- Around Seven Years of extensive work experience on AWS, DevOps, configuration and build release management including end - to-end code configuration, automation, building binaries & deployments of artifacts for entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the Java, .NET and Front End and legacy application packages into Different environments like Dev, INT, QA and PROD.
- Extensive Experience using MSBUILD, MAVEN and GRADLE as Build Tools for the building of Deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from Source Code.
- Experience in Working on Source Control tools like Tortoise SVN, BitBucket, GITHUB and GIT.
- Extensively Worked on Hudson and Jenkins for Continuous integration and for End to End automation for all Build and Deployments.
- Experience in design micro services deployment using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Expert in deploying the code through Web Application Servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/JBOSS/DOT NET.
- Design and Implemented Cloud Orchestration solution using Google Cloud, AWS EC2 & Microsoft Azure, Docker and Kubernetes .
- Good understanding of Openshift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Experience in Creating Store procedures and functions in Sql server to import data in to Elastic Search and converting relational data in to documents.
- Experience in building Search engine for Elastic Search.
- Sound knowledge in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Designed highly scalable, distributed applications for Underwriting systems, microservices, spring boot, REST, Docker s, CICD, AWS, Openshift.
- Strong experience on DevOps essential tools like Chef,, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Subversion (SVN), GIT, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven and migrated VMWAREVMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3, Route53, ELB, EBS.
- Worked on AWS for deploying instances consisting of various flavors viz., OEL, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and Solaris in both Linux and Windows .
- For Microservices applications we have integrated Azure ID with Keycloak.
- Azure Availability and Scalability - Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Experience with Cloud automation technologies such as Cloud Formation and Terraform and experienced in using Terraform for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure and manage existing and cloud infrastructure as well as custom in-house solutions.
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Experienced in writing terraform templates that can spin up infrastructure for multi-tier application and provisioned boot strapped software on cloud with terraform.
- Professed in using Kubernetes Helm charts and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Excellent Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management, Change & Release Management
- Strong Knowledge on Source Controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Worked with Architecture and developers to implement the branching strategy to handle parallel releases.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Strong domain knowledge in Retail, Banking, Streaming and Insurance.
- Experience in using Defect tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Proficient in Tracing Complex Builds Problems, Release issues and Environment issues in a Multi-component.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Extensive experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale Java/J2EE Web applications
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing,
- Testing, and implementing and Post-production analysis of the Projects.
- Leading team to perform build/release activities and deployment to production.
- Worked on JBOSS and WebSphere setup which involves JVM setup, Load balancing.
- Working closely with different development teams to understand their requirements and providing solutions.
- Perform Smoke testing in various environments after deployment and troubleshooting issues while testing.
- Perform Daily Deployment of code to development servers and handling production and non-production outages.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, intuitive, and analytical and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, XML, Shell, Python, and HTML5.
Version Control System: Subversion (SVN), GITHUB, GITLAB, BITBUCKET.
Databases: Oracle, MYSQL, SQL server
Build Tools: MDBUILD, Maven, Team City and GRADLE.
Repositories: Nexus, Arti factory
CI Tools: Hudson, Chef, Jenkins, Cloudbees Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX, Sun Solaris 2, RHEL
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere, JBOSS.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Nagios.
AWS: EC2, Elastic Bean stalk, ECS, Cloud formation, VPC, Subnets, IAM Roles and Policies, SQS, SNS, S3, API Gateway, Elastic Cache, Elastic-Search, DynamoDB
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Application Support/ DevOps Engineer
- Working in Jenkins MSBUILD, Maven and Gradle for Build management to automate the software build to support enterprise pipeline CICD across the organization applications like Java, Dot NET, Front End and Legacy applications.
- Involved in writing Jenkins shared libraries using groovy and creating Jenkins global variables which can be used by the application teams.
- Onboarded applications to Enterprise CICD Pipeline with fully end to end automation for all build and deployments as a Standard Enterprise Architecture.
- Working in deploying the code through web application servers like Apache Tomcat, Web logic, Linux and Windows environments.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local clusters and deploying application containers. This was achieved by using helm charts which provided POC for packaging and deploying the applications using Docker File.
- Worked on App Containerization technology Docker, creating Docker images, Containers, Docker Registry to store images, cloud-based registry like Docker Hub, Docker Swarm to manage containers.
- Implemented cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes to manage local deployments in Kubernetes by building a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster using Terraform and Ansible and deploying application containers.
- Written Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Azure Nodes and Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python SDK and Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks
- Migrated various applications like Java, UI, .NET and Node Applications to Enterprise Cloudbees Jenkins.
- Involved in supporting and creating fully automated build and deployment infrastructure using GitHub, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, Udeploy, AWS and Azure.
- Migrated Source Code from SVN to GitHub and Created Organizations in GitHub for various applications teams and Played Active role in CICD Development.
- Maintained and Managed the Admin as a Enterprise CI CD Tools like GitHub, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, Udeploy, AWS and Azure Cloud.
- Hands on Experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage Accounts, Blobs, Log Analytics and Application Insights.
- Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline in different environments such as Dev/QA/Pre-prod and prod with Integrated Quality gates like Fortify, Blackduck, Checkmark, ThreadFix and Code Quality tools as SonarQube.
- Worked on SonarQube and Fortify scans for Code Quality analysis and application security.
- Implemented Roles and Groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and managed network security using security groups and IAM.
- Set up ELB for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Responsible for creating the infrastructure on cloud using AWS CloudFormation templates (IAAS) and hence minimized manual intervention.
- Performed AWS S3 bucket creation, policies on the IAM role-based policies and assigned to cloud instances.
- Installed applications on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on AWS S3 buckets.
- Involved in creating the infrastructure on cloud using AWS CloudFormation templates (IaaS)and Ansible and hence minimized manual intervention.
- Worked with the architecture team to design a new workflow for teams that adopted AWS cloud for their DevOps environment.
- Worked as an AWS Administrator to provide appropriate accesses to the teams working in AWS environment.
- Responsible for launching Amazon EC2 Cloud instances and configured launched instances with respect to specific applications with reusable Ansible Playbooks.
- Worked on Ansible setup, Managing hosts file, using YAML, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible.
Environment: GitHub, SVN, Cloudbees Jenkins, AHP( Anthill Pro), Splunk, Linux, Windows, Confluence, Jira, Rally, JFrog Artifactory, MS Build, Maven, Gradle, AppDynamics, Selenium, Docker, Kubernetes and Service Now, Udeploy, Azure, AWS .
Application Support/ DevOps Engineer
- As a DevOps Engineer, My role Includes Release Management, Environment Management, Continuous Integration(CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Incident Management, version Management.
- Designed, built, and deployed a multitude application utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, R53, S3, RDS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Used Cloud Watch for monitoring the server's ( AWS EC2 Instances) CPU utilization and system memory and configured all best practices methods and met application requirements.
- Using Terraform we can also customize our infrastructure in AWS configuring various AWS resources and Re using modules for deploying EC2 Instances and creating S3 buckets.
- Written Terraform modules for various Services in AWS and Azure and Maintained Terraform modules in BitBucket as SCM towards IaaS (Infrastructure as Code).
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Docker Swarm.
- Supported development team with deployment workflow and continuous integration using BitBucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker and Ansible.
- Hands on experience working on Kubernetes manifest and Deploying Applications and Troubleshooting if any failures.
- Automated installation and deployments of Kubernetes components and applications using Ansible Playbooks.
- Worked on installing and configuring the Kubernetes and Configured Monitoring for Containers using Prometheus.
- Onboarded applications to Containerized environment like Java, Spring API Components, Apache.
- Developed Docker images to support development and testing team and Written Docker files to containerize the web apps.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local clusters and deploying application containers.
- This was achieved by using helm charts which provided POC for packaging and deploying the applications using Docker File.
- Created a Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds out to Docker Hub and then deployed to Kubernetes, created pods and configured Kubernetes Replication controller.
- Worked profoundly on Ansible to write custom templates for configuring the desired inventories and specifying the playbooks written in YAML to execute the jobs on destined nodes.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Webhooks and Slave Machines.
- Working on terraform scripts to create infrastructure in AWS cloud for internal tool in Confidential which is using to create security groups for various applications.
- Working on creating terraform enterprise setup for region isolation for making the easy deployment process.
- Integrate the Atlassian Products such as Bitbucket, Bamboo, and JIRA to establish communication across each other and to make effective usage of the Toolset to obtain a consistent CI/CD automated flow.
- Involve with the senior staff to develop technical solutions and improvements to the traditional process by implementing DevOps approaches and best practices to reduce time consuming manual efforts for across Organization applications.
- Building, managing and administering the software delivery process, systems integration and developer support tools.
- Troubleshooted and resolved Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the Build process.
- Worked as Atlassian Systems Administrator adapting with Jira, Confluence and Jira Agile.
- Worked on Setup configuration for Jira projects, built custom workflows, created additional screens, created new custom fields, created/modified permission schemes to meet the security policy and other administrative tasks such as creation/modifying notifications schemes, roles.
