- Overall good years of IT experience as Linux Administrator, Production support, DevOps engineer with in - depth knowledge of Cloud Computing strategies & expertise in the areas of Build and Release management, CI/CD pipeline, Configuration management, Automation, containerization, cloud solutions, Linux Administration and maintaining cloud environment
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Container Service, VPN Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Cognitive Services (LUIS) and SQL Azure.
- Experienced in designing Azure cloud models for establishing secure and cross-premise connectivity with Azure VPN gateway and Content Delivery Network.
- Worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search and notification hub
- Experience in provisioning, configuring and troubleshooting of various AWS cloud services such as EC2, S3, RDS, ELB (Load Balancers), ASG, SNS, VPC, Route53, Application discovery service, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation Templates, Ops Work.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service and Change Management).
- Deployed and configured Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Expertise in EC2 Backup methods, ELB (classis and application) security and application logging using Cloud Trail integration with Kibana and Elastic Search.
- Worked with container-based deployments using Docker , with Docker images and have a good knowledge on Vagrant .
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Executed CI/CD pipeline, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime to build, test and deploy on development, testing and production environments.
- Developed and Implemented Kubernetes manifests, helm charts for deployment of micro services and installation of Prometheus, Grafana monitoring pods into K8s clusters.
- Good understanding of Open Shift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters .
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environments carrying different operating system platforms like Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Setting up UNIX/Linux environments for various applications. Worked on different Linux distributions like Ubuntu , RHEL, Amazon Linux, CentOS .
- Extensive experience in using Version control tools like GIT, CVS, Bit bucket and SVN. In depth knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Tags and Merges
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war, jar & ear from source code.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like puppet & Jenkins.
- Profoundly did Continuous integration using Hudson's/Jenkins, Anthill pro , Team city and Bamboo, which requires developers to integrate code into a shared repository several times a day.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, JFrog, Puppet and Maven and Automated Jenkins jobs to manage, build, test and deploy code and applications.
- Writing playbooks for ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation in a SaaS (Software as a Service) environment. 0
- Developed Terraform scripts which integrates numerous services on AWS like EC2 instances for different computational needs.
- Experience in creating, developing and testing environments for different applications by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on AWS using Docker, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Integrated AWS Dynamo DB using Lambda to store the values and backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Experience in automation using PowerShell, Bash/SH, Python,
- Developed Unix-Shell Scripts for Build and Deployment process on Unix Boxes. Wrote Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Created Splunk dashboards and have strong Splunk UI experience and able to debug expensive search queries Written/Developed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process.
Cloud Computing: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
Automation Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, UDeploy
Webservers: Apache, Nginx, Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere
Scripting/ Languages: Shell scripting, Python, Ruby and PowerShell Scripting, Perl, Bash.
Database: Sybase, Oracle 7.x/8.0/9i/10g/ 11g, MySQL, DB2, Angular JS, Cassandra, Mongo DB
Networking/ Protocols: DNS, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, SCP, SSL, ARP, DHCP and POP3.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 7, 8, 9 &10 Linux (Red Hat 5.x, 6.x, 7.x’SUSE Linux 10), AIX, VMware ESX,Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2012 , Centos, Ubuntu
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus
Version control tools: Git, GitHub, Subversion, SVN
Virtualization/Container: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Vagrant.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances. Used Elastic cache to setup, manage and scale a distributed cache-in environment in the cloud.
- Expert level experience with AWS DevOps tools, technologies and APIs associated with IAM, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, AIMs, SNS, EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, IAM, Route 53, Security Groups, Lambda etc.
- Written Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using the same.
- Created Cloud Formation templates to automate the provisioning of AWS resources like IAM, EC2, S3, Route 53, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling and make calls to Ansible Playbooks that provisioning / configuration of servers on the instances.
- Created Cloud Formation Templates for different environments (DEV/stage/prod) to automate infrastructure ( ELB, Cloud Watch alarms, SNS, RDS etc.) on click of a button.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and on Integrating Ansible with Jenkins.
- Developed automation scripts in YAML using Ansible to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Build Docker Images and ran containers in the testing Environment Experience with Docker Swarm for orchestration of Docker containers.
- Managed Docker orchestration and containerization using Kubernetes orchestrator including deployment, scaling and clustering application run-time environment and created Docker images by writing Docker files using YAML.
- Worked on installation of Docker using toolbox & creation of custom Docker container images, tagging, and pushing the images.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Worked on container-based deployments using Docker images, Docker Hub, Docker registries and containerization orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes , creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Managed SVN & GIT Artifactory for branching, merging, and tagging, resolved merging issues performance and adjusted the Cassandra yaml file for optimal performance and load balancing; responsible and technical review/factoring of schema design , API client deployment.
- Built and defined dependencies to build artifacts using the build Automation tool Maven.
- Worked on authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in maven internal repository.
- Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous deployment (CD) using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Using Jenkins as orchestration tool to automate the provisioning of infrastructure code.
- Maintained track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Used JFrog Artifactory Repository Managers for builds and storing of Docker images.
- Monitored the Application and Infrastructure health by analyzing the logs and observing the user dashboard using Splunk.
- Monitored the AWS resources using Cloud Watch and also application resources using Nagios.
- Developed automation scripting in Python to deploy some applications.
