- 10+ years of IT experience as Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Build & Release Engineer, Linux Administrator in SCM, Build/Release Management with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and Automation of infrastructure including end - to-end code configuration using different tools, and cloud services like AWS, Azure, OpenStack, and PCF.
- I am an AWS Certified Developer with experience in solution architecting applications and running them in the cloud and experience in network and security design for applications in the cloud. Also done extensive automation using cloud APIs and SDK’s to create infrastructure programmatically in the cloud.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management in Agile, waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud services which include EC2, EBS, S3, S3 Glacier, Storage Gateway, VPC, Route 53, RDS, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, OpsWorks, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, RedShift, Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, Dynamo DB, SES.
- Experience in Azure IaaS, PaaS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps and creating Web-Jobs, Azure Cosmos DB, Active Directory, Azure Windows server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in Designing and implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions across a range of cloud models like SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and integrated on-premise, on-demand workloads with the Azure public cloud.
- Expertise in migrating on-premise infrastructure to cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, OpenStack, PCF.
- Expertise in PCF architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components, and developing global/multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale developments/deployments on Cloud Foundry.
- Deploying Application in Elastic Beanstalk and Orchestration of numerous services suing Elastic Beanstalk.
- Using Quickbuild to build and deploy Guidewire Applications and other Services
- Expertise in deep development/enhancement of OpenStack components such as Nova, neutron, designate, Cinder, Swift, Image, Horizon & Identity, and Ceilometer.
- Experience in creating builds, Staging, and deploying Software Content across multiple environments (DEV, QA, Demo, Test, Staging, UAT, and Prod).
- Experience with setting up Chef Infrastructure, bootstrapping nodes, creating, and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Experience in Custom integration, plugins dev for different tools around CI/CD like Jenkins, Artifactory using API and other techniques.
- Experience in Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using YAML linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible and Ansible Playbooks to automate in AWS services like Launching EC2, Provisioning IAM, Configuring VPC, EBS, Monitoring using CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
- Experience in container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos and OpenShift along with the development of Microservices architecture using Spring Boot including distributed SSO Authentication and Authorization, Distributed Session Management with REST, JSON, or similar protocols.
- Experience in deploying some critical applications using docker images and Docker containers and use Kubernetes to deploy scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name ids.
- Experience in using Chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation, release automation and deployment automation, Configure files, commands, and packages.
- Experience in setting up Puppet Master, Puppet Agents for managing enterprise policies and configurations.
- Experience in JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to build and Release.
- Experience in working with continuous integration tools like Jenkins and Bamboo for end-to-end automation of various build and deployments.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, SVN, and similar tools.
- Provided end to end solution support for Onshore Guidewire - Infrastructure as a Service ( IaaS) / Software as a Service ( SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) - dev/prod platform.
- Experience in using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk, ELK.
- Experience in designing and implementing Cloud Automation and orchestration framework in private/public cloud environments involving AWS APIs, OpenStack, VMware, Chef, Puppet, Python, Ruby, Azure APIs, and Workflow Engine.
- Experience in Developing automation code using Ops code Chef and Python to build Azure and AWS environments autonomously.
- Expertise in Working with web servers such as Apache HTTP server, NGINX, Apache TOMCAT, application servers such as Oracle WebLogic 9.x/10.x, IBM WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBoss 4.1 and databases like Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra.
- Experience in writing XML, Ant scripts, shell scripts, Perl scripts, Java scripts, Python, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, Kitchen scripts to automate the deployments.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like TCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, NIS, NIS+, OSPF, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH, and SAMBA.
- Expertise in Linux/UNIX system builds, administration, Installations, Upgrades, Troubleshooting on different distributions such as Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x2.
- Expertise in dealing with Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, auto fs, Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, PCF
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
CI /CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Build Tools: Maven, ANT
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, Prometheus, New Relic
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, DB2, MySQL, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
Application/Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, NGINX, IIS, JBoss4.1, WebSphere, Web Logic 9.x/10.x, Gerrit
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris
Virtualization Platforms: Oracle VirtualBox, VMware Workstation, Vagrant, VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.X, ESX /3.x, Hyper-V
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear Quest, Mingle
Confidential, HOUSTON, TX
Sr. DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Work on troubleshooting various Linux server and network support issues using log files and tools like ping, telnet, trace and traceroute for application teams.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure using resources VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, IAM, EBS, Route53, SNS, SES, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Security Group, Autoscaling, and RDS using CloudFormation templates.
