- Around 5+ years of experience in IT Industry which includes Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, DevOps, System Administration working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Ubuntu, Sun Solaris, SUSE, and windows environment, as well as Build and Release Engineer in solving complex problems with creative solutions, supporting developmnt, Deployment operations in different environments.
- Expert in various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Caching, Azure SQL, ARM (Azure resource manager), NoSQL, Storage, and Network services, Azure Active Directory (AD), API Management, Scheduling, Azure Autoscaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi - site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, etc.
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform and services like Lambda, DynamoDB, EBS, ELB, AMI, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, CloudWatch, OpsWork SNS, Glacier, Auto-Scaling, IAM, Route53, EC2, S3, RDS, Rekognition, VPC, VPN, Security-Groups and through AWS management console.
- Experience in Designing and distribution of Data across all the nodes and Clusters on different availability zones in AWS Redshift and Scaling Amazon RDS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra DB, PostgreSQL, Instances Vertically and Horizontally for High Availability.
- Building a Web application to track moving vehicle from received images by drone in real time using AWS EC2 Ubuntu instance and S3 Bucket to store and access images remotely using Python Flask Framework with boto3 API.
- Experience with AWS instances spanning across Development, Test and Pre-production and Cloud Automation through Open Source DevOps tools like Chef, Jenkins & Docker.
- Responsible for OpenStack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools and OpenStack Multi-node Installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Experienced in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on Azure VM’s to manage the containers created by PCF. Used Docker for deployment containers and push the code to Azure Cloud.
- Extensive experience in writing Ansible playbooks and Modules to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes and experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbook.
- Experience using Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Experienced in working on puppet and chef, Data bags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook documents, testing docs, chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating, and uploading Chef Recipes, Chef Node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Experience in Developing Chef Cookbooks, recipes, roles, and data bags to automate the services related to deployment.
- Expertise in deployment of a Dockerized RabbitMQ in OpenShift so that we might use the auto-scaling capabilities of OpenShift with a Rabbit MQ cluster.
- Expertise in using Docker and setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose. Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Experience in Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Expertise in Terraform for building, changing, versioning infrastructure and collaborate the automation of AWS Infrastructure via Terraform and Jenkins.
- Experience in writing Jenkins Pipeline Groovy Scripts for Continuous Integration and build workflows and Used Jenkins uploading Artifacts into Nexus Repository and Automated various day-to-day administration task by developing Bash, Ruby, JSON, Perl, PowerShell, and Python Scripts.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems, such as Subversion (SVN), Perforce, TFS, GIT and Knowledge of Clear Case.
- Experience in installation and management of network related services like TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, DNS, TELENT, HTTP, HTTPS, LOAD BALANCING, VPN, FIREWALL, SUBNETS, SMTP, CDN.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing the Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, ELK and New Relic for Resource Monitoring/Network/Monitoring.
- Expert in trouble shooting Linux Servers, resolving boot issues and maintenance of server issues using rescue mode and involving in building new Linux Physical and Virtual servers using kickstart and PXE boot.
- Experience in internet information service and hands on experience with WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic deployments.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty Remotely coping files using SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinSCP, and FileZilla.
Cloud: AWS, OpenStack, Azure, PCF
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Build & Container Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes
Version Control Tools: GIT, CVS, SVN, Bit Bucket.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Cloud watch
Scripting: Bash/Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby.
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
Application Servers & Web Servers: WebLogic 9.x/10.x, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBOSS 4.1, Apache HTTP, Nginx, Apache TOMCAT
Networking: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP
Tracking Tools: Remedy, Service Now and PVCS Tracker
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7), UBUNTU, UNIX, WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7/8/10.
Virtualization Tech: VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.x, ESX /3.x, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual box
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Extensively automated the deployments using AWS by creating IAMs and integrated the Jenkins with AWS plugins to pipeline the code. Created Terraform templates to automate the AWS Deployments.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts, Used AWS Lambda with java to perform event driven processing. Created Lambda jobs and configured Roles using AWS CLI.
