- Having 8 years of Professional IT experience as a AWS Cloud Engineer, DevOps automation Engineer, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build & Release management, and worked in many technical roles both in Linux and Windows environment for build/Release automation process in Web & cloud/server Environment using Java/J2EE/JEE Technology, AWS & open source technologies.
- Strong experience in Automation, Configuring and Deploying instances on Amazon web services (AWS) and experience with AWS components like EC2, ELB, Auto scaling, S3, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial and Cloud Formation Templates.
- Expertise knowledge on AWS IAM service, IAM policies, Roles, Users, Groups, AWS access keys and Multi Factor Authentication. And migrated applications to the AWS Cloud.
- Experience with AWS Command line interface and PowerShell for automating administrative tasks. Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic reaching one or more AWS EC2, LAMBDA instances.
- In - depth knowledge of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT and TFS.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience in writing Jenkins Pipeline groovy, PowerShell scripts for Continuous Integration and build workflows.
- Strong experience creating ANT/MAVEN with Ansible scripts for deployment. Experience with Maven (Pom.xml) and Ant (build.xml).
- Expertise in component repository management tools like Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory etc.
- Experience in OpenStack deployment both manual and automation installations.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code , execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform and Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Worked with Docker and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code. Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- Experience in working with container-based deployments using Docker, Docker images, Docker file, Docker Hub, Docker Compose and Docker registry, Used Docker-Swarm to maintain the cluster of containers.
- Experience in implementing Spark processing, Kafka messaging, JBoss BRMS and Cassandra DB on the OpenShift container platform.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Experience on clustering and container management using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Experience on OpenShift architecture for OpenShift build automation, OpenShift CLI and CLI operations, OpenShift cluster and cluster maintenance.
- Experience with Scheduling, deploying, managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and in creating Kubernetes clusters work with frameworks running on the same cluster resources.
- Worked on Microservices and deploying Microservices using Kubernetes YAML files.
- Having experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool and writing playbooks that automate repetitive tasks, managing changes for critical applications for continuous delivery.
- Experience in Configuring and Integrating the Servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and creating new machines using Configuration management/provisioning tools like Ansible .
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Having experience on Chef as configuration management tool, automate repetitive tasks, quick deployment of critical applications, manage changes effectively and automate tasks for continuous delivery into server environments by writing customized recipes and cookbooks.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as ELK Stack, Splunk, New Relic, Nagios, AppDynamics.
- Hands on experience with build tools like, Team City, Sonar. Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally and Remedy.
- Experienced administrator skills on Linux/UNIX distributions (Red Hat/CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris and AIX) and Windows flavors. Installed Linux/Unix distributions and configured various services as per the requirement using Puppet.
- Worked with other internal IT teams to complete project activities (Architecture and Database teams).
- Worked with VMWARE tools like vCenter & vSphere to manage VM’s running on ESX cluster nodes and also experience working on V Motion.
- Experience in windows Azure and Azure internal tools for monitoring network and server health.
- Expert in various Azure services like Compute ( Web Roles, Worker Roles ), Caching, Azure SQL , NoSQL , Storage , and Network services , Azure Active Directory (AD), API Management, Scheduling , Azure Auto Scaling , and PowerShell Automation.
- Experienced in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on Azure VM’s to manage the containers created by PCF. Used Docker for deployment containers and push the code to Azure Cloud.
- Working knowledge on Azure cloud IaaS and PaaS Services.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Experience in deploying applications on Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere and WebLogic servers.
- Experience in creating and managing user accounts, Security policies, Rights, Disk spaces, Disk quotas and Process monitoring in CentOS and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience in configuring NIS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, FTP, Remote Access Protocol, Security Management, Security trouble shoots and SOA-based applications. Expertise in installations of SQL server, MYSQL server and PostgreSQL.
- Experience in Linux/Unix System Administration, Network Administration and Application Support working on Red Hat Linux 6/7, SUSE Linux 10/11.
- Experience in handle tasks in Red Hat Linux includes RPMS using YUM and LVM file system .
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, PowerShell and azure PowerShell for automating tasks.