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAMs and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Write Lambda functions in python for AWS Lambda and invoked python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams.
- Write Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Create all the required compatibility architectures and end-to-end migration plan for migrating 3500 Linux/Windows servers and 1500 applications into the AWS cloud.
- Design, deploy, and operate OpenStack and SDN based IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS service platform network in multiple datacenters and Deployed a various version of OpenStack like Icehouse, Kilo, Newton in Datacenter on multitrack with High Availability.
- Build AWS environment and developed infrastructure and maintaining Ansible playbooks for production rollout.
- Work on Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure. Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, Bare Metal Servers, and Docker containers.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Development servers.
- Configure EC2 instances by writing Terraform templates, Ansible Playbooks, recipes and pushed them on to server.
- Integrate AWS with other systems like Jenkins, Ansible and HP service Manager to develop CI/CD pipelines for automating Prod deployments using REST APIs.
- Work on Ansible where in wrote code on workstations using Knife to interact with server.
- Integrate Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Webhooks and Slave Machines.
- Developed and implemented automated CI/CD pipeline utilizing Docker for a micro service-based application.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Developed custom OpenShift templates to deploy the applications and to create the OpenShift objects build, deployment configs, services, routes, and persistent volumes.
- Troubleshoot OpenShift containers for related issues like crash loop back off, pod restarts, out of memory issues and lack of CPU.
- Assisted in writing business rules and other business logics in GScript (Guidewire-specific scripting language)
- Automated Java Builds with Maven and Implemented multiple plugins for Code analysis, Junit, Code coverage, PMD, SonarQube, etc. Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven.
- Upgraded various CI/CD tools like Jenkins/JIRA using SDLC process and supported upgrading the software patches and worked with the vendor for any issues to completion.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the GIT SCM during the day and periodically scheduled builds overnight to support development.
- Automated MySQL container deployment in Docker and monitoring of these containers and Configured, monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java oand Docker on familiar servers such as Apache.
- Crate, Manage and configure EC2 instances, AMIs and Elastic Bean templates.
- Used log aggregation tools like ELK configuration and administration for monitoring AWS EC2 instances.
- Build and deploy Java code through Jenkins and Code coverage analysis using SonarQube. Run quality checks using SonarQube & upload it to Nexus repository.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Used Python, to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers.
- Worked on Python scripting to deploy the applications using Ansible across Linux servers.
- Configured commercial SSL certificates for Applications Servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat using NGINX and Apache web servers to terminate SSL endpoint.
Environment: Linux, Bash, Python, AWS, ELK, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Kubernetes, Maven, Nagios, SonarQube, DynamoDB, Cassandra, WebSphere 8.x, WebLogic 10.x/12.x, Tomcat 8.5.x, Nginx.
Confidential, NEW JERSEY
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, cloud watch, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS cloud watch.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS S3 data upload/download and control instance operations with AWS API .
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Design, install, administer, and optimize hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity (i.e. Azure AD, ADFS, SSO & VPN Gateways).
- Experience in creating IAM policies for administration in AWS to assist type applications and teams across local geographical and remote areas.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Development servers.
- Used the Ansible Galaxy, a shared repository for the roles to download, share and manage the roles.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment.
- Extensively worked on Ansible to configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds.
- Worked with Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Automate the installation of ELK agent (file beat) with Ansible playbook.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker.
- Created a Swarm using Docker CLI to deploy the services to a Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior.
- Integrated Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Developing build using MAVEN as build tool and using Jenkins to kick off the builds to move from one environment to other environments.
- Trained on Guidewire Claimcenter 7.0 platform in configuration and integration.
- Experience in Continuous Delivery framework in Linux environment using Chef, Maven, Jenkins & Nexus.
- Experience in performing operational routines using MongoDB. Also performed backups, security measures and restored backups using MongoDB.
- Created and maintained user accounts, roles on Jira, MySQL, production and staging servers.
- Experience in WebLogic 9.x/10.x to implement zero downtime deployment using python and bash/shell script and used Jenkins to automate it.
- Developed Perl & Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Developed automation scripting in Python to deploy some applications.
- Wrote Python code for manufacturing quality, monitoring, logging, and debugging code optimization.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Working with Python ORM Libraries to create Web applications.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Worked using vSphere where in experienced with VSAN for storage and NSX for network virtualization.
- Involved in the installation and configuration of VMware Syslog Collector for ESXi servers for centralized log management.