- Migrated Jira Filters, Dashboards, User Groups and Global Entities such as status, Resolutions, Issue Types, Priorities, Issue Link types, Event types.
Environment: Jenkins, Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, Linux, UNIX, Windows, TFS, Azure, AWS, ServiceNow, Chef, Ansible, SonarQube, Docker, Terraform, Azure, JFrog Artifactory.
Confidential, Franklin, WI
pplication Support/ DevOps Engineer
- Analyzing and converting existing deployment scripts to UCD process and Combining similar deployment workflows in to UCD Component templates.
- Configuration management using UCD Component/Application/Environment/Recourse properties.
- Hands on experience in creating pods and managing on the cluster environment on Kubernetes.
- Deployed and Maintained windows phone applications on Azure Cloud technologies.
- Implementation and Integration of Windows Azure Virtual Network with on premise AD and ASP .Net applications.
- Configured and setup Kubernetes Cluster environment with a master and 3 minions.
- Analyzing the windows Azure platform issues and reporting bugs to windows Azure developers .
- Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of Cloud deployment.
- Design and Implement End to End Search service Solution using Elastic Search .
- Design Indexes and Implement the Day 0 Load to Elastic Index from Mongo.
- Design and Implement Sync messages from Mongo to Elastic after Day 0
- Build and produce REST service for custom Search service on Elastic Search .
- Building deployment solutions for .NET, WAS and JBOSS deployments in UCD.
- Created and implemented Ant and Maven build scripts for the Java applications and MS Build for .NET.
- Jenkins was used for implementing automated CI/CD for daily deployments and for creating the end-to-end builds and deployment process.
- Participated in Cloudbees Jenkins POC and Implemented Cloudbees Jenkins in Organization as an Admin Role.
- Installed and Configured the Grafana with GITHUB, Ansible and Others Tools and POC on Grafana.
- Implemented .NET Deployments replacing UCD and using Ansible Tower 3.1.3 as a POC Solution.
- Worked on Ansible Tower Upgrade to 3.0 to 3.1 and Worked on Ansible Tower 3.1 Migration.
- Written Ansible playbooks for Jenkins Installation and Installation via Enterprise Ansible Tower.
- Ansible Tower smart start install, config and/or upgrade including high availability configuration, integration with active directory, importing content from other versions, and creation of role based access controls and Created roles, playbooks, inventory.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Developed the Migration Plan Process for Ansible Tower 3.1 Version
- Installed Latest version of Ansible Tower 3.1.3 as clustering set-up and Configured the complete Ansible Tower 3.1
- Created the Projects, Job templates and Inventory’s in Ansible Tower and Integrated the GITHUB and setting-up complete Pipeline process for application teams.
- Worked with Network team for setting up clustering set-up for Ansible Tower that required
- Created Organizations in Ansible Tower and Added Application teams AD Group to Organizations to run their Jobs in Ansible Tower GUI .
- Worked with RedHat Support to team and Created Tickets for Issues and Bugs Fixes
- Participated in Nexus Migration as admin for Nexus and written the scripts for Migration Process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT, GRADLE and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked with Application teams closely to move Manual Process to Automation Process using GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus and Ansible Tower.
- On boarded more than 20+ application Teams to GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible and UCD.
- Expertise in SDLC Life Cycle, Agile Programming Methodologies and Water Fall Model.
- Used Jenkins to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments. Integrated Subversion (SVN), GITHUB and GITLAB and Ant, GRADLE and MAVEN with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration process.
- Created the branches in Subversion (SVN), GITHUB and GITLAB to implement the parallel development process.
- Managed SVN, GITHUB and GITLAB repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GITHUB, GITLAB and SVN.
- Repositories Deployed built artifacts to Web Logic application server using maven.
- Proposed branching strategies and implemented it. Resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the successful production release and resolved the conflicts during the merge in Subversion.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Part of Environment Management and responsible for setting up environments as per the project requirements and configuring Jenkins Job for Automated deployments, JVM setup, Load Balance Setup, generic ID and Autosys.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life
- Part of Availability Management team and responsible for keeping the environment stable for QA by making sure respective code is moved.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Documentation of detailed build configuration, Build procedures, schedule build calendars and change history for releases.
- Created run books for each application to help the release management team for successful deployments.
- Performed weekly / monthly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
Environment: GitHub, SVN, Cloudbees Jenkins, Team City, Ansible Tower, Splunk, Linux, Windows, Confluence, Jira, Rally, JFrog Artifactory, MS Build, Maven, Gradle, Docker, Udeploy, AWS .