- 12+ Years of strong experience with in - depth knowledge in the installation, configuration and migration of IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.x/8.0x/9.0x, BEA/Oracle WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10x/11x, IBM DataPower, Tomcat Server, IBM HTTP Server, Apache and IIS with the knowledge of operating systems like Linux, AIX and Windows.
- 3+ Years of Amazon Webservices Cloud Support (AWS).
- Excellent working knowledge of operations and production support with large mission critical systems in multiple technologies and platforms
- Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting of cloud-based infrastructure and its solutions. Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and orchestration tools such as Chef and Ansible. Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Autoscaling Groups (ASG), EBS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail. Experienced in creating multiple VPC’s and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC. Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances to the internet through bastion hosts.
- Configured S3 buckets with various life cycle policies to archive the infrequently accessed data to storage classes based on requirement. Possess good knowledge in creating and launching EC2 instances using AMI’s of Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Windows and wrote shell scripts to bootstrap instance. Used IAM for creating roles, users, groups.
- Written Ansible Playbook for installing Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Nginx. Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs. Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch.
- Installation, configuration, and administration of IBM WebSphere Application Server, Oracle WebLogic servers, Redhat JBoss servers, Tomcat servers, Apache Webservers and Providing level-2/3 support to business-critical production environments, leading support calls, identifying and resolving issues quickly.
- Work with application teams on architecture and design, high availability concepts, load balancers, clustering, networking, operating system concepts, databases, continuous integration, and firewalls. Deliver enterprise projects that utilize middleware platforms and ensure the support teams have adequate information and knowledge to maintain the environment.
- Architecting & proposing designs for new projects involving middleware products. Identify opportunities to optimize current solutions and perform technical analysis and provide hands-on technical support, on an as needed basis, to troubleshoot problems related to poorly performing systems in production and other test environments
- Managing Middleware GIT version control repositories, Middleware binaries Nexus Repositories for installation and working on Amazon Webservices for middleware configuration setup. Day to today support automation with Jenkins (Shell/Python scripts). Configuring SSL certificates, securing services with TLS1.2, fixing Vulnerabilities on all MW components. Troubleshooting Out of Memory issues, hung threads issues, performance issues and Performance tuning.
- Providing weekly rotation on call supports for production environments and creating infrastructure documents and operations guides for Level1 support teams. Also, Installation of patches, fix packs and deployment of applications on WebSphere, Tomcat and WebLogic servers.
Operating Systems: Linux, AIX, Windows servers.
Web/Application Servers: IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0/8.5/9.0, Oracle WebLogic /9x/10g/11c, Tomcat Server 6.0/7.0/8.0/9.0 , IBM HTTP Servers, Apache Web server, IBM DataPower, JBoss and MQ.
Scripting: Shell scripting, Python, YMAL.
Cloud Technology: AWS EC2, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, OpsWork, Systems Manager, ECS, Docker, App LB, Cloud Formation.
Monitoring Tools: Wily, AppDynamics.
NexGen DevOps tools: Jenkins Automation, Ansible Playbook, Chef, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, Nexus, ServiceNow.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Middleware Cloud and Integrations Support.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting of cloud-based infrastructure and its solutions.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and orchestration tools such as Chef and Ansible.
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Autoscaling Groups (ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
- Experienced in creating multiple VPC’s and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
- Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances to the internet through bastion hosts.
- Involved in writing Java API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
- Used security groups, network ACL’s, internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Providing technical expertise and support of the Middleware Platform technologies, including WebSphere, Tomcat. IBM DataPower, jboss and Apache HTTP Server.
- Providing level-2/3 support to business-critical production environments, leading support calls, identifying and resolving issues quickly.
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of Administration and Production Support in Application Server for various platforms including issues related to Migration, Deployments, Performance Tuning, Security management, Troubleshooting and Workload Management.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting on Tomcat Application Servers.
- Managing Middleware GIT, Playbooks, Nexus Repositories for installation.
- Day to today support automation with Jenkins (Shell/Python scripts).
- Configuring SSL, securing services with TLS1.2, fixing Vulnerabilities on all MW components.
- Troubleshooting Out of Memory issues, hung threads issues, performance issues and Performance tuning.
- Provided weekly rotation on call supports for production environment.
- Worked on creating infrastructure documents and operations guides for L1 support team.
- Raise PMR and coordinate with IBM support team to resolve the issue and troubleshoot the ongoing problems.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0/9.0 with 1000s of JVMs, Tomcat Server 7.0/8.0, Apache Web server 2.0/2.2, IBM DataPower and IBM MQ servers, Ansible Tower, Jenkins, Nexus, OpenShift, AppDynamics, ServiceNow, GitHub, AIX, Linux Servers.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
Middleware Administrator (Offshore Support)
- Installed, Configured, and Administered IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.x base, WebLogic 10g and 9.2, Network deployment (WAS ND), Deployment on Red Hat Linux platforms, Windows 2008 Advanced Server and Window 2003 Server environments.
- Installed IBM HTTP Server and configured with remote plug-in and configured with Application server in cluster environment.
- Installed fix packs, refresh packs for JDK, JVM the WebSphere application server 7.1 and WebLogic Servers.
- Applying fix packs and feature packs on WebLogic and WebSphere.
- Worked on J2EE Application Deployments, Plug-in Configuration, Data Source Creation, Virtual Host Creation, Session management, & clusters, Deployment Manager Configuration, Network Deployment Configuration in WebLogic and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux and Windows 2003 Server environments.
- Daily work involved executing CRs and resolving Trouble Ticket involving new application installs, upgrades, applying patches, application server installs, resolving outages adherent to the corporate procedures, policies and escalation levels set forth for the eBusiness team.
- Performed heap dumps and thread dumps and analyzed using heap and thread analyzers to find out the bottleneck of the application server hung and out of memory exceptions.
- Performance tuning in WebSphere portal and application server using Tivoli performance viewer and Wily Introscope.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application servers 6/7/8, Oracle Weblogic servers 10g/11g, Weblogic SOA, MQ servers, Tomcat, Apache Webservers, Windows, Linux servers, Remedy.
- Expertise in WebSphere and WebLogic Application Server Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Deploying applications.
- Configured application and various resources with WebSphere Application Server 6.x./7.x
- Applied all the latest fix packs to WebSphere Application Server and JDK’s.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling and tuning it
- Installed SSL cert. and configured mutual SSL.
- Deployed the applications to all environments from Dev to Production.
- Experience on working with IBM in resolving issues and opening up a PMR’s.
- Worked with scripting languages like JACL and Python in creating and modifying the scripts for the WAS environment and for administration.
- Leads second level technical production support for the organization's online products and services to ensure maximum performance, availability and security.
- Worked on documentation and creating workbooks required for supporting the environment.
Environment: IBM WebSphere servers, BEA WebLogic servers, Tomcat, Apache Webservers, Windows, Linux servers.