- Developed Unix-Shell Scripts for Build and Deployment process on Unix Boxes.
- Operated on several prototype Open Shift projects involving clustered container orchestration and management.
- Production support of Apache, Jboss, My SQL, Tomcat including installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- Worked with tools such as JIRA, Agile/Scrum Methodology with short sprint cycle to release product, used JIRA for making projects, created mail handlers and notice schemes for JIRA and documented the processes Confluence.
Environment: AWS cloud, cloud Formation, Ansible, Docker, kubernetes, Vagrant, GIT, GitHub, python, My SQL, Maven, Jenkins, shell, JIRA, Apache tomcat, cloud watch, Nagios, JFrog, IAM, VPC, Load balancer, Route 53, VPC, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Code Build, Grafana, Splunk, JSON, YAML, Apache, Jboss, Agile, MYSQL, Linux and Windows environments.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
Senior DevOps Engineer/Azure
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (public) cloud to provide IaaS support to client. Created virtual machines through PowerShell script and Azure portal.
- Segregated the Azure services as part of sprint planning and preparing the hardening checklist for each Azure service.
- Creating new Azure ARM templates and artifacts to update the existing PaaS services as per the security standards
- Used Azure Service Fabric for package, deploy, and manage scalable and reliable micro services and containers.
- Used Azure AD using AD connect, configured SSO and multifactor authentication. Also configured SSO from Windows 10 based computer which is joined to Azure AD.
- Extensively worked on Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize during deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities. Managed Azure infrastructure resources, like virtual machines, DNS, Virtual Networks, subnets and Docker containers using Terraform.
- Worked on terraform state for assess restoration of the state file from backup.
- Worked in Event Hub partition receiver consumer approach and deployment automation via Terraform/ PowerShell/ARM.
- Used GIT version control system, Maintained the branching and build/release strategies. Set up the GIT synchronization web framework based on applications.
- Worked on Chef cookbooks/recipes to automate Infrastructure as a code
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Worked with chef data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes, and templates in chef. And created cron jobs for chef client to interact with chef server on time period basis.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing Directory structures, and managing containers. Built Docker files to create containers using Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, Elastic Search, Kibana and Log stash (ELK & EFK) etc.
- Worked on Chef cookbooks/recipes to automate Infrastructure as a code
- Deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker, orchestrated containerized application using Docker-Compose and Kubernetes.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespace.
- Utilized Kubernetes for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploys.
- Creating branching & tagging strategy to maintain the source code in the GIT repository; coordinate with developers to establish and apply appropriate branching and labelling conventions using GIT source control.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching , forks , tagging, and notifications. Experienced and proficient deploying and administering GitHub.
- Administered Jenkins for deployment into Apache Tomcat Application Servers, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change logs that includes changes that happened from last 24 hours.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Build and defined dependencies to build artifacts using the build automation tools Maven.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Configured block blobs, page blobs and append blobs in Azure for storing large amount of unstructured object data such as text or binary data, that can be accessed from anywhere via HTTP and HTTPS.
- Developed automation scripting in Python to deploy some applications.
- Worked on Hashi corp vault and Hashi corp consul which we use vault for storing of all our secrets, Passwords.
- Established infrastructure and service monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana for containers inside Kubernetes.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers. Worked on customization of existing Python scripts of some of the internal applications.
- Installed, deployed, and managed Linux Red Hat Enterprise 7.x, CentOS, Ubuntu, and installed patches, packages for Red Hat Linux Servers.
Environment: Azure Virtual Network, Azure cloud, subnets, Azure storage, terraform, GIT, chef, Docker, kubernetes, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, python, apache tomcat, Nagios, Visual studio, Shell, JIRA, Grafana, Prometheus, Apache, Jboss, Agile, CentOS, Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Configured the Dynamo DB using AWS management console and created the necessary tables and used Java based AWS SDK for access, storage and retrieval of information.
- Created and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and AWS management console.
- Developed strategies and supported tools to create an efficient automated integration and release process using Jenkins.
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups - CIDR's, VCP, NAT) and deployment and EC2 Installs with CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL6 and Scientific Linux.
- Worked on puppet Master and puppet agents. Defined puppet master and puppet agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Wrote custom modules and manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using cloud watch.
- Created and managed IT infrastructure and application stack using AWS Cloud Formation and writing the template file using JSON.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers which supports different Cloud service providers like AWS.
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script in Chef.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) configuration management.
- Created various branches for each purpose, merged from development to release branch, created tags for releases through GitHub.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation from Dev to SIT, SIT to Pre-Prod/ Pre-Prod to Production systems using Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Puppet automation tool.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Generated reports on different bugs & tickets using JIRA/ Bug tracking; created & solved blocked/unassigned tickets.
- Built & Deployed Java/J2EE to web application server in Agile continuous integration environment and automated.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Worked on version control tools stash (bit bucket) and GIT for cloning, mirroring and pushing the changes, created web-hook in bit bucket for Jenkins.
- Involved in performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and capacity planning of WebSphere Application server, Red hat Jboss Eap 6.x/5.x and Apache tomcat 8.x/7.x/6.x.
Environment: Aws, Chef, Nagios, Docker, Cloud watch, Jira, Jenkins, Hudson, Selenium, shell, Python, Chef Workstation, Chef Server, UAT, Git and SVN.