CORE COMPETENCIES AND STRENGTHS:
- Great experience in working on projects from conception to launch encompassing every aspect of SDLC ranging from understanding business needs to breaking epics into user stories to creating technical documentation for implementation to presenting the completed work to stakeholders& approving release notes
- All round experience including working as a software developer where responsibilities ranged from understanding business requirements to crafting solutions to presenting prototypes to stakeholders to assisting software testers in writing test cases
- Developed several web applications that required responsive web design by using Bootstrap framework and CSS media queries for windows
- Expertise in Angular4framework to develop SPA by using routing, controllers, services and custom directives
- Developed a cross-device/cross-browser web application for real-time location sharing using Android
- Leveraged angular resources for all data access, encapsulating URLs and standardizing data access interfaces
- Comprehensive domain knowledge of pharmacy industry, patient data management (HIPAA), insurance claims and healthcare
- Ability to prioritize among competing priorities, negotiate with stakeholders and management, work in collaboration in a cross functional co-located team as well as offshore teams and to meet deadlines on time with expected quality
- Well conversantwith Agile/Scrum/Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in leading sprint backlog, sprint planning, kick-off, daily stand up and sprint retrospectives meetings
- Strong knowledge of creating database schema and writing database queries
- Possess very good understanding ofdata structures, client-server communication and object-oriented design
- Proven ability to introduce & follow through on implementing new business processes to improve productivity
Software Engineer/Software Design Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Developed a single page, responsive web application as a part of conversion of Windows based legacy product to web application while maintaining cross browser and cross platform compatibility
- Designed a completely new interface for electronic prescriptions that allowed doctors to send electronic prescription directly to the pharmacy.
- Building the new interface involved analyzing NCPDP’s XSD’s to create database schema. Identified all the elements that will be sent by the doctor through an XML file.
- Created new database tables and corresponding columns and linked them for better performance and relationship. Designed the end to end functionality encompassing the different flows of the application such as system behavior in case of a new prescription from the doctor, refill request sent by the patient or pharmacy, rejection scenario - doctor rejected the refill request and communication failures
- Carried out the mapping of database tables and columns with corresponding UI elements
- Worked with Angular Forms, Validations, Modules, Factory Services, DOM, Events, Expressions, Directives, Controllers, filters, Http Request
- Worked on Angular concepts like building the Components, Data binding, created reusable services and used them in different component using Angular 4 Dependency Injection
- Performed field level validations on incoming XML and created appropriate success/failure response messages
- Developed the UI for different types of reports ranging from inventory tracking to prescription sales volume to federal and state level prescription monitoring program reports
- Worked on integrating DS8108 HC scanner into the system that enabled 2D barcode scanning functionality
- Used Angular4 to create Controllers to handle events triggered by clients and send request to server
- Created components like Role-based navigation menu, advanced search bar and ability tocreate new account
- Developed web application for call center that reduced support representative’s service time by 80%. This was achieved by interfacing with the central database. The UI elements on the web application were finalized by undertaking stakeholder interviews and identifying the minimum critical information required to get the necessary information in the fastest way possible
- Assisted senior team members and provided suggestions on workflow changes and design discussions
- Led international production support team and assisted them by imparting product knowledge, code reviews, bug fix support and intuitive design recommendations
- Carried out digital transformation by aggregating controlled substance data into central repository & replaced manual logging with automated solution thus leading to lower penalty costs incurred by pharmacies. Led the development of web interface to view the data and generate reports required for inventory tracking as well as for state & federal audits
- Designed the algorithm for a smart copy calculator for insurance claims that lowered copay for patients in 18% of submitted claims. This effort required in-depth knowledge of how insurance claims are processed and how can they be automatically reversed and logged so as to provide the least copay to the patients
- Developed an interface with the point of sale system to integrate and accept credit card payment at POS terminal
- Communicated with internal/external stakeholders to determine specific requirements and expectations; managed client expectations as an indicator of quality
- Worked with product owners, enterprise customers and other stakeholders to understand the need for requirements & the business impact prior to breaking epics into user stories with the appropriate acceptance criteria.