Platforms: RedHat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE, VIOS 2.1/2.2, HP-UX 11, IBM AIX, Windows, Windows Server, VMware, ESX and Mac OS
Cloud Computing: AWS EC2, S3, RDB, ELB, EBS, VPC, Auto Scaling, Dynamo DB, Azure Cloud and Office 365 Cloud Exchange
Version Control: GIT, SVN, Subversion and Bit Bucket
Database: Cassandra, MongoDB, MYSQL, SQL Server 2012/2014
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo and CVS
Build Tools: ANT, Maven and Gradle
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally and Remedy
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
Scripting: PowerShell, Python, Groovy and Perl scripting
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, Servlets
Application Servers & Web servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache server and JBoss
Testing tools: Selenium and Sonar Qube
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, NewRelic, Solar wind and Jfrog
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for managing Ubuntu, Linux and windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Open Source Chef Server. Utilized Amazon Elastic Block Storage which provides persistent block storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances in the AWS cloud.
- Worked with Cloud/infrastructure support Team on AWS cloud and designed a highly available secure multi zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation.
- Worked on AWS CLI Auto Scaling and Cloud Watch Monitoring creation and update.
- Designed roles and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Built and configured EC2 instances on AWS cloud platform, configured Elastic Load Balancer for traffic control for the EC2 and S3 buckets.
- Worked on enhancement of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud in the scalable environment which provides advanced security features such as security groups and network access control lists to enable inbound and outbound filtering at the instance level and subnet level.
- Well versed with Amazon Route 53 which effectively connects user requests to the infrastructure running on Amazon EC2 instances and Amazon S3 buckets.
- Incorporated Amazon Ops works which is a configuration management tool that uses Chef to automate the servers that are configured and deployed across Amazon EC2 instances.
- Implemented a server less architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and DynamoDB and deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets. Created a Lambda deployment function, configured it to receive events from our S3 buckets and provisioned Lambda functions to create a Log stash for centralized logging.
- Used Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications developed within Java platform in pre-production Environment.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Created Terraform scripts for EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancers and S3 buckets.
- Managing the OpenShift cluster that includes scaling up and down the AWS app nodes.
- Experience with OpenShift Security Context Constraints (SCC) and service account.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging and tagging and developing Shell/Groovy Scripts for automation purpose.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python .
- Automated RDS, S3, VPC, Elastic beanstalk, EC2 using python (boto3) and bash(AWS cli).
- Deployed AWS Elastic beanstalk applications developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on Apache and IIS.
- Automated the migration of Subversion(SVN) repositories to GIT while preserving the commit history and other metadata like branches, tags and authors.
- Experience in creating scripts in DSL Groovy which integrate with Jenkins for Automation to create seed jobs.
- Extended the generic process by attaching the Jenkins job webhook to all the current Java and Scala-based projects in GitHub .
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and continuous deployment(CI/CD).
- Developed custom Jenkins jobs/pipelines that contained Bash shell scripts utilizing the AWS CLI to automate infrastructure provisioning.
- Experience in Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks. Expertise in staging and creating CI/CD pipelines and Merge changes through SDLC pipeline Jenkins and GO for Continuous Integration.
- Installed Jenkins/Plug-in for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Art factory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Chef as a CI/CD Process.
- Developed a generic Jenkins job in Jenkins for continuously building all kinds of maven projects through the webhook . And, I was replacing the existing individual maven jobs.
- Artifacts generated by Jenkins configure jobs with the Maven for various deployments of Managed JAVA/ J2EE enterprise applications in an agile environment, automated solutions using Python & managed artifacts in the NEXUS repository.
- Used Maven3.3.9 as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Made use of Gradle and maven for building applications and written structured pom which can be consumed by Jenkins
- Regular build jobs are initiated using the continuous integration tool with Jenkins.
- Generated scripts in Maven, Perl & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Experienced in upgrading current internal Gradle plugins for incorporating new features.
- Worked on container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes. Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Deployed and configured Prometheus to monitor Kubernetes nodes with node-exporter, monitor Kubernetes API and resources with Kube-state-metrics.
- Calico Utilized Kubernetes for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Experience using Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Ansible.
- Used Ansible and Ansible tower ( AWX ) as configuration management tool to deploy the application to multiple servers at once.
- Worked on Ansible-Galaxy for Templates and modified as per our requirement. Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues and help to create and maintain disaster recovery plans.
- Used NewRelic application monitoring for performance metrics in real time to detect and diagnose application problems automatically.
- Wrote bash scripts to automate Nagios service check creation through usage of an SNMP index as an array to monitor production SMS binds to major cell phone carriers.
- Data Center Design, Implementation, Support for Secure Transaction required for Payment Card Industry. Checking of PKI and other Security Certificates.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Webserver , Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat , JBoss .
