IT Professional with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and over 20 years’ experience leading teams through full system development projects and providing 24x7 production support in the insurance and healthcare industry. I have a reputation for excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor, ability to adapt to changing priorities and diverse environments. I’m a highly proficient in assessing problems and drawing sound conclusions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
System Analysis | System Design | Requirements Gathering | Data Mapping Remote Desktop| Helpdesk Support | Team Leadership | Legacy Systems Integrations
COBOL/COBOL II | JCL | File Aid | CICS | BMS | VPN | SOX | Assembler | CEDF | HIPAA | Endevor Quikjob/Easytrieve | XPEDITER | TSO/ROSCO Text Editors | MS Office | Unix | SDLC | VSAM | DB2 | Java HTML5 | Java Script | .Net Framework
Confidential, Carmel, IN
- Employed as an SME relating to system maintenance and production support for commissions, valuations, agency systems, rate Increase, new business and vendor software.
- Lead development team and collaborated with Business Intelligence team in the design and development of the Confidential Conversion Engine using structured programming, data mapping, and automated data processing to convert selected blocks of policy records from Legacy System to Confidential vendor system.
- Successfully completed several conversions on time and without defaults
- Maintained and supported New Business, Policy Administration, General Ledger, Lockbox, Billing, Claims, and Letters & Notices systems
- Created an alpha index system for the customer service team.
- This system allowed access to multiple systems such as billing, policy administration and new business through one portal to improved call center’s customer support
- Created systems using CICS, COBOL, Assembler, and JCL that allowed internal customers to waive premiums, resulting in increased productivity, quality, service and automation
- Implemented batch enhancements to the A&H Valuation System that reduced run time by 35% and allowed actuary department to generate custom financial reports
- Migrated Confidential ’s Long Term Care block of policy records to Confidential using specially developed utilities and programs written using mainframe programming skill sets and procedures
- Maintained and enhanced Rate Increase System using mainframe programming skills and procedures to allow users to implement rate increases within 30 days of state approval
- Developed Batch Reporting System to isolate Collected Premiums and Paid Commissions used in monthly financial reporting
- Mapped and warehoused 10 years of critical data files related to legacy system conversion for data warehouse system, decommission, and shutdown system within project completion date.
- Performed moderately to complex systems analysis and design using Cobol, VSAM, BSM, JCL for multiple online sub - systems used by internal customers for data entry
- Managed all responsibilities as a remote employee for over 10 years