- Created and maintained VMware host clusters for High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduling (DRS) and Distributed Power Management (DPM).
Environment: Shell, Python, Linux, AWS, Load Balancers, LDAP, Jira, QMetry, MySQL, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Virtualization, Kubernetes, Jira, Ansible, Redis, Configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server 2.4, Apache Tomcat 7.x, WebLogic 9.x/10.x,Nginx
Confidential, CHICAGO, IL
- Built and configured a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables and Elastic Load Balancer.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables, EBS volumes, to set alarms for notifications or automated actions, and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Administered security and configured user access and limits using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) by creating new profiles and policies for user management in JSON.
- Planned and configured network infrastructure within the VPC with public and private subnets and configured routing tables and internet gateway, Security Groups in AWS.
- Configured “Guidewire” tomcat application server in development, QA and HLE environments.
- Wrote Terraform scripts to automate AWS services which include Web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, Database, EC2, database security groups and S3 bucket.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Wrote automation scripts for creating resources in OpenStack Cloud using Python and terraform modules. Created and managed Cinder volumes in OpenStack Cloud.
- Managed all cloud and on-premises environments at once under the Chef umbrella, including servers running the Windows, Linux, IBM AIX, and Solaris operating systems.
- Maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within AWS and involved in Knife and Chef Bootstrap process, converted production support scripts to chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using chef recipes.
- Deployed and managed many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud-oriented providers (AWS) with the Chef Platform and written cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize & optimize project configuration.
- Created Ansible Playbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Used Ansible Tower to streamline the applications delivery and services to AWS in a cost-effective, Simple and Secure manner.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Integrated Ansible with Jenkins to provide automation, continuous integration through Jenkins and Implemented Jenkins Workflow and Plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts and services to Docker.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to Cloud. Worked on all major components of Docker like Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm.
- Extensively used Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Used MAVEN as a build tool for Java projects and written Maven POM files from scratch for multi-module projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 instances using Terraform and Cloud Formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Designed an ELK (Elastic Logstash Kibana) system to monitor and search enterprise alerts and configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWS S3. Terminated SSL on to Nginx to remove overhead on API servers.
- Automated Datadog Dashboards with the stack through Terraform Scripts and assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production quality dashboards.
- Developed Perl, PowerShell, Shell scripts, used Maven scripts to build the source code.
Environment: AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Elastic search, Lambda, API Gateway, Route 53 (DNS), ECS, Cloud Formation, RDS, Dynamo DB, Load Balancers, CloudWatch, SNS, SES, SQS, IAM, RedShift, Ops Works), Maven, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Jenkins, GIT, Python, Datadog, Jira.
- Administered Bamboo servers which include install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating plans, installing the local/remote agent, adding capabilities, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues, and maintenance.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with the Artifactory repository and Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Developed and implemented build and deployment process using Bamboo in various environments such as QA, UAT, PROD using Bamboo.
- Used Puppet for creating scripts, deployments for servers, and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Experienced with tools such as Splunk, Kibana, AppDynamic, Cavission, Nagios, Guidewire, Docker, IBM Softlayer, IBM MFP, Hockey App.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Developed the scripts to push patches, files and maintain configuration drift through the Puppet tool.
- Designed and scripting using ANT for J2EE, Web Services, Reusable JARS, Web Client and Open Source in creating Master build.xml build Properties & pom.xml files and provided technical support to the development team for compilation problems.
- Initiated responsibility for administering the SVN servers which included install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating repository/branches, merging, writing hooks scripts, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues, and maintenance. Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both SVN and GIT.
- Integrated JIRA with SVN and created automated release notes using Perl Scripts.
- Wrote, maintained, and documented modules, manifests, Git repositories for Puppet enterprise on RHEL and Windows platforms.
- Involved in troubleshooting the automation of installing and configuring Java applications in the test and production environments.
- Reviewed existing manual Software builds, developed scripts to automate repeated tasks that are more susceptible to errors and risk using Perl and Shell Scripting.
- Administered Nexus server which includes installing, upgrade, maintenance of repositories, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues, and maintenance.
- Used Bugzilla for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Development of Scheduled tasks and UNIX scripts and Perl to maintain and automate the Build process.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise prod, QA, and UAT/staging.
Environment: Perl, Shell, SVN, GIT, ANT, Bamboo, Jira, Bugzilla, Puppet, RHEL, Windows, Nexus.