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Jboss 10.1.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the new LDAP OU, Groups, Schema, and attributes.
- Good working experience in enabling WebSphere global security using Local OS and Sun One LDAP (LTPA mechanism), SSL configuration, ordering digital certificates, creating key database using Ikey man and key tool tools, import/export certificates and create self-signed certificates for development, UAT, pre-production and production environments.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, SNS, SQS, VPC, Cloud formation, Cloud watch, ELK Stack), Ansible, LDAP, python (BOTO API), Red Hat Linux, gradle, Groovy, Shell scripting, Ruby, Kubernetes, Openshift, Nginx, Linux Administration, Terraform, JIRA, GIT, SVN, NewRelic, Nagios.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. DevOps Engineer/ AZURE Cloud Engineer
- Executed the migrating the existing v1 (Classic) Azure infrastructure into v2 (ARM), scripting and templating the whole end to end process as much as possible so that it is customizable for each area being migrated.
- Configured Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint security and firewall, Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Worked on Pivotal Cloud Foundry Application migration and resolved issues.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the V Nets with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Used Azure OMS & Power BI for visualizing the activities. Worked on Azure App Insights, Alerts and Log Analytics for Monitoring as part of OMS.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud aws4 Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging. Configured GIT with Jenkins and scheduled jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Involved in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Deployed web applications into different application servers using Jenkins and implemented Automated Application Deployment using Ansible.
- Experienced in helping teams to configure Webhooks in Git to trigger automated builds in Jenkins.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Responsible for setting up Jenkins server and building jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling and post-hook scripts in source control systems like GIT.
- Developed Groovy scripts for java application deployment by using Jenkins.
- Experienced in Groovy scripts for setting up LDAP configuration for Jenkins using security matrix.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml and converted build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Developed installer scripts using Maven, Python for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and Dev-environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization. Collaborated with development support teams to set up a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Expirenced on Openshift for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs, modification of Buildconfigs , templates, Imagestreams , etc
- Configure and setup Kubernetes Cluster environment with master and Nodes. Managed local deployments in Kubernetes using minikube, creating local clusters and deploying application containers.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and wrote recipes in Ruby Script to install and configured Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script for java/j2ee applications.
- Monitoring SPLUNK authentication and permission for supporting large scale SPLUNK deployments. Used JIRA for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management.
- Hands on experience in customizing Splunk dashboards, visualizations, configurations using customized Splunk queries.
- Using Python, Perl and Shell scripts for automation and monitoring, the administrative tasks and management using Cron Jobs.
- As part of continuously delivering Agile team, develop, test, and deploy Data platform features Develop ongoing test automation using chef, Python based framework using Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK Stack.
- Involved in Python Script to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance.
- PowerShell scripting for Automation - Creating VM's, Virtual Networking, VPN, Key Vault, Load balancer and Disk Encryption.
- Worked in creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware and migrating servers between ESX hosts using VMotion and installed Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
Environment: VMware, Azure, Chef, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Groovy, Terraform, Python, Ruby, Shell, TFS, JIRA, Splunk, Oracle, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache HTTP server, JSON, Nexus, GitHub.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Associate DevOps Engineer
- Comprehensive experience with AWS services like Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, Cloud Formation, Lambda, VPC, ELB, Glacier, Elastic Block Store, Dynamo Db, Amazon RDS, Code Deploy, CloudWatch, Amazon IAM, SES, SQS, Security Groups and Route 53 in Agile environment.
- Tasks performed on performance tuning, capacity planning for AWS environments, monitoring, resource utilization and alerts using CloudWatch; implement hybrid architectures, routing private connections, peering and infrastructure zoning by VPC; CloudFormation templates to deploy infrastructure for environment creation; Code Pipeline to design and implement a CI/CD pipeline.
- Responsible to Design, build, configure, test, install software, manage and support all aspects and components of the application development environments in AWS.
- Developed environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash and Terraform.
- Worked on designing AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Authored application using Spring Cloud services (spring version of Netflix OSS-Eureka, Circuit Breaker, and Ribbon).
- Created branches, labels and performed merges in SVN and GIT.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed CHEF Server and clients to pick up the Build from JENKINS repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing managers to trigger required build.
- Written and developed CHEF Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to CHEF for Cloud Automation.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Chef to aid with our deployment process and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS Ops Works stacks across 4 product platforms.
