- Over 6+ of experience as a QA Automation Engineer - SDET, extensively worked on Manual, Automation, DevOps Testing of Web Client Server, Cloud (AWS), API, Webservices applications.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Web and Client/Server environments.
- Experienced in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases from Use case documents and Systems requirement document and design documents
- Extensive knowledge of QA methodology, standards and procedures such as creating and executing test plans and test scripts generation.
- Expertise in Manual and Automation Testing of Client/Server, Web-based and Cloud (AWS) applications.
- Expertise in understanding Business Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications and Design documentations and converting them into Test Scenarios.
- Applied Agile Test Practices SCRUM, Scripted Test Cases for Test Driven Development TDD and developed test cases for story card based on Acceptance Test Driven Development ATDD
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile Projects, worked very closely with Product owners in Agile and attended different ceremonies like Sprint Planning meeting, Scrum, Backlog grooming, Sprint Review and Retrospective
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, TestNG, Appium, Protractor, Jasmine, Maven, ANT and Jenkins.
- Experience of Creating, Modifying and Maintaining new and existing Automation Framework Models (BDD/TDD/ATDD, Hybrid, Keyword and Data Driven Frameworks).
- Experience in installation and Administration of version control systems like GIT (Distributed Version Control), GitHub, SVN Version Control.
- Automated AnglarJS applications using Protractor, Jasmine (spec, config files)
- Working with Unit Test Frameworks like TestNG, Junit, and Jasmine.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various tools like SOAP UI/Ready API and selenium.
- Automated Webservices by writing Groovy scripts and used assertions for data validation and performed data driven for validating different endpoints.
- Worked with Eclipse, Jxl, Apache POI, Log 4J, ANT, HTTP client and Maven.
- Experienced using tools like Fire Path, Firebug, and UI Automator Viewer for finding elements locator and good knowledge in writing the absolute and relative XPATHS manually on need basis.
- Validated Technical requirements definitions and project estimation/sizing documents.
- Proficient in Manual Testing and in Automated Testing: Selenium IDE, WebDriver (Java), JIRA, Rally, HP ALM Quality Center
- Experienced in Selenium IDE, WebDriver (Java).
- Experience in Quality Assurance testing of data warehousing and Business Intelligence processes, Web Based and Client/Server applications.
- Excellent analytical skills for understanding the business requirements, business rules/processes, and detailed design of the application.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC, QTP, Appium, JUnit, TestNG, Firebug, Fire Path, Load Runner, JMeter.
Defect Tracking Tools: HP /Quality Center, JIRA
Build Tools: ANT, Maven.
Languages: Java, SQL, C#, C++, Python, VB.net, ASP.Net, .Net.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, GitHub
Cross Browser Platform: AWS, SauceLab and Selenium GRID
Methodology: SDLC, Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, STLC
RDBMS: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, TOAD, SQL PLUS, SQL Developer, MS - Access
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OS, UNIX and Linux, Android.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and developers.
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and Key- Word driven framework.
- Worked on Guidewire’s Data hub and Info center solutions for Commercial Lines Transformation.
- Worked on an End to End Guidewire Datahub/Info center implementation of Policy center for Business Owners Property.
- Worked on Guidewire Policy Center to Datahub Data Conversion Effort for Business owners.
- Created automation test scripts using data Driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA and maven.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel to save time.
- As an Agile Test Lead was responsible for following Acceptance Test Driven Development ATDD Process. Analyzing, estimating and sizing the User Stories which will help Product Owners to prioritize the Story Cards. Developing the software solution and writing code using Pair Programming and Test-Driven Development TDD process.
- Conducted and Participate in 3-Amigo Process where Business Analysts, Developers and Testers discuss analyze existing Acceptance Scenarios. writing new Acceptance Scenarios if required. Facilitated Show and Tell Sessions, show-casing the business the functionality implemented taking stakeholder's feedback.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium Grid for different platforms like desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Performed Cross browser testing and Parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Expertise in grouping of Test suites, Test cases and Test Methods for Regression and Functional Testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Utilized Maven to Manage dependencies for Test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped Test cases to Run sanity and Regression Testing.
- Involved in developing BDD Frame work from Scratch.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework to Develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Involved in DevOps Migration/automation processes for Build and Deploy systems.
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Planning and setting up of Continuous Integration for various properties on Jenkins with Commit, Component, Assembly, Deploy and Smoke jobs.
