- A seasoned, result oriented and determined Test Engineer to contribute technical expertise and grow as a QA Engineer involved in SDLC testing, automation, installation, configuration of testing environments, n - tier architecture web based product.
- Obtain a position as a Quality Assurance Engineer in a Web or Client/Server environment for professional development and career growth and to benefit your company with diversified of strong experience in manual and automated testing, proficient in System Analysis, Design, Development, and QA testing of Web and Client/Server based applications.
- I have extensive experience in developing test plans, test cases, and test scripts for manual and automation testing tools.
- I have earned reputation in meeting deadlines when required, conforming to specific requirements and adhering to established plans.
- Several years of testing experience with special emphasis on manual and automation testing with hand on VB Script programming. I have strong experience in software-testing activities, support of product development and release by automating testing process. Productive in both teams managed based-projects. Dedicated to maintaining up-to-date industry knowledge: Several years of testing experience with special emphasis on:
- Experience in managing the team and creating required reports.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle including Agile, Water fall and Iterative
- Solid experience with Keyword Driven and Data Driven Testing with Java Selenium
- Automation of backend web services using Java Selenium
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skill set with a self-starting attitude, team player, and flexibility. A fast learner and high degree of creativity and initiative is expected
- Good at prioritizing along critical path and meeting project milestones and deliverable dates
- Strong experience with Agile test mythology and Agile Development process
- Quality Testing including Effective Test Case Design, Test Execution and Reporting.
- Experience in analyzing the requirements from User Stories and Use Cases to develop test cases and test scenarios
- Experience in preparation of Test Strategy, Test plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Matrix.
- Setting-up the test environment, Server Configuration, Database related testing, functional testing of Web applications and Client-Server application, GUI Testing.
- Help BA and Developer group in identifying Technical Specifications and requirements for a software and putting it together in Modular Components and creating GUI Screen for a Software Product.
- Proficient in Black Box and Gray Box testing
- Expertise in QA Methodologies, User Acceptance testing, System Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, End-to-End Testing, Business Process Testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Well versed with System test strategy, System test plans, business workflow modeling based on requirements and, Creation and Maintenance of Traceability Matrices.
- Extensive work experience using Change Management and Bug Tracking Tools like Quality Center, JIRA and Rational Team Concert.
- Strong experience in automated functional testing, acceptance testing and system testing.
- Strong experience in development of core QA framework function library for various Web and Client-Server application.
- Specialized in user requirement analysis, documenting test plans, execution of test cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, by using HP Quick Test Professional.
- Strong experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Testing.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture, which include Soap Web Service and Restful Web Service Testing.
- Specialized on Provide cost-effective solutions using 'best practices' by implementing commercial tool in the market.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to peak workloads.
- Ability to determine appropriate action to resolve issues quickly.
- Ability to independently identify problems and inconsistencies.
- Ability to contact, use appropriate resources and set priorities.
Test Management Tools: Test Director, Quality Center, ALM, Rally.
Automated Tools: Quick Test Professional (QTP). Eclipse.
Programming: SQL, VB Script, VB.net, Java
Software: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), MS Outlook.
Server: Tom Cat, Web Logic, IIS
Operating Systems: Windows Server, Linux Server, Windows 7, Windows XP Professional, Windows 95/98/ME/XP and Mac OSX
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and developers.
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and Key- Word driven framework.
- Worked on Guidewire’s Data hub and Info center solutions for Commercial Lines Transformation.
- Created automation test scripts using data Driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA and maven.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel to save time.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium Grid for different platforms like desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Expertise in grouping of Test suites, Test cases and Test Methods for Regression and Functional Testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Utilized Maven to Manage dependencies for Test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped Test cases to Run sanity and Regression Testing.
- Involved in developing BDD Framework from Scratch.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework to Develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Involved in DevOps Migration/automation processes for Build and Deploy systems..
- Planning and setting up of Continuous Integration for various properties on Jenkins with Commit, Component, Assembly, and Deploy and Smoke jobs.
- Integrated Jenkins with version controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
- Used Linux/Unix commands for using GitHub.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spreadsheets.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test, and Deploy chain, GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Expertise in mobile automation using Appium, selenium, java in both Android and IOS.
- Experience in writing complex XPATH using following and preceding and using functions like contains and not contains.
- Thorough experience in implementing Automation Tools Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Eclipse, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, and REST with POSTMAN.
- Used runner classes in cucumber to generate step definition and used tags to run different kinds of test suites like smoke, health check and regression.
- Created profiles in maven to launch specific TestNG suite from Jenkins job
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers
Environment: Selenium, Java, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, SOAP, REST, SOAP, POSTMAN, Cucumber, BDD, Agile, Oracle 10g, putty, MS word, MS XL, Quality center, WebDriver, TestNG..
Test Automation Engineer
- Developed the Automation Test Scripts in Selenium WebDriver using Java based on the design pattern Page Object Model for reusability.
- Prepared Test Cases using Data Driven, Hybrid, Modular, and Keyword Driven Framework in WebDriver.
- Prepared XML and Excel files for collection of data and Element Locators using object repository, used this in the test suite with the help of APACHE POI library files.
- Created Maven Project using Maven build automation tool to create dependencies like wars, jars. Usage of plugins for invoking XML files.
- Triggered POM.XML files using Jenkins, Continuous Integration Tool to generate reports and to trigger periodically.
- Used GitHub, source code management tool for code re-usage, high portability extending scope of Automation Testing.
- Reviewing the Test Reports using TestNG framework.
- Project is under Agile environment, I attended daily standup meetings, provided daily status on manual and automation test results. Attended sprint plan meetings to review the user stories and story points.
- Responsible for developing and executing of manual test plan and test cases for Web Services SOAP and REST API testing.
- Added assertions in response xml to validate the output of web service calls.
- Worked with programmers to test the daily builds and reported bugs.
- Collaborated with development on test automation efforts to ensure that development supports the testing solutions.
- Performed functional, compatibility testing on different browsers like IE, Firefox & Chrome.
- Performed automation testing using Maven, GIT Hub and Jenkins.
- Worked with Developers and Quality Assurance associates to identify and implement test suites/test cases for diverse projects.
- Worked in UNIX / Linux to execute shell scripts to upload the dummy data to database.
- Executed find, grep, ps, kill, find, cp, mv, tail, cd, view, vi etc commands in UNIX/Linux.
- Tail the log files in UNIX / Linux to debug the issues / bugs.
- Updated environment setup files as needed in UNIX / Linux.
- Developed SQL queries and Joins for validating data in Data Base and used Excel and XML files for Data Driven Automation testing. Used TOAD tool to connect to database and execute SQL queries.
- Prepared and executed Test Cases as per System Requirements and User Stories.
- Worked with Team members to develop TEST Plan document.
- Prepared and execution of test suite using Selenium.
- Participated in identifying the Test scenarios and designing the Test cases.
- Performed manual testing on some required modules.
- Performed various black box testing Methodologies like functional testing and Regression Testing.
- Defect Tracking and Reporting, logged defects using JIRA tool and reported it to the developer.
- Developed and executed Test cases, Tracked the status of project using HP Quality Center Test management tool.
Environment: Java, Webdriver,, XML, Selenium, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Oracle Database, SQL, Toad, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Putty.
- Worked with Business Analysts very closely to collect Requirements, discuss Use Cases and mapping the Use Cases to Test Cases.
- Participated in preparation of Test Plan document.
- Prepared Manual Test Cases to test basic functionality of Automated Enrollment
- Performed Functional, Smoke, Integration, System, Regression, End- to-End Testing.
- Involved in Automated Enrollment, Enrolling new members, Terminations and Updates.
- Automated and customized the scripts for the entire application using QTP.
- Test cases, Test scripts for testing the functionality using Mercury Quick Test Pro.
- Created Object Model Reference to customize QTP.
- Used VBScript file to load all the function libraries using Library functions in QTP utilities.
- Generated SQL queries for Backend Testing to pull the Member, Group, Provider and Claim Data.
- Defines and Reports measurement data and results to the executive management team along with observations and recommendations for improvement.
- Involved in Black box testing and manual testing methodologies.
- Coordinated and managed testing projects at every step of the quality cycle from test planning through execution to defect management. Worked with Developers to resolve the issues.
- Monitored all phases of the testing process, communicating project information, test schedules and their execution. Conducted Functionality and Regression testing during the various phases of the development and ensured the entry exit criteria tracking the test cases to the requirement specifications document using Quality Center (QC).
- Generated Test Summary report after completion of every iteration.
Environment: Java, Java Script, SQL Server 2000, Oracle 8.0, FACETS 4.2, Windows XP, Quality Center8.2, UNIX, SQL Plus, SQL, PL/SQL.