- Carried out scrum responsibilities by conducting standup calls, tracking sprint performance, team capacity &by resolving team’s impediments to ensure on-time delivery
- Mentored new recruits about best practices of program management and feature development
- Capability to work with senior management and with onshore and offshore teams
- Ability to clearly see a new business opportunity and act on it in a timely manner
- Created and managed the estimates, project plan, project schedule, resource allocation and expenses to ensure that targets were reached on time with best quality
- Spearheaded large-scale program management ranging including agile project management, enterprise program governance, risk management, outsourcing/insourcing, & offshore/onshore development models
- Directed technology planning and direction, strategy development, leadership and implementation, business and operational transformation execution, business solution delivery, and business development
- Led C-Level and executive reporting and management, business case development, business unit management, senior stakeholder management and engagement meetings
Software Engineer-Technical Consultant
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Carried out digital transformation by automating the way in which NPPI (non-public personal information) was masked by the system.
- Created an intuitive UI for web application that enabled admin to access the recorded phone conversations
- Developed a user intuitive database web application that provided easy to use interface for fetching DB information.
- Analyzed data and identified bottlenecks in the app & recommended changes that improved application performance through database tuning
- Created responsive pages and made the website user-friendly
- Attended meetings with UX team to discuss shortcomings, suggestions, limitations of framework and technical glitches for the given wireframes.
- Maintained Cross Browser compatibility & implement Responsive Web Design using Bootstrap, custom media queries, with brand appropriate styles, colors, animations and font icons etc.
- Used jQuery plugins for Drag-and-Drop, Widgets, Menus, User Interface and Forms.
- Supervised and worked closely with data coordinators, and other team members to provide technical support and end user training on the developed applications.
- Created & published functional requirements, screen prototypes on portal for access by all project participants
- Assisted project manager and product owner to track and improve efficiency and Team Velocity using Sprint Burn-Down Chart and Product Burn-Down Chart, Work Breakdown Structure and Milestones List.
- Assisted QA department to write and execute Test plans and Test Cases; and workedon UAT.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Developed Androidmobile app prototype with augmented reality and geo fencing that increased app usage by 35%
- Utilized Metaiosdk for creating and displaying augmented reality characters
- Used Bazaar Voice API to get data about the customer ratings and reviews on various Sony products
- Integrated a barcode and QR code scanner that scanned Sony products and triggered the augmented reality effect
- Linked the location data of Sony stores with user’s current location to alert the user about a nearby Sony store thereby increasing the app usage
- Used Robotium to test the mobile application
- Actively worked on fixing the identified bugs
- Stepped up to assume the responsibilities of program manager by understanding the business needs, by prioritizing the requirements, exploring open source API’s and developing code in house while managing the prototype from conception to launch to ensure it met stakeholder’s expectations and the strict delivery timelines
- Assisted the program manager by splitting epics into manageable user stories with relevant detailed information, recommendation on the proposed acceptance criteria, effort estimation and expected code delivery date
- Helped in the creation of Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios and created forward and backward Traceability Matrices. Conducted User Acceptance Training (UAT) and actively participated and facilitated testing of the system during Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing and Regression Testing.
Software Developer Intern
Confidential, Green River, WY
- Played a key role in the development of backend of Uber like application in Java for passenger scheduling system and efficient route planning that resulted in minimizing the number of buses and delays by 30% with a standard deviation of 4.12
- Designed the system using custom variation of nearest neighbor algorithm, geographical boundaries, max on-board time and Google maps
- Developed an Android app that monitored driver’s current location and relayed that to the server to use that data for identifying the proximity of a pool of drivers to the customer seeking ride
Software Developer Intern
- Created kickstart files on Ubuntu for automated installation of software products
- Prepared business requirement documents and UML diagrams
- Led a team of four people and met the deadline on time with high quality