- 6+ Years of IT industry Experience in Linux Administration , with Software Configuration Management, Change Management, build automation, Release Management and DevOps experience in small and large software development organizations.
- In depth Knowledge of AWS cloud service like Compute, Network, Storage and Identity & access management (IAM), S3, AWS Lambda.
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, Bamboo, AWS Lambda, ELB (Load Balancers), Cloud Watch, RDS, SNS, SWF and EBS and Dynamo DB .
- Built servers using AWS Cloud Formation scripts: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, S3 buckets assigning roles and policies via IAM, implementing Auto - Scaling, load balancers (ELBs), Security groups in the defined Virtual Private Connection (VPC).
- Experience to setup monitoring tool such as CloudWatch and Nagios to maintain various systems on different environments.
- Integrated Jenkins with Docker container using Cloud bees Docker pipeline plugin and provisioned the EC2 instance using Amazon EC2 plugin.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python, run Ansible Scripts to provision development servers.
- Extensive experience in setting up the CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Working Experience on Azure Cloud Services, Azure Storage, SQL Azure and in different PaaS Solutions with Web, and worker Roles and Azure Web Apps.
- Involved in using Terraform and Ansible, migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Azure and managing Ubuntu and RHEL virtual servers on Azure by creating Ansible Nodes.
- Create clusters in Google Cloud and manage the clusters using Kubernetes. Using Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, create new namespaces, creating docker images and pushing them to container registry of Google Cloud.
- Good knowledge and experience in using Elasticsearch, Kibana and CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk, Prometheus and Grafana for logging and monitoring.
- Championed in cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Expertise with Docker images using a Docker file, worked on container snapshots, removing Images and managing Docker volumes. Orchestration of Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating master and node.
- Worked on DevOps tools such as Chef, Docker, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, Vagrant, and Virtual Box.
- Configuring auto scalable and highly available microservices set with monitoring and logging using AWS, Docker, Jenkins and Splunk.
- Implemented JIRA for ticketing and as well as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub, Maven.
- Worked on High Availability, Failover and Disaster recovery of the JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket applications.
- Experience with ORM's such as Django and SQL, Mongo DB, Alchamy, database design and normalization. Proficient skills of using PyUnit, PyTest for writing unit test cases.
- Extensive experience in developing web applications using Python, Django, Flask frameworks.
- Worked in various methodologies like Agile , Scrum , Kanban, Waterfall and RUP and following practices like planning sessions, retrospectives, daily standups, pair programming, code reviews, TDD, ATDD.
- Good knowledge of UNIX shell scripts and PowerShell scripts for software automation
- Experience in configuring, implementing, analyzing and supporting Splunk server infrastructure across Windows, UNIX and Linux.
- Worked with Linux system administration and virtualization (RedHat, Ubuntu, VMWare).
- Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
Build/Automation Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo, U-Deploy
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, Bit-Bucket
Provisioning Tools: Terraform, Cloud Formation
Repository Management Tools: Nexus, J-Frog, Artifactory, Docker Hub
Web/App Server: Apache, Tomcat, Web Logic, WebSphere Application Server, LAMP
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, SQL Server, Post-Gre SQL Oracle
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack, APP Dynamics
Virtualization/Container: Docker, Kubernetes, VMware vSphere
Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP
Ticketing/Testing Tools: JIRA, Selenium
Operating systems: RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian, Windows
Scripting Languages: Shell, Bash, Perl, Python.
Confidential - New Jersey
Sr. DevOps Automation Engineer
- Automating the deployment using Configuration Management tool like Ansible to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable Continuous Deployments.
- Involved in maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, S3, Route 53, AWS Lambda, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS EMR services in AWS cloud.
- Created roles for EC2, RDS, S3, Cloud Watch, EBS resources to communicate with each other using IAM.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EMR; auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts and can quickly evolve during development iterations.
- Worked on Auto scaling, Cloud watch (monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk (app deployments), AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 (storage) and Amazon EBS (persistent disk storage) and Dynamo DB.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Written Python scripts for taking Regular EBS snapshot, start or stop instances using AWS Lambda.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications. Worked with multiple development teams to troubleshot and resolve issues.
- Utilized Jenkins master/slave architecture to distribute builds on nodes and trigger Jenkins job to build the artifacts using Maven, deployed the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Automated Cloud deployments using Chef, Python, and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Created various Terraform scripts to deploy Kubernetes, Dev, QA and Pre-prod environments in AWS Cloud.
- Implemented AWS Lambda to deliver cloud enabled NET services baseline functionality; retired the current on- prem features into a more concise set of AWS features/service.
- Implemented AWS Code Pipeline and Created Cloud formation JSON templates in Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform.
- Worked on the Docker ecosystem which includes Docker machine, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm and monitored containers using Prometheus tool.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Worked on Ansible playbooks for Kafka, Grafana, Prometheus and its exporters.
