- Highly motivated and committed professional with 6 years of experience into DevOps, Multi - Cloud Environments, Linux/Unix Administration with a major focus on Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, Build, Release Management, Automation, Troubleshooting, Maintenance and Enhancement.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Experience in leading cloud technologies namely AWS, and Azure.
- Expertise in Using AWS services including EC2, Auto Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Security Groups, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, EBS, AMI, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Cloud Watch, SNS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Trail, Cloud Front, AMI, Route 53, IAM, SNS, SQS and Security Groups Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, GIT, TFS and used Source code management client tools like Git Bash, and GitHub.
- Experience in Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Azure Storage Accounts and Auto-Scaling.
- Software Configuration Management Support with Branching and Merging strategies, Tags, Version Control Systems, Integration Management, Build/Release Management and Requirement Management.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code and plugin management as per requirements.
- Deploying applications using Jenkins with new name spaces and Troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolve, work with engineering on resolution.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Terraform, Ansible and Puppet.
- Supported server/VM provisioning activities, middleware installation and deployment activities via Ansible and Written Ansible playbooks Provision several pre-prod environments.
- Experience creating, managing, and monitoring container-based deployments using Docker images Containing Middleware and Applications together on AWS.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub , Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Compose and Docker Registry .
- Experienced in Creating, Managing Kubernetes clusters using the Azure.
- Expertise in configuring ELK (Elastic search, Log stash & Kibana), Nagios and Splunk for Log monitoring of various applications.
- Experience in Installations/Deployments, and Troubleshooting enterprise web applications like Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, Nginx, JBOSS and Oracle WebLogic.
- Good Working knowledge of Build scripts & automated solutions using various scripting languages like Shell, Python, Bash, PowerShell, and YAML.
- Extensive experience in Installation , Configuration, Maintenance, Deployments, Patching, Upgrading , Monitoring , System Builds, Server Builds, Security, Backup , Migration, Trouble shooting, Recovery, and Performance tuning on Linux ( Red hat, RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu) .
Operating System: Solaris, Windows, Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS & SUSE)
DevOps Tools: Dockers, Vagrant, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Terraform and Ansible
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS Build, Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT (Git Lab, GitHub), Confidential, Perforce, Bit bucket
Monitoring Tool: Nagios, ELK and Splunk
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services, and Azure
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, YAML, Shell Scripting, Java Script, PowerShell
Web / Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, IBM Web Sphere, Jboss, and Oracle Web Logic
SDLC: Agile/ Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
- Troubleshoot and identify performance, connectivity and other issues for the applications hosted in Azure platform.
- Architected and Implemented Public cloud infrastructure in highly distributed environment.
- Developed PowerShell scripts and ARM templates to automate the provisioning and deployment process.
- Architected Azure Firewall, and Application Gateway with Web Application Firewall (WAF).
- Provide technical guidance on building solutions using Azure PaaS and other services.
- Experience migrating infrastructure and application from on premise to Azure and from Cloud to Cloud such as AWS to Microsoft Azure.
- Created Virtual Networks in Azure for hybrid connectivity with On-premise networks (Express Route, VPN Gateways).
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on Azure.
Environment: s: Azure, VPC, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Git Bash, Docker,, Nagios, JIRA, Shell Script, Apache Tomcat.
Confidential - Pittsburgh PA
DevOps/ AWS Cloud Engineer
- Implemented solutions using AWS tools and services like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic and application Load Balancer, and Auto scaling groups.
- Working on AWS EC2 Instances creation, setting up AWS VPC, launching AWS EC2 instances different kind of private and public subnets based on the requirements for each of the applications.
- Working on AWS Elastic load balancing for deploying applications in high availability.
- Working on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using AWS Cloud Watcher.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos.
- Experience with AWS S3 services creating buckets, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning and tagging.
- Responsible for managing AWS infrastructure provisioning and deployment and EC2 Installs with CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL 6 and Linux.
- Coordinate with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Used Maven as a build tool on java projects for the building of deployable artifacts (war and ear) from source code.
- Implemented a fully automated Continuous Integration platform to give developers real time testing and deployment feedback based on GitHub source code repository commits only.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles . Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant .
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters with Configuration management, writing playbooks.
Environment: s: AWS, IAM, S3, EC2, EBS, VPC, cloud watch, ANT, Maven, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Git Bash, Docker, Vagrant, Terraform, Nagios, JIRA, Shell Script, Selenium, Apache Tomcat, JIRA.
- Detailed technical knowledge and hands-on experience of DevOps, Automation, Build Engineering and Configuration Management.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications in Subversion (SVN).
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in NEXUS repository.
- Developed and maintained Maven (pom.xml) scripts.
- Integrated Subversion into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Developed the new CI tools or concepts for specific projects and improve the project performance.
- Created Jenkins Jobs for Build and Deployment of the application code on to the AWS Instances.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration and deployments automated releases to DEV/TEST/STG/PROD environments.
- Worked Ansible to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Creating new Build jobs, Integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process.
- Handled large volumes of container clusters with Docker and Kubernetes.
- User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like Web Logic, Jboss & Apache Tomcat .
- Experience on writing Shell and Python scripting for automating tasks in Jenkins.
Environment: s: AWS, AWS S3, IAM, VPC, Kubernetes, Tomcat Apache,, SVN, Nagios, Web Logic, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, GIT, Linux, Data Migration, Jenkins, Maven, Web Sphere, Ansible, Shell, and Python.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Performed Linux system administration in a development environment for content management software and hardware.
- Migrated services from outsourced hosting provider to internal Red Hat Linux servers.
- Setup backup system, network attached storage devices, and on-site server room with proper ventilation and power requirements.
- Daily tasks such as taking data backups, cleaning junk content and updating software.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User management, Security, Network management, dumb terminals and devices carried out.
- Worked as part of Testing Team in Application testing using Manual methods and Scripts.
- Monitored load and performance on the infrastructure and added capacity as needed.
- Installation, configuration and management of MySQL database server.
- Familiar with Disk Management Utility. Hands on experience in file system creation and file system management.
Environment: s: Red-Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris 8 & 9, GIT, Web Sphere Application Server, Web Logic, Veritas Cluster Server, Enterprise Security Manager, Web logic, Oracle 9i/10g.