- With 3 years of Experience in DevOps Methodologies in Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Ansible, CI/CD Pipelines, Jenkins, Gitlab Admin, New Relic
- Integrated Build Process through Jenkins to GitHub. Built CI/CD pipelines, automating, building, deploying, and releasing.
- Strong Experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including VPC, EC2, ELB, S3, and EBS, ROUTE 53.
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, and Docker. Worked on Apache writing python application to convert txt, xls files and parse.
- Experience in creating the company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS) servers along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge on SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture and Implementation using AWS, OpenStack, OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry(PCF).
- Migrated On - premises applications to Cloud and Cloud orchestration using Terraform, CloudFormation.
- Worked in QA, DEV, PRE-PROD, PROD and UAT environments for various releases with designed strategies.
- Installed and configured AEM 6.0 instance and developed Templates, Components, Dialogs, Widgets which are the building blocks for a page.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web end application servers like WebLogic, and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in provision of automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform and Ansible, in addition to deployment tools like SVN, GIT, PVCS, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Perforce, Cruise Control, Jenkins, and Bamboo.
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS cloud Formation Templates, Chef, Puppet.
- Good understanding of DockercontainerizationTool.
- Experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Subversion and GIT.
- Experience in developing deployment workflows including prerelease, release and post-release steps inNolio.
- Automating Deployment of Servers on ESXI and Cloud.
- Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean methodologies of software development and Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Dealt with Linux utilities, KICKSTART, SSH, FTP Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, LAMP stack, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Worked with different Bug & Log Tracking Tools like Splunk New Relic, Jira, Confluence.
- Hands on experience on design, developing, maintaining, releasing native Mobile apps using Objective C, Swift and published builds to App Store & Play Stores.
- Used Redshift to manage the data warehouse and to run SQL queries in Exabyte of unstructured data in Amazon S3. Redshift to analyze, visualize real time data and to perform data analytics.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
- Proven ability in automation using ANT, PERL scripts, Shell Scripting in a continuous build environment.
- Expert in managing Sonatype Nexus/Artifactory repositories for the maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Responsible for writing Manifests to configure nodes and Using Bitbucket.
- Strong understanding of JAVA project structures along with SoapUI.
Cloud Environments: Amazon Web Services(AWS), OpenStack, PCF, Open Shift
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Chef Automate
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker swarm, Docker weave, Openshift
Virtualization: VMWare ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Virtual box, Vagrant
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS), Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT 2000/2003
Automation Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Terraform, CloudFormation
Web Servers: Apache HTTP 2.x, 3.x, Nginx, IIS, Apache Tomcat
Database: AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL, MS SQL SERVER 2008/12
Scripting languages: Python, Ruby, Bash shell, Power shell, JSON
Networking/Protocol: DNS, DHCP, WAN, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, SMTP, LAN, FTP
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN, TFS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios XI, Zabbix, AppDynamics, Splunk, SumoLogic, Cloud Watch, ELK, New Relics
Volume Manager: LVM, VVM
Application Servers: Oracle Web Logic (8/9/10), IBM Web Sphere (4/5), JBOSS
Confidential - Schaumburg, IL
Sr. DevOps /SCM Engineer
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to discuss code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Build, managed, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Implemented continuous integration automated build pipelines using Jenkins.
- Created automation tool using Anthillpro of daily weekly quarterly admin activities, build, patch and package tasks using AnthillPro.
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code.
- Involved in migration of Bamboo server, Artifactory & Git server.
- Responsible for writing Hooks and Triggers using Perl. Built Java application using ANT.
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Build Java code and .NET code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Managed and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using C++ and Java, writing Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts on UNIX.
- Involved in Customization of WorkItems, Transition Matrix in TFS.
- Organized a daily stand-up post-deployment meeting to review all issues being tracked. Ensure every issue has an owner and that it is resolved while capturing the specific details about the issue, resolution and which organizations and individuals provided the resolution.
- Documented all post-deployment issues in a log and assist in resolving these issues where applicable, maintaining timely updates within the log. Manual and Automation process of creating branches tags and code merging.
- Ensured all steps are successfully completed and document their completion times and issue logs.
Environment: Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, Subversion, Perforce, Hudson, Jira, Bamboo, GIT,(WAS), Web services, Web Logic, Puppet, Mco, Test Director, Mercury, Quality center, Visual Build, .Net, ANT, TFS 2008/2010(Team Foundation Server), Jenkins, J2EE, Web sphere.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Experience in strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud services which include EC2, EBS, S3, S3 Glacier, Storage Gateway, VPC, Route 53, Snowball, Direct connect, Storage Gateway, CloudFormation, Dynamo DB, RDS, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, OpsWorks, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, Kinesis, Redshift, Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, SES.
