- 7 years of work experience as a QA Engineer as both Manual and Automation tester for testing Web and Client Server applications using Selenium WebDriver, Java, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, Jira, Eclipse and IntelliJ.
- Expertise in test automation tools like Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium Grid.
- Experienced in writing and executing Testing Standards & Methodologies, Test Plan, Test Cases, Scenarios.
- Hands on experience in Web application testing, Web Services Testing, desktop application automation using manual and automated testing.
- Proven ability in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing Step Definitions for behavior for Selenium WebDriver automation.
- Automation experience with Selenium and QTP/UFT
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks from scratch like Page Objects Model (POM) framework, Keyword Driven framework and Data Driven framework for several projects.
- Experienced in API testing using RESTAssured Library.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats.
- REST services, JSON & XML, proper verbs & idempotence, request headers and query string parsing, data validation and unit testing.
- Solid understanding of Object - Oriented Programming Java concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation and latest Java 8 features.
- Working experience in Software Development methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile Scrum.
- Involved in Cross Browser Testing, Web Service Testing, and Data Base Testing.
- Experience in building Automation Frameworks in UFT / QTP and Selenium.
- Good exposure in using of QTP / UFT Integrated environment (Check points, Step Generator, Synchronization, Actions, Function/Sub procedures, Recovery Scenarios and Object Repository etc.).
- Developed Automation scripts and integrated with Master/Driver Scripts using (UFT) / (QTP).
- Working experience in both manual & automation followed by Black Box, Unit, Functional & Regression, UAT, GUI (API), Back-end (Database), Integration, System, end-to-end (E2E).
- Hands on experience in Tracking and Reporting of defects using Defect Tracking Tools such as Jira, ALM.
- Experienced in database testing using SQL Queries on Oracle, ORDS and SQL Server.
- Expert in developing Keyword Driven and Data Driven Framework and Hybrid Framework.
- Ability to analyze web-based application, design, develop and maintain test automation framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, Core JAVA in Eclipse IDE.
- Expert in automated testing tools such Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, GIT and Jenkins and test-reporting tool like Jira and ALM.
- Strong experience with API testing using Postman tool.
- Automated web services and API’s using UFT.
- Experienced in supporting Agile Release by executing large amount of test scripts across multiple platforms using Selenium Suite.
- Expertise in usage of data analysis tool Splunk.
- Experience in automation tools like Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, Appium, Coded UI, NUnit, and TestNG.
- Experienced in test automation tool installation, configurations and setting up the Virtual Machines for Parallel Test Execution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven cross functional tester and a cross-functional team player with an analytical approach to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Very detail oriented Cross Functional SD.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, Firebug, TestNG, X-Path, Eclipse, Confluence, Postman, Unified Functional Testing UFT, Quality Center, JIRA and Bugzilla.
Testing Frameworks: TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, HTML unit, Protractor, Jasmine, Karma.
Build management tool: Ant, Maven
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Languages: Java, C#, .Net, Python and SQL
Databases: SQL Server, DB2 and My SQL, Oracle
Web Language: HTML and CSS
Project Management: MS Office, MS Project, JIRA and TFS
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
- Performed Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System Integration Testing, Regression Testing and Database Testing.
- Worked in Agile Scrum environment.
- Contributed for developing and implementing Page Object Model (POM) framework for automating test cases using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber. Maven, JUnit, Apache POI and TestNG.
- Developed and implemented java-based libraries for reading test data from Properties files, XML and Excel sheet using Java and Selenium.
- Automated SDLC process using JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo and a number of other Atlassian add-ons.
- Involved in validating functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium and the request and response of the Web Services (SOA) through Postman.
- Tested both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, and Rest Assured and tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Analyzing and identifying root causes for the failures in production and QA environments using Splunk logs and fixing them.
- Used locators such as: id, name, class, link text, tag name, xpath and css selector for identifying Web elements.
- Created cloudwatch dashboard in AWS and splunk dashboard to analyze the performance results of API.
- Developed and executed test cases for API REST-full services using Postman.
- Created library of functions and recovery scenarios using Selenium WebDriver and UFT.
- Implemented SQL queries to verify proper insertion or deletion of data in database.
- Established database connection with JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) API.
- Performed parameterization data driven tests scripts in UFT.
- Performed automation testing using Selenium and Java Scripts for testing GUI Functionality.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins.
- Used Jira for defect reporting and keeping on track with the project.
- Used GIT for version control.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing on Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer to improve applications Browser Adaptability.
- Collaborated with developers, business analysts to stay on track with project and to solve defect related issues.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Java, Jira, SQL, API, Postman, Selenium WebDriver, Splunk, Cucumber, Postman, XML, Maven, Git, HTML locators, Confluence
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- Working as Lead QTP Automation analyst in Symphony application.
- Designed new SDLC process flow using Atlassian Products (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, and others).
- Managing Offshore and on shore automation Teams.
- Modified and Developed Existing Hybrid Automation Framework.
- Developed Automation scripts for Regression, Sanity and End to End Scenarios.
- Automated web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Published C++/C# sample performance test programs on SharePoint.
- Developed an Automation tool for database Performance and Stress using C#.
- Performed multiple executions using TestNG.
- Experienced in web services testing using SoapUI, RESTAssured and SoapUI Pro tools.
- Communicate the Risks and Issues and also quantify the Risk, Tack the same in the SharePoint.
- Automated the Daily builds for both retail and checked flavored using C#, perl and batch scripts.
- Execution of UFT and Selenium automated scripts and reporting defects.
- Built automation given feature documentation, using Java (little), C# (Application Tech stack UI, Business logic, Backend DB/SQL).
- Designed and implemented several ListGrids tied to back-end data retrieved from a RESTful web service.
- Implemented page objects, Data Driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Junit.
- Maintained Daily and Weekly Status Reports.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, VB Script,C#, Java, Mainframes, DB2, Oracle, XML, Web Services, UFT 12, ALM 12, QTP 11.0 & 11.5, Quality Center, Confluence, JIRA, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Junit, RFT, MS Office and SQL, SharePoint
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Developed Data Driven framework and helped to maintain Page Object Model framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JUnit, Maven and Cucumber based on Java.
- Participated in requirement gathering, analysing and ensuring all the requirements are understood.
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Scenario, Test Script and Test Case writing based on the requirements.
- Automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Participated in Regression, Functional, Integration, Positive, Negative and Smoke testing.
- Tested application for browser compatibility using Chrome, FireFox, Internet explorer.
- Developing Appium Scripts for Native Android/IOS Apps using Java.
- Tested Micro Strategy reports and written test cases using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Performed Back-end-testing using SQL queries and connected database with JDBC API.
- Tracked and reported software defects with Jira and collaborated with business analysts and developers to ensure the quality of software met the requirements
- Used version control tool GIT.
- Set up continuous integration on Jenkins.
- Experienced working in Agile Scrum environment.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, Micro Strategy, GIT, HTML, XML, Jira, Jenkins, API, SQL, Agile, Scrum
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Participated in requirement gathering and creating Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Scenario and Test Script for Functional testing, Smoke testing, Negative and Positive testing.
- Developed Manual Test cases for Functionality, Positive, Negative and Smoke testing.
- Executed Manual Testing based on test cases and compared actual results with expected results.
- Used Git for managing local and central code repositories.
- Collaborate with product management in Waterfall environment.
- Automated functional positive and negative test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JUnit, Maven and Java.
- Developed Behavior-Driven framework using Cucumber.
- Developed Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts and reported software defects on Jira.
- Experienced Backend testing using SQL Queries.
- Interacted with developers and other QA engineers to resolve technical and bug issues.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Maven, Jira, GIT, HTML, Manual Testing, Waterfall
- Effective communication between QA Peers, Business and Development Groups.
- Understand the testing effort by analyzing the requirements of project AGILE delivery process of software using SCRUM methodology.
- Develop the test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan.
- Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts is documented and maintained.
- Review and follow-up for the Sign-off on the Test Cases/Test Scripts documents.
- Executing SQL Queries using SQL Server and SQL Developer.
- Track and prepare the report of testing activities like test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, testing results and performance baselines etc.
- Identifying the regression test cases from the current release and moving into Regression folder in HP ALM.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Created Postman and Jmeter scripts in order to automate and catalogue webservice calls in order to reproduce bugs or to set up repetitive scenarios and test data.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks usingJiraas tracking tool.
- Coordinated with the development, operations, and integrations teams to ensure handoffs were comprehensive and delivered in a timely manner.
- Developed internal applications using C# necessary for overhauling the quality assurance environment.
- Ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones.
- Prepare the Test Summary Report at the completion of project.
Environment: SCRUM, Agile, SQL, HP ALM, SQL Server.