- Overall, 6 years of experience in Configuration Management, Build and Release management involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, and debugging, automating, managing and deploying code across multiple environments.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong proficiency in supporting Production Cloud Formation environments (AWS, Azure, and VMWare) as well as traditional managed hosted environments and in deploying, configuring and managing servers in Open Stack.
- Experience is defining cloud security controls for an Azure environment at an Enterprise level for SecOps.
- Implementing various resources in Azure using Azure Portal, PowerShell on Azure Resource Manager deployment models. Experience deploying Infrastructure as Code (IoC) applications using ARM Templates (JSON).
- Experience working with various AWS Services like EC2, S3, ELB, Auto scaling, Route53, SNS, SES, Cloud Watch, RDS, Dynamo DB, VPC, ElastiCache, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, OpsWorks etc.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source code management client tools like GitBash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Good understanding of Openshift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters
- Configured and managed Nagios for monitoring over existing AWS cloud platform.
- Currently leads an active integration effort for building out PaaS with Redhat OpenShift, Dockers and working with developers on application containerization effort
- Ansible Playbook. - AWS Code Deploy.
- Azure PaaS Solutions like Azure Web Apps, Redis Cache, Application Insights, Azure Serverless Functions, Azure Stream Analytics, SQL Azure and Azure Storage.
- Monitored 100% of data center devices by integrating Zabbix using Linux, Zabbix, and Ansible.
- Expert in implementing continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Ansible .
- Highly experienced in Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a Code, Execution Plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation, and package management tools like Packer for the provisioning of instances on AWS.
- Experience using AWS - Cloud Watch and created alerts for instances.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, Support and Administration of TeamCity continuous integration tool.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to systems deployment with tools such as vagrant, berkshelf and test-kitchen and the treatment of each Chef cookbook as a unit of software deployment, independently version controlled.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Anthill Pro for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools (Puppet/Chef/Docker).
- Midlevel expertise in Ruby, PERL CGI, Web development and basic understanding in SQL and Python.
- Experience in working with Tracking Tools HP Service Center, JIRA.
Web technologies: HTML, JAVA Script, CSS, XML
Tools: Maven, Jenkins, Splunk, Nagios, ANT, Nant, MS Build
Databases: Oracle, Pl/SQL, DB2 Connect, MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, MS SQL, NoSQL
Cloud platforms: EC2, S3, GCP, EBS, ELB, VPC, IAM, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudTrail, Route53, CloudWatch, SNS, SMS, SQS, EFS, Microsoft Azure
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Salt, Vagrant, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Azure Docker
Application Servers: WebSphere, Web Logic, Apache Tomcat
Platforms: UNIX/LINUX, Windows, Solaris
Environment: Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, chef, Puppet, Unix/Linux, Python, Ruby, SHELL scripting, Git.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Coordinated with Different Environments such as Development, Network, Software and QA Engineers and to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of Build and Deployment processes to support all phases of development and production releases.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Worked with Build force and Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Apache Tomcat Server.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Experience in Designing Azure Resource Manager Template and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Configuring and Controlling the Scale Up and Scale Out of the App Service Plans and Pricing tier (scale DTUs) while migrating the Databases and Applications from on-premises to Azure Cloud Platform.
- Configuring applications to run on the datacenter and also provisioned the instances on AWS using Terraform , Developed and deployed stacks using AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Conducted detailed research on Mesos-Marathon and Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- Streamlined installation of OpenShift on partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure.
- Worked on cloud environment, AWS: created instances and migrated various applications to AWS.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's
- Configured AWS-EC2 Cloud Instances using AMIs and launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Designed and developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure (Resource Groups, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM) adhering to the SLA by placing them in Availability Sets and scaling them using VMSS (Scale Sets).
- Created and implemented ARM Templates for deployment of the resources, deployed the resources into Azure using the PowerShell and Continuous Integration by VSTS.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets using PowerShell.
- Developed build and deployment script using Ruby (Ansible Playbook) and shell scripting.
