- 5 years of IT experience in delivering IT software services including requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, automation of various industrial solutions.
- Experience in DevOps tools such as Git, Maven, SonarQube, Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Tomcat.
- Expertise in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud Services like EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups, Cloud Watch, API gateway, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Elastic Storage, NAT, AWS Lambda, Firewalls and experienced in Cloud automation.
- Experience in Docker Container, Docker Swarm for creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Expertise in all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing and scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis, Performance issues, Analytics and Test Phases to complete the CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Authored Ansible Playbooks with SSH as the Wrapper to manage configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances.
- Expertise in working with Bug Tracking Tool like JIRA and Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, New Relic, and Cloud Watch.
- Expose the platform and application level core API’s as RESTFUL web services and implement application workflows in user interface using jQuery.
- Installation, configuration and administration of virtual box and VMware virtual machine for RHEL, Ubuntu Linux servers.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, SonarQube.
- Knowledge on Docker based container deployments to create shelf environments for development teams and containerization of environment’s delivery for releases.
- Expertise in Atlassian Confluence software for team collaboration and Technical documentation.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux (Red Hat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x), CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows 8/7/Vista/ XP.
Language: Shell, Groovy, PowerShell, YAML, Python
Tools: GIT, Bit bucket, GitHub, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
Artifactories: Nexus, Artifactory, JFROG
Cloud Computing: AWS, GCP, Azure
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mango DB, Elastic search
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginx
- Designing and developing standard templates in the orchestration tool (Jenkins) to serve as framework for pipelines to be created for the automation.
- Set up new applications and environments from scratch - from getting the RHEL hosts provisioned to getting the app rolled out in production, following a dev. to prod technique, and provide server maintenance after that as well.
- Using Service Now, complete all required information like Manager group, affected CI class, change implementation start and end dates, Impacted sites, risk and impact of the change.
- Make the servers self-healing by setting up crontabs and alerts on the hosts along with setting up Tomcat/Apache apps and assist on upgrading versions and putting in patches and enhancements.
- Solid interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work as a productive member of a fast-paced, tight-knit team
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills. Ability to quickly learn new application systems and technologies
- Implemented and integrated SonarQube setup Static code analysis in CI/CD pipeline to maintain the code quality and perform the automatic code reviews to detect bugs for all the java and .Net applications.
- Managing the impact assessment of proposed change in the integrated technology environment, in particular understanding the impact of proposed changes on all upstream and downstream systems.
- Integrated JaCoCo Plugin in Build.gradle files to publish code coverage reports to SonarQube and Implemented PR pull request process for all the jobs in Jenkins to trigger the build once PR is merged.
- Maintains corporate standards for deploying technology and works with senior management in strategic planning
- Works self-contained and self-motivated to drive the development of highest standard
- Good working knowledge of distributed systems, web infrastructure and protocols, network architectures and distributed transaction processing.
- Installed and configured Jenkins with SonarQube and GIT by installing GIT plugins and building the artifacts using Maven automation tool and storing the build artifacts into Nexus repository and deploying it to WebSphere server. Developed Bash and Python scripts to automate various stages of build and release process in Jenkins. Defined various CI/CD workflows using Jenkins file groovy DSL scripts.
DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources such as VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security group, Auto Scaling, SNS and RDS in Cloud Formation Yaml templates.
- Configured and managed New Relic for monitoring over existing AWS Cloud platform and also Stack Driver monitoring for Google Cloud.
- Infrastructure Build for both AWS and GCP, Migrate On-prem servers to Google Cloud and server handling and monitoring.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission and applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- On code freeze we used to cut down all the feature branches and used to push everything in master and deploy and then continuous testing used to take place
- Experience in designing azure resource manager template and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell. Involved in creating the deployment strategy on the Microsoft azure cloud.
- Experience working on azure cloud services, azure cloud storage, Azure service Bus. Managing client’s Microsoft azure based PAAS and IAAS environment.
- Provided pre-and post-production deployment support end to end and worked in complete Agile Environment with 4 weeks of Release cycle.
- Managed end to end automated regression testing effort and monitoring hourly Jenkins job build and involved in sprint automation task as soon as Developer finishes their work with unit tests and check-in
- Keep track of all the Legacy defects and monitor them across all the environments
- Used Jenkins to build, test and publish the project artifacts, implemented build per branch as part of CI procedures to run Sonar for code coverage and run unit and integration tests to help improve the pipeline efficiency. Updated Jobs. Groovy for the migration of Jenkins jobs from AWS to Google cloud.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates using JSON to create customized VPC Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and databases.
- Create Dashboards with views for each application widgets in Cloud ability to list the servers and their performance metrics along with separate views and subdivide into granular application level in PMOD2 for usage and cost optimization.
- Coordinating with the test team for the regression test with each release, deployment in each of the lower environment and supporting for the defect fix, if any, that comes along the line.
- Integrated Sonar GitHub plugin which will help to analyze the code before committing the code to GIT hub at the developer stage only and gives the report to the developer end and helps to reduce the error build files.
- Prepared sample code and applications for displaying various outcomes of API applications.
- Supported technical teams in community discussions for educating members on API applications functionalities.
- Authored Ansible playbooks for configuring instances and create security baselines, roles, templates for more reliable deployments and automated cloud deployments using AWS Cloud Formation templates and Ansible.
Jr. DevOps Engineer Hyderabad, INDIA
- Built infrastructure using AWS by importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating Security Groups, Auto Scaling, Load Balancers (ELBs) in the defined Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Worked on setting the security groups, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto Scaling groups based on memory, CPU to adapt to unforeseen spikes without having an outage or needing manual intervention, Architect and design AWS Private Cloud Subnets, Security Groups, Network Access Controls, configure Load Balancing for application high availability as well as performance.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products using Jenkins and Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customization and plug-ins for JIRA Bug/Issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.