- Around 12 years of experience in IT industry comprising as a AWS, Azure, GCP Cloud DevOps Engineer, Kubernetes, OpenShift Administration/ Site Reliability Engineer in Design, Implement, Cloud Migration, DevOps, System Administration, Configuration Management, DevOps, CI/CD, infra automation, CI, Delivery and CD pipeline of high traffic large scale distributed systems of On - Premise, Hybrid Cloud kuberand distributed applications.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in various distribution of LINUX and Windows alongside using DevOps tools suites like Subversion (SVN), GIT, CVS, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Udeploy, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Nexus, Artifactory, Nagios, AppDynamics and Splunk in traditional environments, as well as cloud environment like AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Experience on Implementing Terraform and Cloud formation templates as Infrastructure as a Code for GCP, Azure and AWS Public Cloud solutions for various use cases.
- Expertise in AWS, implementing new AWS Cloud platform and its services: EC2,Elastic Container Service, EKS(Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service), Code Commit, Code Build, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, S3,Glacier, RDS, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, AWS Auto Scaling, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, Security Groups, Simple Notification Service, Simple Queue Service and IAM.
- Expertise with enterprise cloud solutions like Platform-as-a-Service (OpenShift by Red Hat), containers, Kubernetes, cloud management (Red Hat CloudForms), and IT automation (Ansible by Red Hat).
- Expertise in designing build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build & Release Management with Continuous Integration (CI) Continuous Deployment/Delivery, Source Code repository & Environment management, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as Dynamo, MySQL, HBase, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Cassandra
- Highly skilled at supporting web and application servers (Apache, Nginx, NodeJS, JBoss, Tomcat) and Hands-on experience with installing and managing MySQL and MongoDB servers.
- Installed and managed Middleware tools through Chef, Ansible Puppet such as WebSphere Application Server 7.x/8.x, JBOSS GA7/EAP6, IBM IHS, Apache, Nginx and Tomcat.
- Expertise in supporting enterprise based distributed applications over a wide range of production environments on a 24/7 on-call rotation basis for high volume, secure transactions and Web services.
Cloud Platform: AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP and OpenStack.
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS, SUSE, Debian
Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo and TeamCity.
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet and SaltStack.
Build & integration Tools: MAVEN, ANT, Gradle
Virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V, Vagrant, vCenter and vSphere.
Languages/Scripts: Python, Shell, Bash, Ruby, YAML, PHP and Perl.
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker swarm, OpenShift, Mesos, EKS, AKS, GKS.
Web/App Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere, WebLogic.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GIT HUB, TFS, Subversion (SVN), Bit Bucket.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK, Kibana, New Relic.
Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgre SQL, SQL Server, No SQL.
Bug/Issue Tracking: JIRA, Rally, Fisheye, Remedy, ServiceNow
Lead Cloud and DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Extensive Knowledge and hands-on experience implementing PaaS, IaaS, SaaS style delivery models inside the Enterprise (Data center) and in Public Clouds using like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and Kubernetes etc.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, RedHat OpenShift, K8s Infrastructure design, deployment, and operational support.
- Proficiency in strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, IAM, Storage Gateway, S3, Glacier, AWS Auto Scaling in launching EC2 instances, EBS, AWS Lambda, EKS, Elastic Beanstalk, CodeCommit, CloudTrail, OpsWorks, CloudFront, Route 53, EMR, Amazon Redshift, Direct Connect, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, ELB, ElasticCache, AWS EMR Cluster Configuration.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures.
- Experience with Kubernetes and OpenShift to manage the containerized applications, creating and deploying application containers.
- Planned the architecture for migrating applications from bare metal and AWS to OpenShift. I have done few Upgrades and scaled OpenShift environment.
- Created private Cloud using Kubernetes that supports Dev, Stage, POC and PROD Environments.
- Experience in deploying services into PAAS environments OpenShift & PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry).
- Managed local Deployments in Kubernetes using OpenShift platform, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Used Docker and OpenShift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- I played a key role in building Docker images, create build and deployment configurations to deploy applications on OpenShift.
- Developed Ansible playbooks to do automated recovery process upon the failure of OpenShift MASTER.
- In OpenShift, Managed Kubernetes containerized applications across a set of containers or hosts and provides mechanisms for deployment, maintenance, and application-scaling. Docker packages, instantiates, and runs containerized applications.
- The User API’s authenticated using OpenShift and Kubernetes and authorized them based on their role and authenticated for both developers and administrators.
- Cloudbees 2.0 Multibranch CICD Pipeline implementation with Groovy shared library and DevOps Tools like git, JIRA, Maven, Nexus, Sonar and Slack integration for Server less, Micro services, Monolithic applications on AWS and Azure.
- Deployed application which is containerized using Docker onto a Kubernetes cluster which is managed by Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS). Configured ‘Kubectl’ to interact with Kubernetes infrastructure and used AWS Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) to launch a cluster of worker nodes on Amazon EC2 instances.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code provisioning (Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM) and configuration (Ansible, Chef).
- Hands on Automation experience and experience building deployment pipelines and managing configurations.