- Manage, Implementation and configuration - RTC, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible, SonarQube.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, SonarQube as build framework tools
- Deployed Active Directory domain controllers to Microsoft Azure using Azure VPN gateway.
- Development web service using Windows Communication Foundation and .Net to receive and process XML files and deploy on Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in Designing, Architecting and implementing scalable cloud-based web applications using AWS and Azure
- Introduced Automation into the CI/CD pipeline using Ansible - IT Automation tool.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Toad, Git, Tomcat, Apache, Sonar, Ansible, Oracle 12c, Jenkins, Marathon, Python, Ruby, Chef, JIRA, Maven, Art factory, Salt, Terraform, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Spock, Ruby, Chef-solo/server
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Develop installer scripts using Ant, Python, Unix for various products to be hosted on Application Servers
- Troubleshoot Build and Deploy Issues, with little downtime.
- Organize and Co-ordinate Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using, Chef and custom Ruby/Bash scripts
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Implemented and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus and Ansible.
- Experience on config mgmt. & infrastructure automation tools like Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, CFEngine etc.
- Implemented services that would route messages to different JMS queues based on message properties. These messages would be picked up by the appropriate ESB service which would in turn call the third-party partner web services
- Developed web pages using spring framework (Spring MVC, Spring Core, Spring AOP) and Struts
- Created data-models for customer data using the Cassandra Query Language
- Created User defined types to store specialized data structures in Cassandra
- Evaluated Mesos/Marathon for Docker container orchestration
- Installed and configured code rules, keys of Sonar for code analysis and created of Sonar Qube dashboards for different team members based on their roles to monitor the progress of project source code.
- Used Python, included in Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for AWS tasks.
- Led "Continuous Delivery" project, streamlining Dev workflow, integrating automated QE validation, and delivering standardized releases based on Docker to Operations for deployment.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS
- Experimented with Docker, by using Docker-compose
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Chef
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like WebLogic, JBOSS & Apache Tomcat.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins
- Install, Configure, Administer Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool
- Provide stable build environments for product development
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT
- Develop Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage
- Member of the Technical Design team, Build and Release Module for Development of new products.
- Created S3 bucket, ELB, IAM by using terraform and created stacks in AWS from the scratch using Terraform and updated the Terraform as per the organization’s requirement on a regular basis.
- Automated the local dev environment using Vagrant/chef-solo.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Document release metrics, software configuration process.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Toad, Git, Tomcat, Apache, Sonar, Ansible, Oracle 12c, Jenkins, Marathon, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Art factory, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Spock, Ruby, Chef-solo/server
DevOps / Release - Build Engineer
- Worked portal for triggering builds and releasing them to stakeholders by understanding the pain points of Developers and QA engineers.
- Maintained the FTP server in which the builds were copied.
- Experience in Build/Release Engineering Automation with Docker and Jenkins.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Maintained and developed infrastructure using Chef, Jenkins, and multiple AWS tools.
- Worked on establishing a streamlined release process for the development team from scratch.
- Created release notes based on the contents of builds and publish build artifacts to the stakeholders.
- Refactored configuration (Puppet) and deployment (Capistrano) system to be 6x faster and allow fully automated releases.
- Continuous Integration: implemented and promoted use of Bamboo within the developer community.
- Validated Jenkins along with Bamboo.
- Developed scripts for executing validation/test cases automatically after builds.
- Designed, Created and Managed Continuous Build and Continuous Integration environments in SCRUM and Agile projects, combining and automating tools like Cobertura, Selenium, XUnit and Web Driver with build processes to provide detailed Metrics and rapid feedback for development teams.
- Experience with Linux systems, virtualization in a largescale environment, experience with Linux Containers (LXC) and Docker.
- Hands on experience on Automation/Build such as Jenkins, JNLP Slave Nodes, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Nexus, Artifactory, Bamboo.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance. Developed and maintained in-house Code review system before migrating to the lightweight code review system available in Stash.
- Designed and implemented the backup strategy for all the critical systems such as build machines, bug tracking tools, central repositories etc.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Jenkins, Python, Ruby JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, Windows, AWS, Ruby, Chef, Windows.