- Installed and support multiple databases and applications including Oracle, MySQL with Web Logic, JBOSS, Oracle and Apache Tomcat.
- Supported Continuous delivery strategy on monitoring applications in pre-production and production environment using AppDynamics.
- Experience in writing and organizing Shell and Perl scripting for building complex software systems.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- Administration of RHEL 5,6,7 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting on both PSeries and VMware virtualization systems.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- System performance monitoring, tuning and log management.
- TCP/IP Networking troubleshooting and Linux/Network Administration to identify the problems and resolve the issues.
- Worked closely with network/incident analysts and IC analysts to monitor current attack and threat information to identify.
- Implemented Jira with Maven release plug-in for tracking bugs and defects.
- Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy.
- Implemented and maintained server virtualization using VMware, Esxi and Oracle Virtual Manager.
- Coordinated with application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with JBoss servers.
Environment: AWS (Amazon Web Services), Chef, Terraform, Micro services, VMware, Jenkins, JBoss, Jira, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Nexus, Shell, PERL, BASH, Solaris, LINUX 5.x, 6.x& 7.x
Confidential, Washington DC
Build & Release Engineer
- As a member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Created Branches, and performed Merges in Source Tree & Stash
- Maintained and administered SVN source code tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT. Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins).
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN. Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Managed to deliver specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Integrated delivery (CI/CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and puppet.
- Build artifacts (war, ear) are deployed into a Tomcat, WebLogic app server by integrating Scripts.
- Developed Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web, J2EE and .NET applications.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Worked with customers, developers, testing, product management and support staff.
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
- Checking of PKI Certificates for validity, expiry.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments
- Created Perl & UNIX scripts for build and Release activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked in JIRA to capture, organize and prioritize issues. administering JIRA for issue management.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all systems, applications, security, and network configurations
Environment: SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Python, Linux AMI, Nagios, Auto scaling groups, Apache Tomcat, JIRA, Ubuntu, Windows server NT, Oracle server.
- Monitored Linux servers round the clock and identified, troubleshooting the system issues and finding the optimal solution.
- Created Crontab to run a job at scheduled time.
- Responsible for Installation, configuration, Maintenance, Deployments, Update, Monitoring, performance tuning on Linux.
- Installing, configuring and administration of CentOS 5.x, Solaris 9, 10, RHEL4.x/5.x/6.x, Windows Server 2008-R2.
- Planned, scheduled and implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Create, maintain and troubleshoot Disk Partitioning, LVM and file management.
- Performed backups and restoration on several Linux LPAR’s.
- Created users and managed user permission on the Linux servers.
- Modify Kick-start based server profiles and hardware specifications.
- Perform Kick-start/PXE installations of RHEL.
- Monitored Linux servers round the clock and identified, troubleshooting the system issues and finding the optimal solution.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, hardware and software raid, multipath, file systems, network.
- Deployment and configuration of application server tomcat deploying java and web application.
- Responsible for the maintenance of DHCP, DNS, LDAP and NFS services on Windows and RHEL in development environments.
- Configure TCP/IP, network interface, assign static routes and hostnames.
- Writing shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the user logs.
- Automated repetitive tasks using Perl and Shell Scripting.
- Written Perl/Shell Scripts for deployments to WebSphere Application servers.
- Identify, Troubleshoot and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization, I/O resource utilization on disks.
- Wrote Technical documentation for various projects and worked with Technical writer to finalize the documents.
- Involved in Virtualization with VMware vSphere, ESXI, 3.1/4.0 servers, vCenter server and vCenter.
- Implemented SSH for secure transfers and implementation of PKI between servers to enable password less logins between servers.
- Disk and File system management through Logical Volume Manager (LVM) on HP-UX, LINUX and Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) on Solaris.
- Set up SAMBA, NFS servers to enable Windows and Unix clients to communicate with Linux. Without the need of additional software on the windows side, such as NFS clients.
- Performed Physical to Virtual (P2V) migration of approximately 50 physical servers using VMware Converter.
- Performed backup and restore of VMware host server configuration, Virtual Machine backup, snapshots, patch updating, monitoring/reporting, SSH and SNMP and notification of alerts.
Environment: RedHat 5.x, CentOS, Solaris 9,10, Windows, VMware vSphere 3.1/4.x, ESXI 3.1/4.0x, TCP/IP, NFS, LVM, DNS, LDAP, Kickstart, Solaris Volume Manager (SVM), Shell, Perl.