- Working with best DevOps practices using AWS, Elastic Bean stalk and Docker with Kubernetes. And Changed AWS infrastructure from Elastic Beanstalk to Docker and used Kubernetes for Orchestration.
- Automated uploading the worker images from the local machines to S3 buckets using terraform scripts and analyzed the patterns of the images using AWS Rekognition and stored the results inside high priority S3 buckets.
- Developed a POC (Terraform code) for storing an image an image in S3 by provisioning the infrastructure with Terraform by writing Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, Api-gateway codes where Rekognition gives away the metadata of the uploaded image and store it in DynamoDB.
- Worked on Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manage changes. Used Ansible Vault and Ansible Tower to secure sensitive data and control the access of playbooks.
- Written Ansible handlers with multiple tasks to trigger multiple handlers and to decouple handlers from their names, making it easier to share handlers among Playbooks and Roles.
- Managed Docker networking subsystem by using User-defined bridge networks, Host networks, Overlay networks, Macvlan networks and third-party network plugins.
- Mentored developers in Kubernetes design and custom application implementation and created a mesh pod network between Kubernetes clusters.
- Created several pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines by integrating Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow.
- Handled continuous integration with Jenkins by using various plugins like Global Build Stats, Multiple SCMs, Parameterized Trigger and Configuration Slicing to increase the productivity.
- Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Builds with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) by installing Jenkins Plugins for GIT Repository.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, set up the elastic search ELK Stack to collect search and analyze log files from across the servers and integration of Application with monitoring tool New Relic for complete insight and proactive monitoring.
- Generated reports using JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the project and created mail handlers and notifications schemes for JIRA.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers. Working with Python ORM Libraries including Django ORM to create Web applications.
- Manage users and groups in Linux servers to create, modify and delete users/groups and troubleshooting user related issues and involved in Troubleshooting Linux Systems identifying Hardware, software (both OS and Application level) and networking issues.
Environment: AWS (S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Rekognition, Api gateway and etc), Ansible 2.4, Terraform, ELK, Docker 1.13.1/1.12.6 , Kubernetes 1.8/1.7, Jenkins 2.10x, GIT-2.1x/2.x, Python 3.6, Jira 6.4, Linux, Maven, N/W.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Implemented Enterprise Integration architecture using Azure Service Bus, AppService’s, Active Directory, Storage, hybrid connection manager, active directory authentication for azure SQL server and offerings by azure.
- Handled deployment workflow including provisioning of servers, load balancing, and health monitoring of systems using Azure Service Manager and Azure Resource Manager
- Designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces (NICs), VMs and subnets.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Conducted current state assessment of infrastructure framework to identify gaps and recommended solution. Leveraged assessment result to enhance existing framework and designed strategic solution for owners and users.
- Design a robust future state Ingestion Framework solution leveraging Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL database & Data warehouse.
- Involved on migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and used Python API to upload agent logs into Azure blob storage.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for reporting and automation addressing either a single customer's environment or multiple customer environments.
- Implemented Micro-services using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform build upon Spring Boot Services and created workflows on TeamCity for setting up automated pipelines for CI/CD with PCF
- Worked with Chef and OpsWorks in Azure environment and implemented Chef-Kitchen on Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Provisioning servers/instances using infrastructure as code such as Terraform. Code is stored in a private repository and constantly updated.
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment by implementing a CI/CD pipeline with the help of Jenkins and Chef. Setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating, and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Configuration Automation and Centralized Management with Ansible and Cobbler. Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers
- Written many playbooks with tasks, roles, facts, and templates for VAR files, also configured files by conditions by keeping dynamic values and triggering YML files in Ansible.
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and Dealt with Docker Hub, making Docker Images and taking care of various Images essentially for middleware establishments.
- Implemented cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes to manage local deployments in Kubernetes by building a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster using Terraform and Ansible and deploying application containers.
- Configured Kubernetes Replication controllers to allow multiple pods such as Jenkins Master server in multiple minions. Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, managed Kubernetes manifest files and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes application.
- Included Vulnerability Detection as part of the CI/CD workflow using Jenkins Pipelines, SonarQube Quality Gates. Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Arti factory).
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide Continuous Automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git, and Maven.
- Coordinated developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Deployed and configured Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with Azure. Integration of Application with monitoring tool new relic for complete insight and proactive monitoring.
- Worked on web servers such as APACHE HTTP server, NGINX, Apache TOMCAT and application servers such as Oracle WebLogic 9.x, 10.x, IBM WebSphere 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, JBoss 4.1.
- Developed Python, Perl and shell/bash scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers and automation of the build and release process and to automate certain processes for the smooth process of build tool like Maven.
- Performed OS installations, OS Upgrades, & Server Patching by configuring PXE & DHCP server using Kickstart & Jumpstart scripts on Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x & 7.x.
- Maintained the Red Hat Satellite for infrastructure management to keep Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments and other Red Hat infrastructure running efficiently, properly secured, and compliant with various standards.
Environment: s: Azure, PCF, Chef, Ansible, Shell, Python, Linux, Maven, My SQL, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Docker, Virtualization, Kubernetes, ELK, New Relic, Configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server 2.4, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, SVN, GIT.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Designed, Configured, Troubleshoot and deployed Amazon Web Services (AWS) for multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack (including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, SQS, IAM, and EMR), focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS Lambda and invoked python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams.
- Deployed and administered virtualized Linux infrastructure on Amazon AWS and Rackspace Cloud. Built custom scripts, workers and clients utilizing AWS SDK to manipulate Amazon EC2 and S3 resources.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 instances using Terraform and Cloud Formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission-critical production servers as backups.
- Designed, deployed, and operated OpenStack and SDN based IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS service platform network in multiple datacenters and Deployed a various version of OpenStack like Icehouse, Kilo, Newton in Datacenter on multitrack with High Availability.
- Maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within AWS and involved in Knife and Chef Bootstrap process, converted production support scripts to chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using chefr ecipes.
- Deployed and managed many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud-oriented providers (AWS) with the Chef Platform and written cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize & optimize project configuration.
- Integrated Ansible Tower with the cloud environment, provided role-based access control, setup job monitoring, email notifications, Scheduled jobs, multi-playbook workflow to chain playbooks.
- Installed and configured a private Docker Registry, authored Docker files to run apps in containerized environments and used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace ids.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Automated the installation of Kubernetes single node environment on a Jenkins slave node using Kubeadm setup scripts. Implemented a Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Implemented a load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto-scaling Kubernetes AWS microservices container, developed networking policies for Docker Containers, created Pods and deployed to Kubernetes.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in the shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Deployed EC2 Container Service plugin in Jenkins, which automates the Jenkins master-slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Creating Advance Jenkins Pipeline with Jenkins Pipeline Scripted Syntax to Trigger Other Remote Jobs on Other Jenkins Masters. Automated the deployment of Java and .Net applications with the use of Jenkins.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, JBoss and Jfrog Artifactory.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers and wrote shell scripts to automate the process of adding ssh-keys, generating passwords in python.
- Monitored Servers and respond to alarms in a timely manner to prevent impact to client and performance degradation using Zabbix. Assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboard.
- Used Shell, Bash, and Python, to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Created database tables that can store and retrieve any amount of data and serve any level of request traffic using DynamoDB.
- Configured commercial SSL certificates for Applications Servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat using NGINX and Apache web servers to terminate SSL endpoint.
- Worked on troubleshooting various Linux server and network support issues using log files and tools like ping, telnet, strace and traceroute for application teams.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS) (EC2, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, KMS, Cloud Trail, IAM, Cloud Formation, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), LDAP, Terraform,) GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, ELK RedHat Linux, Docker, Bash, shell, Python, Tomcat.