- Around 10 years of experience in Information Technology industry in DevOps/ Agile operations, Linux Administrator, Software Configuration Management/ Release Management Specialist and Cloud Management
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Oracle).
- Experience in architecting and Configuring public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Elastic Load - balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, CloudFront, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, DirectConnect, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, IAM.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Custom integration, plugins dev for different tools around CI-CD like GIT, JENKINS, Artifacory, Rally, Guard, Reporting and Dashboards using API and other techniques.
- Defined portlets, workflows, packages to perform automation of ERP deployments through IT Governance.
- Worked to help design, install and deploy cloud based Big Data solutions using Azure and AWS, including Redshift scaling and database creation for clients.
- Good experience in Cloud foundry and Azure.
- Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC).
- Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Information Security Metrics.
- Specializing in Octopus Deploy, Team City, and AWS
- Work with developers to implement new projects and covert older applications Octopus Deploy.
- Responsible for incident and problem-mgmt ensuring 24x7 system stability, availability and performance.
- CD Tools: Cruise, Urban Code uDeploy, Urban Code Release/Build
- Highly skilled in automating Operating System installation and setup utilizing Jumpstart Servers for provisioning of Solaris 9/10 servers and Kickstart servers for provisioning of RHEL 4.x/5.x/6. X.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM to Stash Migration, Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in implementing the Configuration Management Tools like CHEF, PUPPET and Ansible
- Developed applications on Spring Boot Framework using MicroService(SOA) Architecture and Synchronous protocols such as Java /REST
- Strong proficiency in supporting Production Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, and VMWare) as well as traditional managed hosted environments.
- Experience with Python as primary backend and with many MVC frameworks like Django, Flask and Web2py etc.
- Design and Developed Web Services, RESTful API's for Mobile Apps using Python Django-REST and Flask Frameworks on Nginx and Uwsgi servers.
- Experience in working on cloud AWS cloud EC2, S3, EFS, RDS, LoadBalancer and Auto Scaling with AWS command line interface and AWS PYTHON SDK.
- Experience in working with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation
- Implemented technical solutions for system logging for clients using Graylog.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Use of Docker to mange micro services for development and testing Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Oracle Virtual Box, JENKINS, Maven, ANT, IBM uDeploy, CVS, SVN, GIT, Gerrit, SonarQube, Docker, Docker-compose, Micro Services.
- Proficient in writing PUPPET modules and CHEF cookbooks
- Deploy architecture on AWS cloud for Lamp Stack application.
- Hands on experience with AWS cloud-specific technologies, including Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Services (S3), Route 53, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, Virtual Private Cloud(VPC), RDS, Cloud Watch and many more Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Development and version control of CHEF Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Foodcritic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on-premise CHEF Server.
- Resolving cookbook dependencies using Berkshelf.
- Running recipes in standalone mode using CHEF-solo and CHEF-zero.
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, CVS, AWS and Stash.
CI & Provisioning Tools: Hudson, JENKINS, Bamboo 5.11, Ansible, CHEF, PUPPET.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Docker.
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, IOS, Red Hat LINUX, Ubuntu, Fedora.
Bug Tracker & Testing Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, JUnit, IBM Clear, Quest, Find bug Static
Analytics: SAS Studio, AWS EMR
Tools: MS Office Suite, Nexus, Atlassian Confluence.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Waterfall Methodologies.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, .NET, PYTHON, Spring, Ruby, Objective C, Java/J2EE.
Scripts: Shell Script, CMake, Batch Script, Groovy, Perl Script, PowerShell Script.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML, JSON.
Web/App servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, RHEL, JBOSS.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Enabling customers to better manage software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, SVN and Git.
- Created branches, performed merges in version control systems GIT and SVN.
- Managed Git and SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Responsible for taking the source code and compiling using Maven and package it in its distributable format, such as a Jar, War and Ear.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Ansible Playbooks and roles to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using Puppet/Ansible, shell and python scripts.
- Release Engineer leveraging Octopus Deploy to distribute several software products to multiple live and backup installations.
- Taking weekly back-ups like Jenkins home directory.
- Develop, implement and manage Software configuration management procedures.
- Creating project, branches and providing the access on them. Also setup tags/snapshots after each milestone release.
- Resolve the merge conflicts with the help of development teams and run sanity builds after every merge into trunk.
- Created CI jobs with Maven as a build tool.
- Automate the deployments on Tomcat application server.
- Responsible for deployments Into QA, UAT, staging and PROD environments.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages
- Created and configured build machines, ClearCase views, config specs, branches, labels, triggers, and Cron jobs as necessary to implement builds for new project.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Installing and configuring the applications like docker tool and ECS for the orchestration purpose.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Created multi AZ VPC instances.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Aid in configuration and on boarding application teams to the IBM Urban Code Deploy platform.
- Provide end to end automated solution in Urban Code deploy platform
- Develop and implement automation and administration necessary to support a large infrastructure with many users - automation of hypervisor deployment, configuration management of RHEL systems.
- Deployed and configured puppet servers and puppet client including bootstrapping of puppet client nodes for provisioning; created environment, modules, and manifests for server configuration, deployment.
- Used to create and manage Puppet Modules for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code to deploy different Applications infrastructure for Dev, QA and Pre-prod based on the requirement from different teams.
Environment: SVN, ANT, Jenkins, Red Hat Linux, Apache Tomcat, GIT, MAVEN, Azure, AWS, EC2, CONFLUENCE, Jira, CHEF
Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer/Lead
- Develop tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of a large-scale AWS Linux environment.
- Using Chef deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with CloudWatch.
- Design and document CI/CD tools configuration management.
- With setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef Recipes, Chef Node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Completed set up of CD environment with focus on Urban Code uDeploy.
- Designed and implemented automation deployment using Urbancode and Cruise to promote major releases, monthly releases, and patches from Development -> Integration/QA -> Staging/UAT -> Production.
- Created a Continuous Delivery pipeline to bundle Chef Cookbooks and Cloud formation templates and push them to S3 buckets using Jenkins, Git.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/Chef spec.
- Also, used Chef for provisioning the infrastructure and also wrote Chefcookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-production environments.
- Responsible for designing, building, and supporting advanced cloud automation workflows and tools used to support automated CI/CD pipeline application deployments into AWS using Jenkins, Artifactory, Puppet, Packer, Vagrant, and Terraform.
- Worked private cloud and public cloud domains and involved in setting up the projects in GIT created POM.xml file and integrating with Jenkins for continuous integration
- Developed and designed continuous integration pipeline and integrated using bitbucket, Jenkins, SonarQube.
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Development, Test and Production using Maven and SonarQube.
- Deployed Spring Boot frame work using java (SOA) Architecture and Synchronous protocols like REST.
- Responsible for designing and implementing enterprise-wide layered cloud image management and deployment optimization system with support for public/private software repositories.
- Improved and managed Maven plugin (Maven-configfilter-plugin) for managing configuration through the modules.
- Azure Networking and security design and implementation.
- Work with security team to build End User VPN solution in Azure .
- Responsible for designing, building, and supporting advanced cloud automation workflows and tools used to support automated CI/CD pipeline application deployments into AWS using Jenkins, Artifactory, Puppet, Packer, Vagrant, and Terraform Used Kubernetes to deploy and manage containers (pods) on AWS.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports development, test and production environments.
- Created best practices Build environment using Jenkins, Packer, immutable instances and AWS .
- Strong proficiency in supporting Production Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, and VMWare) as well as traditional managed hosted environments.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates or Azure Portal.
- Involved in building own Paas with Docker deployed various applications through Dockers containers.
- Coordinated with team leads to determine needs and how best to implement JIRA within department.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile
- Used Ansible Control server to deploy plays and playbooks to the machines and systems in the inventory with Chef.