- Implemented a CI / CD pipeline with Docker , Jenkins and GitHub by virtualizing the servers using Docker for the Dev and Test environments by achieving needs through configuring automation using Containerization.
- Used Python to automate provision by Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks and stored result in Dynamo DB.
- Worked with container-based deployments using Docker , working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration infrastructure and automated releases to DEV/TEST/STG/PROD environments.
- Experience in Installing, configuring Cloud Foundry Ops Manager, App Manager, Etc. Configuring LDAP for authorization, configuring log regulator for logs in PCF (ELK/Splunk)
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Developed templated Jenkins pipeline for containerizing existing micro services and deploying to Kubernetes.
- Pager-duty integrations with App dynamics, Splunk, Wave-front, Cloud watch and slack through API’s and define escalation policies and schedules.
- Installed and upgraded Splunk software in distributed and clustered environments for numerous corporations and public entities.
- Enterprise Container Services, and today using AWS Faregate. Implemented Micro Services framework with Spring Boot, NODE.JS and OpenShift containerization platform (OCP).
- Designed workflows in Atlassian JIRA to deal with issues and maintained all the user stories for tracking as per Agile style.
- The deployment model uses Atlassian development repository tools, Jenkins as the build engine, while execution deployments to container orchestration tools ranged over time from OpenShift on EC2, AWS .
- Worked on Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup- Deployed Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers and migrating to Azure using Azure Site Recovery and collecting data from all Azure Resources using Log Analytics and analyzed the data to resolve issues.
- Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users and worked on creating custom Azure templates for quick deployments and advanced PowerShell scripting. Deployed Azure SQL DB with GEO Replication, Azure SQL DB Sync to standby database in another region & Fail over configuration.
- Worked on Serverless services, created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the applications using the Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) also called as Azure DevOps Services.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbook, PowerShell runbook that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS) authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect, and involved in administrative tasks that include Build, Design, Deploy of Azure environment.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline with Docker, Jenkins (TFS Plugin installed), Team Foundation Server (TFS), GitHub and Azure Container Service, whenever a new TFS/GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration (CI) server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure IaaS virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, VM Role, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal.
- Written Templates for Azure Infrastructure as code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics and used Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, and Docker containers.
- Deployed the Azure VM’s, Azure Storage (Blob, Files) using ARM Templates and PowerShell scripts.
- Worked on OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes container storage, automation to enhance container platform multi-tenancy also worked on with Kubernetes architecture and design troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Deploying windows Kubernetes (K8s) cluster with Azure Container Service (ACS) from Azure CLI and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and Octopus Deploy.
- Using Ansible created multiple playbooks for machine creations and SQL server, cluster server and my SQL installations.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution.
- Developed Ansible playbooks for Splunk in cloud environments with auto scaling for task force initiatives requiring big data analysis.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in Maven pom.xml files to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems in Python scripting for administering GIT, by using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution, and deployment onto Tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using J-Frog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project Jenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations, and plugins for Jira bug/issue tracker integrated Jenkins with Jira, GitHub.
- Worked with Nagios for Azure Active Directory & LDAP and Data consolidation for LDAP users. Monitored system performance using Nagios, maintained Nagios servers and added new services & servers.
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers, and its components using Nagios.
- Developed views and templates with Python and Django's view controller and template language to create a user-friendly website interface. Migrated applications to the AWS cloud Environment.
- Experience in developing scripts using RESTful API models for the purposes of integrating workflows with AWS.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts, Used AWS Lambda to perform event driven processing. Created Lambda jobs and configured Roles using AWS CLI .
- Created entire application using Python, Django, MySQL and Linux and developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash. Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Puppet.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Open Stack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Used Bash, Python, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Developed entire frontend and backend modules using Python on Django Web Framework.
- Used Python and Django creating graphics, XML processing, data exchange and business logic implementation.
- Utilized PyUnit, Pytest and the Python unit test framework, for all Python applications. Developed python framework using various Python libraries like Pandas and NumPy for Data validation.
- Designed and maintained databases using Python and developed Python-based API (RESTful Web Service) using Flask, SQL Alchemy, and PostgreSQL.
- Using Amazon EC2 command line interface along with Bash/Python to automate repetitive work.
- Used Python based GUI components for the front-end functionality such as selection criteria.
- Used Pandas API to put the data as time series and tabular format for east timestamp data manipulation and retrieval.
- Used REST based microservices with REST format considering RESTful APIs and outlined, built up the UI for the customer sites by utilizing HTML, CSS.
- Developed Restful Microservices using Flask and Django and deployed on AWS servers using EBS and EC2.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash.
- Assisted with development of web applications Flask, Pyramid, Django, Plone.
- Involved in building database Model, APIs, and Views utilizing Python technologies to build web-based applications.