- Experience administering Java-based application servers, tomcat,weblogic,RedHat Jboss and IBM WebSphere.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Nexus and Jenkins Pipeline (Groovy).
- Experience with application monitoring tools such as SolarWinds Orion, AppDynamics, and Splunk.
- Working knowledge of networking topics such as protocols, load balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Performs on-call activities as needed for the environment, technologies, and Managing cloud infrastructure with 24x7 production operations.
- Managing environments DEV, QA, UAT, Stage and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies with a positive attitude.
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in various distribution of UNIX flavors (Linux, Ubuntu and SUSE) alongside using DevOps tools suites like Subversion (SVN), GIT, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Nexus, Artifactory, Nagios and Splunk in traditional environments, as well as cloud environment like AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience working with RedHat OpenShift Infrastructure design, deployment, and operational support.
- Experience working Linux Containers Docker, Kubernetes and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automate system operations, to deploy applications on Dev, QA, UAT, Stage, production environment and to configure hosted Instances within AWS/VM’s.
- Experience administering Java-based application servers like Jboss, Tomcat and IBM WebSphere.
- Used container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Kubernetes in AWS with EKS.
- Kubernetes using Helm, Kubernetes using terraform.
- Extensively working on Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Working on log and application monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace and Splunk.
- 24 * 7 support on priority issues such as P1 and P2, troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
- Working on Issue Tracking tools JIRA, ServiceNow and HP Quality Center.
- Documenting application cookbooks, on call guide for support, Root cause analysis for the issues and involved the postmortem calls after P1/P2 critical issues for discussing the review, impact and RCA.
- Building the scripts for day to day pro-actively monitoring the infrastructure and applications.
- Working on SQL, Oracle, Casandra, RDS and NoSQL database DynamoDB to process large data documents.
- Working on infrastructure and applications migration, upgrades, maintains activities.
- Working on networking topics such as protocols, load balancers, firewalls, security etc.
- Managing an environments DEV, QA, UAT, Stage and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Lead the effort from the Cloud/Infrastructure team in setting up infrastructure for different environments (like Dev, QA, Pre-prod and Production) that meet up the requirements, on metal and AWS cloud (EC2 and VPC), Proof-of-Concept on VPC. (Subnets, DHCP Option sets etc)
- The project consists of setting up the AWS Landing Zone, migrating on premises applications, on-boarding new workload into the AWS. Developed an AWS reference architecture for GxP regulated systems
- Followed the AWS Well-Architected Framework to build a secure, scalable, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure of applications
- Successfully ported on-premises applications to AWS, Landing Zone, and achieved significant increase in availability and cost savings.
- Evaluated vendors’ products and assisted with security assessments and qualification of new applications and products.
- Developed and maintained automated CI/CD pipeline for code deployment using Packer, Ansible, Bash, Python, PowerShell Scripts for automation - CodeCommit, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation.
- Worked on migrating CDF webapp from on-prem to APC by converting components from VMs to MicroServices.
- Created Config maps for supporting manifests to externalize data. This is the simplification done to ease the modification of characteristics in the future.
- Written scripts for auto-scaling of pods with respect to CPU utilization. Auto-scaling is done for both ways - to scale up during increase in traffic and scale down during decrease in traffic.
- Built pipelines in RIO (CI/CD) tool to continuously integrate the code changes and to deploy the pods.
- Written bash scripts to auto-scale pods in a smart manner.
- Worked on JAMF containerized application deployment in APC kubernetes.
- Created smart HPA for kubernetes application and configured it for workloads.
- Involved in MOD VM’s automation for deployment and testing.
- Used RIO to deploy the kubernetes workloads to APC Kubernetes.
- Developed a script in python to automate the enrollment of onpermises VMs in web application.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash, python scripts.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product
- Configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
DevOps Automation Engineer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Responsible for using AWS Console and AWS CLI for deploying and operating AWS services
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 instances using Terraform and Cloud Formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Experienced in working with amazon web services environment and possessed a good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, cloud watch, elastic load balancers, route 53.
- Problem Management/Change Management/Incident Management and performed RCA on recurring issues.
- Managed IAAS, PAAS and SAAS Services in AZURE/AWS/GCP.
- Experienced working with Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build Artifacts on the source code, Extreme Programming practices.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Experienced working on DevOps Automation tools like Ansible, TerraForm, Puppet, VMware VRA.
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS
- Worked on deployment in an OpenShift controller based on a user-defined template called a deployment configuration.
- Worked with MongoDB to grant access to data and commands through role-based authorization and provide built-in roles.
- Worked on Network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Hands-on work experience with implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, LDAP, VPN, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Experienced in developing, deploying and monitoring in building large distributed and parallel systems using container technology including Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, Fargate.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, DataBags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Worked in GIT implementation containing various Remote repositories for a single application.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins to manage weekly Build.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, CI/CD, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Used Chef to manage configuration on connected server. Developed CloudFormation script to automate the EC2 instances with JSON templates.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and ElastiCache to perform basic database administration.
- Setting alerts on instances using CloudWatch and using auto launch configurations for better performances
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment.