- Strong understanding of client-side/server-side programming, front-end/back-end development as well as server configuration skills with Google App Engine.
- Graphics design skills and strong understanding of Adobe Illustrator.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and social media; excellent writing and communication skills
Designer/Developer of the iOS mobile application
- Developed a native mobile application for iOS, written in Objective C.
- Built a server-side script, written in Python to handle requests sent from the native application.
- Constructed a MySQL database architecture to store, fetch, update and alter the data associated with the mobile application and its users.
- Self-taught the previously mentioned languages as well as the necessary computer science knowledge to construct the mobile app and configure its server.
- Established an understanding of asynchronous and synchronous operations.
- Created all UI components in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Conducted policy research and drafted memos on such policies to maintain awareness of staff to the actions of both the local and federal government as they relate to Maine.
- Researched various information and government resources so as to better prepare staff to handle casework and the concerns of constituents.
- Visited and engaged various business owners, public figures and officials, and other constituents to forge a strong relationship between the staff and people of Maine.
Confidential, Augusta, Maine
- Conducted legal and historical research to help representatives develop policy ideas and bill proposals.
- Exercised good time-management and interpersonal skills while working with fifteen Maine State Representatives.
- Exercised editing and writing skills while drafting editorials, press releases and testimony for representatives for publication in local and statewide news outlets.
- Closely followed national, state and local events as new issues developed and the focus of the Legislature changed throughout the weeks.