many webpages for editing, viewing, populating lookup tables.
- Added filtering, sorting, custom validations and created tables, views and stored procedures in SQL.
- Created VBS utility to encrypt files.
- Developed VBA/Access application to merge workbooks and to split worksheets into different files based on markets.
- Created ScreenPrint Utility to take screen prints of web pages automatically in an existing application.