- Experience in installing and configuring AEM CQ5, used it to structure log file and machine data.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the Microservices to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to docker swarm cluster using Chef.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and configured various plugins GIT, Maven, SonarQube, and Nexus.
- Worked on Docker compose to schedule multiple containers and written compose.yml files to configure and scale multiple application services.
- Build expertise in Workflow for Amazon Web services including security Groups, IAM, EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, Policy, VPC, Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFormation, Chef, Jenkins, Vagrant, Apache, Tomcat, Git and GitHub .
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with MAVEN/Jenkins.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Git.
- Implemented devops pipeline using various tools like Jenkins, GIT, SonarQube and Sonatype Nexus
Environment: CHEF, Openstack, Micro Services, JENKINS, Cloud Foundry, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, Ruby CHEF, JIRA, Confluence, Azure, Maven, Artifactory, GITHUB, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS ELB, AWS EMR, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Bitbucket, Terraform, Kubernetes RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, RedShift, AWS EFS, PowerShell, Tomcat, Apache, ElasticSearch
Cloud AWS/DevOps Engineer/Lead
- Experience as Cloud AWS DevOps Engineer project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to CHEF for Cloud Automation.
- Administration of RHEL 5,6,7 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting on both Pseries and VMWare virtualization systems
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Authored application using Spring Cloud services (spring version of Netflix OSS-Eureka, Circuit Breaker, and Ribbon).
- Deployed application using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI.
- Interface with federal employees, contractors, and stakeholders to perform security assessment activities .
- Assess major application and general support system security configurations and implementation
- Wrote Python routines to log into the websites and fetch data for selected options.
- Developed Python/Django application for Google Analytics aggregation and reporting.
- Build and use CloudFormation\ Terraform templates to design and launch applications.
- L3 Global Telecom ITOC Global Network Operations
- Mentored team members
- Supported LAN/WAN, Security, Load Balancing and Voice for in the enterprise environment
- Develop security Assessment Plans (SAPs), security Assessment Reports, (SARS), Residual Risk Reports (RRR), and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) Reports.
- Implemented monitoring solutions with Elasticsearch and Logstash.
- Use of Docker to mange micro services for development and testing.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes
- Design, development, and support of automation modules using Puppet Enterprise integrated with enterprise metadata Adhere to the process and security standards when building application infrastructure in AWS Serve as enforcer for DevOps practices to prevent "technical drift”
- Malware hunting through Kibana and Graylog.
- Created ELK Dashboards and Searches and Parsing logs in Graylog.
- Experience in supporting data analysis projects using EMR on the AWS Services AWS Cloud and exporting and importing data into S3.
- Generated Python Django forms to record data of online users and used PyTest for writing test cases.
- Utilized standard Python modules such as CSV and pickle for development.
- Developed Wrapper in Python for instantiating multi-threaded application.
- Maintain key service level agreements On boarding of new applications into standardized release pipeline Work closely and collaborate with technical peers, business operations and enterprise testing teams
- Written and developed CHEF Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Used CHEF for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Writing chef recipes for various applications and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Responsible for CI and CD using JENKINS, Maven and CHEF.
- AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based infrastructure automation through Ansible, Python and Bash Scripts.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed CHEF Server and clients to pick up the Build from JENKINS repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Configuring of Redshift cluster for report query.
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Developed installer scripts using Maven, PYTHON for various products to be hosted on Application Servers
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox.
Environment: CHEF, Openstack, Micro Services, JENKINS, Cloud Foundry, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, PYTHON, Ruby CHEF, JIRA, Confluence, Graylog, Maven, Artifactory, GITHUB, Ubuntu, Open source, CentOS, Linux, AWS ELB, AWS EMR, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, MicroService, Terraform, Kubernetes RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Bitbucket, Ruby, RedShift, AWS EFS, Tomcat, Apache, ElasticSearch.