- 6+ years of IT experience especially in Software Quality Assurance, Web Accessibility, Documentation testing.
- Tested e - documents (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PDF), Web pages, Web applications, and software in accordance with Section 508 accessibility and usability standards
- Ensure the document passes Adobe’s Acrobat Accessibility Checker.
- Review and correct the logical structure of the file
- Accessibility Specialist with excellent knowledge in Accessibility Standards WCAG 2.0, Sec-508 for Web based application as well as mobile through design, development, and testing phases, working in collaboration with different teams.
- Through understanding of Software quality activities throughout the Software development life cycle SDLC).
- Working experience of performing accessibility analysis on wireframes and mock-ups to identify potential barriers, and violations.
- Providing detailed reports documenting identified violations with suggested solutions, including code examples based on the existing design.
- Extensive experience in conducting comprehensive accessibility testing using various methodologies like visual analysis, automated scans, screen reader reviews, color sampling, keyboard only, browser plug-ins, and code reviews against the WCAG 2.0.
- Excellent experience of using assistive technologies like JAWS, NVDA, WAT, DRAGON, WAVE, aXe, Color Contrast Analyzer, Talkback, and Voiceover on various OS.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Performing Accessibility Testing & consulting following Web Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 and 2.1) A and AA Standard.
- Performed Web Accessibility Testing and Remediation of PDF and Word documents.
- Experienced performing gap analysis and recommendations for accessibility design and testing life cycle.
- Ensuring that web contents are Perceivable, Operable, Understandable and Robust.
- Involved in Accessibility testing independently following Section 508 rehabilitation act 1973.
- Hands on experience using different manual & automated tools- JAWS, NVDA, WAVE, WAT, Color Contrast Analyzer and DRAGON Naturally Speaking.
- Extensive experience in QA for testing websites as well as remediated PDF's completed by other team members.
- Wrote Accessibility Evaluation Report and Trained Development and QA team on using various tools and standards.
- Generated test data for execution purpose and validated fixes and ensures regression testing.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Smoke, Regression, end to end, and Web accessibility Testing.
- Participated Smoke testing after new build comes in QA environment and regression testing for issue fixes.
- Tracking, reviewing, and analyzing defects using JIRA.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Performing Accessibility Testing & consulting following Web Accessibility Guideline (WCAG 2.0)
- Experienced on Section 508 rehabilitation act 1973 and widespread knowledge on US ADA for digital assets.
- Hands on experience with assistive technologies such as JAWS, NVDA, Voiceover.
- Logged, monitored and retested defects in MICROSOFT TEAM for Section 508 failures with various compatible browsers.
- Analyzing code for accessibility issues.
- Extensive experience in Testing and Remediation of PDF, Word and Excel and all other E & IT using Acrobat Pro XI/ DC as disable people expecting information.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external teams to identify strategies and implement accessibility solutions
- Conducting analysis of report from automated accessibility scan using WAVE, aXe.
- Collaborating with Development Team to resolve most common accessibility issues.
- Experience to analyze and employ problem-solving skills to recommend the best solution.
- Establish guidelines, best practices and standards related to designing and maintaining accessible websites and online materials
Confidential, Saint Paul, MN
Sr. Accessibility tester
- Attended walkthrough meeting with Business Analyst and gathered all the requirements.
- Created Test cases and peer review the test cases based on User story, FRD and xml specification.
- Uploaded Test cases in Quality Center from MS Excel to map requirements with test cases, provide traceability to requirements, create test sets, and selectively ran test manually.
- Clearly communicated defects with developers and updated comments in HP Quality center/ALM.
- Executed Test cases in Lab section and enter defects with appropriate screen shot and requirements. Log and track defects using Quality Center/ALM.
- Performed Smoke testing after new build comes in QA environment and regression testing for issue fixes, closed, withdrawn, Failed, Deferred, and duplicate in defect section.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Smoke, Regression, end to end and Web Accessibility Testing.
- Performed Section 508 Compliance Testing with Accessibility Life Cycle and Accessibility Best Practices Library.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, ARIA & XML.
- Knowledge and understanding of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software and its Accessibility Tools.
- Provided expert-level knowledge of IT Testing processes and best practices.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), the United States Access Boards' accessibility Guidelines and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.