- About 5.9 years’ experience as a Senior ETL/Database/Java Support Analyst in all stages of the business software development life cycle (SDLC), including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation & Production - UAT support using ETL (BI - Pentaho, Talend, Informatica, Microsoft DTS), SQL (Sybase, Microsoft SQL, Oracle), Core Java (OOPS, Collections, Regex, JDBC)
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills with ETL / Business Intelligence tools, Java & (Sybase) T-SQL.
- Strengths: Production Support & analysis, requirement analysis, enhancements, designing; and strong customer interface, client services, consulting, debugging & problem-solving attitude.
- Experience in Banking - Finance (Trading & Risk), Insurance, Retail & Hospitality (tourism) domains.
- Excellent in client management & inter-person management skills. Have ensured full client satisfaction through-out the carrier, by understanding and meeting client expectations.
- Efficient in meeting deadlines, without impacting deliverables. Ability to work on several projects concurrently, in a tight schedule.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. Experience of leading module & team/delivery management.
- Diligent work ethic with desire to succeed and make significant contributions to the organization.
- Always a self-learner and a good team player with strong personal and group communication skills.
Business Intelligence: Kettle-Pentaho’s BI-ETL, SQL server DTS, XML transformations, Informatica 8.6 (support) Database Sybase, SQL Server 2000
Programming Languages & Scripts: Java, UNIX Shell Scripts (ksh/bash), SQL
Tools: & Framework: Spring IOC, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Web Works, Dreamweaver, Build Automation ANT IDE & Reporting Tools Eclipse 3.x, MyEclipse, NetBeans 4.0
Content Management: EMC Documentum Webtop Administrator, Content Server, Business Process Manager, Alfresco Web content management Application/Web Servers, Apache, Tomcat 5.x/4.x
Version/Source Control Systems: Microsoft VSS, IBM Clearcase Subversion (SVN), CVS.
O/S & Environment: Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/NT, Win 2k Server, Sun Solaris 8, UNIX, and Linux.
Familiar with: JSF, JNDI, ORM, Spring Framework IOC, AOP, DAO, ORM, Spring Web MVC, Java script - DOM4J, C, Microsoft IIS, Web Logic, IBM WebSphere, Oracle, MySQL, Junit
Consultant - Support Analyst & lead
Technologies/Tools: J2EE (JSP, Spring), UNIX Shell scripts, Sybase & Oracle SQL, Sun Solaris based Unix environment, Clearcase, FX Option Trader, TRML, Harmony (Traiana)
- Front office support for Prime Brokerage & FOREX Trading of derivatives like Cash (Forward, SPOT, SWAP, NDF) & Options.
- Supporting client traders, client service & transition teams; on-boarding support for new clients, serving as single point of contact between clients & SPOKE by supporting FX trade capture for prime broker system.
- Production - UAT Support, Enhancements, development management of FX derivatives trading system.
Technologies/Tools: SQL Server DTS, SSIS, UNIX Shell scripts, Sybase & SQL Server PL/SQL, Sun Solaris based Unix, Pentaho Kettle BI, Windows 200x servers, Log4j, ClearCase, Autosys, DBArtician, Pikachu, Java, J2EE (Spring, JDBC, JNDI), Apache Ant, XML, Maximo, JIRcoA
- Led onsite-offshore team of 5 members to support back-office users/clients & all above Market risk systems
- Responsible for customer interaction & verification of risk numbers for risk managers using risk management tools.
- Supported hourly (24x7) batch - ETL pipe load from Sybase to Netezza data warehouse. Provided support for cube based slice & dice reporting. Supported Unix based automated batch processes
- Interfaced between different Technology/business groups such as - data warehouse admins, ETL COE group, Informatica development team, DBA, UNIX admin groups, Vendors & customers - for remediation of issues across Production, UAT, DEV environments & also release management.
- Developed solid relationships with infrastructure teams and leveraged that to improve system stability & availability.
- Worked on various POC, proposals (RFP) involving use of Java -ETL tools like Informatica & Alfresco web content management.
- Release management using JIRA, Clearcase & Maximo, following through standard bank software engineering process.
- Developed SQL server DTS Transformation packages & jobs - to facilitate automated archival & transformation between various data inventories - resulting cost savings of ~480 hours person hours/year
- Development of ETL transformations using Pentaho Kettle for automated archival of feed files.
- Developed and enhanced stored procedures in Sybase. Created UNIX shell scripts & Autosys jobs to automate manual processes.
- Enhancement & development of 10 Day Risk reports using VB6 and the .net framework.
- Database Capacity management. Various value-additions contributed to business support team by automating DB archival, automating file archival jobs & creating re-usable services.
Module Lead analyst & developer, web content management
Technologies/Tools: Java, J2EE, Webworks, Documentum Query Language, Documentum Content Server 6, Documentum Webtop, Documentum Administrator, Documentum Foundation Services, J2EE Application Development Framework, Various Oracle products for identity management & content management
- Led Analysis & development efforts for Confidential ’s in-house Content Management System, “TRAX”, which provides functionality for the objectives of loan approval & Credit Loss Management.
- Enhance and optimize current manual processes by TRAX- Valuation Engine - using the J2EE Application Development Framework, Documentum and numerous Oracle products for identity & content management.
- Led research on various possible SSO approaches which includes Design of Security & Generic component with the team of 2+ resources.
- Responsible for designing generic Documentum view solution for all CLM/Valuation applications.
- Involved in requirement gathering & responsible for deliverables of Documentum.
- Participation in Documentum generic SSO solution for document view functionality/proposal.
- Involved in designing DFC based Documentum services & content Index server