- Managed IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, design and refine the workflows used to grant access.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration. Converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Build and deployed the .NET applications on the IIS servers .
- Implemented ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Experience in using Nexus Artifactory Repository Managers for ANT, Maven and Gradle Builds .
- Expert in automation using .Net, PowerShell and Bash .
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC , subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Created Log collection in ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) installed File Beat on all nodes in cluster to send log data to Logstash. Applied filters on log data before sending to Elastic Search.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 instances using Terraform and Cloud Formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform
- Created Chef Automation tools and builds and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Launched Compute(EC2) and DB(Aurora, Cassandra) instances from Amazon Management Console and CLI
- Developed build scripts using MAVEN as the build tool for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Automated all Builds using Jenkins.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system.
- Developed Cookbooks and recipes for automating deployments using Chef.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GITHub, Bit Bucket .
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Hudson .
- Configuring and deploying OpenStack Enterprise master hosts and OpenStack node hosts.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nix and Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss .
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Deployed mircoservices, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and also configuration automation using Docker containers .
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes , creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Experienced in setting up MongoDB, MySQL, SQL, Aurora on AWS
- Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA, Bugzilla and Remedy .
Environment: OpenStack, SVN, GIT, ANT, AWS, Maven, Jenkins, Agile, Jira, Kubernetes, Docker, ELK, Nexus, Apache Tomcat, Mongo DB, MYSQL, NO SQL, Chef.
Confidential, Newark, DE
DevOps Engineer/ AWS Cloud Services
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EMR, EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC. Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions. Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it. Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Support and provide best SCRUM practices to teams using agile methodologies. Demonstrate, observe and support SCRUM ceremonies. Enforced SQL injection techniques to avoid unauthorized breaks to the data access. Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins
- Developed data conversion procedures in PL/SQL Involved in maintaining batch processing PL/SQL procedures for data extraction for feed creation.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN/GIT and use ant/maven to build war/jar artifacts
- Used MySQL, Dynamo DB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system. Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Developed new API endpoints and features using Java, Drop wizard, and Couch base. Wrote unit tests, integration tests, and performance tests using Mockito, JUnit, and Gatling
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection(VPC).
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, VDI, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, GIT.
- Setup Maven Remote Internal Secure Repository with access restricted to team members.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef .
- Responsible for Building and configuring Redhat Enterprise Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Deployed MySQL queries for database update and maintained the MySQL server issues.
- Experience in Creating and managing users and groups accounts, passwords, permissions, logging, disk space usage and processes via Disk Quota, PAM Limits, ACL s, LDAP .
- Responsible for patches for the operating system, building startup shell scripts, managing the automation of CRON jobs and managing file systems.
- Configuration and administration of DNS , Web , Mail , DHCP and FTP Servers . Managed users and groups on a large scale in NIS and LDAP environments.
- Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and WebLogic application server. Supported developers for Java based Web Applications.
- Developed Chef Recipes in Ruby to configure, deploy and maintain software components of existing infrastructure to cloud and bootstrapped chef client nodes.
- Deployed Chef Recipes , automation tools and Builds, and did an overall process improvement to any manual processes. Evaluated Chef Recipes with the concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Installed and configured Puppet Enterprise with Puppet DB for configuration management of existing infrastructure.
- Developed Puppet modules and manifests to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters. Wrote puppet manifests for configuration management and deploy .Net and Java applications.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins master and slave configuration. Configured security to Jenkins and added multiple nodes for continuous deployments.
- Configured the users accounts for continuous integration and created Upstream and Downstream jobs using build Pipeline in Jenkins . Configured SVN with Jenkins and scheduled periodic builds.
- Installed and configured Jenkins and created parameterized jobs to kick off builds for different environments. Managed the team's source repository through SVN and continuous integration system using Jenkins .
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Arifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project Jenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Designed an ELK (Elastic Logstash Kibana) system to monitor and search enterprise alerts and configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWS S3
- Managed a private SVN version controlling server for developer teams to commit code.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Nagios , updated monitoring parameter with active and passive check and monitored network devices and reviewed network logs to identify potential problems.
- Developed Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
Environment: Chef, Ruby, Puppet, IAC, TDD, RedHat Enterprise Linux, ELK, Jenkins, SVN, Nagios, ANT, MAVEN, JAVA, J2EE, MySQL, Oracle WebLogic, LDAP, ACL, NIS, DNS, DHCP, FTP.