- Experience setting up instances like Elastic Load Balancer in AWS for high availability.
- Used AWS to deploy the project on EC2 instance. Implementation of the Business logic layer for Services.
- As Test Automation Engineer driving towards the quality and effectiveness of Digital Product EASE Web Plat form.
- Integrated Jenkins with version controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
- Used Linux/Unix commands for using GitHub.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spread sheets.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test, and Deploy chain, GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Expertise in mobile automation using Appium, selenium, java in both Android and IOS.
- Experience in writing complex XPATH using following and preceding and using functions like contains and not contains.
- Thorough experience in implementing Automation Tools Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Eclipse, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, SOAP UI and REST with POSTMAN.
- Used runner classes in cucumber to generate step definition and used tags to run different kinds of test suites like smoke, health check and regression.
- Created profiles in maven to launch specific TestNG suite from Jenkins job
- Implemented SOAP UI tool to test SOAP based architecture application to test SOAP services
- Used the Groovy language to Verify Web Services Through SOAP UI
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers
Environment: Selenium, Devops, AWS, Java, Java Script, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, SOAP, REST, SOAP, POSTMAN, Android, Mobile, iOS, Cucumber, BDD, Agile, Json, Oracle 10g, putty, MS word, MS XL, Quality Centre, WebDriver, TestNG, MAVEN, Guidewire.
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Analyzed and documented detailed program information working and interacting with software developers and members of various other dependent departments.
- Worked as QA Tester and took responsibility for the requirements Analysis, testing and designing of the flow and the logic for the project.
- Updated skills with Mobile Web Automation Framework Angular JS in Jasmine, Protractor using this testing the AJAX components.
- Automated angularJs application module using protractor and Jasmine and created specs for various functional scenarios.
- Analyzed the Systems and Requirements gathering, Data Analysis, wrote test cases and reviewed test cases.
- Modified and maintained the already existing test plans, test cases and scripts to leverage the automation team effort during the regression testing.
- Managed resource, reviewed weekly Testers' status reports through Agile Process and Scrum Calls.
- Maintained the Cucumber, Selenium & Java automation code and used version control Git & Github to maintain code for the future release and new features. used JUnit test runner framework & run automation script using continuous integration tool Jenkins & configuring the continuous integration (CI) server
- Created test plan and test cases according to the project and executed the test cases manually.
- Worked on Agile Methodology & used Behavior Driven Development (BDD) that it was two weeks sprint strong knowledge in writing feature file using gherkin language
- Performed GUI, regression and user acceptance testing of front end manually.
- Communicated requirements traceability matrix and tracked requirements status throughout the project.
- Managed the test cases in Quality Center and mapped to the requirements and ensured proper test coverage.
- Managed multiple projects using Quality Center to manage the test cases, test scripts, test results and defects for all phases of QA process.
- Parameterized automated tests using database table parameters (including global and action data sheet), environment variable parameters and random number parameters and analyzed tests.
- Validated the test results by writing SQL to retrieve the data from tables and from database.
- Confidence and ability to communicate and collaborate with another team member
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools such as Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured Library, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor & other test frameworks.
- Experienced with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development
- Experienced using issue-tracking software Jira and agile project management systems using Rally.
- Strong knowledge in Web services using SOAPUI & send date in XML get response in xml, analyzed the issue.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience designing and developing applications on UNIX or Windows environment, mobile platforms (Android or iOS) or designing complex multi-tiered applications.
- Strong knowledge on agile development experience preferably in a CI/CT environment.
- Experience in SOA testing and web service test automation using SoapUI, CA DevTest
- Service, end-to-end, regression testing of SOA based application landscape
- Experience in API Test Automation and Framework Development
- Experience with reusable business services (WSDL and XML schemas)
- Experience in API Products like WSO2, APIGEE or similar platform in implementing API facades, and implementing API Proxies
- Automate API test scripts to support a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline using Bamboo
Environment: Jira, MS Office, SoapUI, MS SharePoint, Bugzilla, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, DB2, Cucumber, Selenium Webdriver, Java, JUnit & Atlassian Bamboo.
QA Engineer - SDET
- Providing end to end testing services for the Ecommerce web application.
- Involved in QA Docs (Test Plan, Scenarios, RTM, Test Case Design), Peer Reviews, Test.
- Designed & Implemented a Hybrid Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed GUI functional testing manually for the application.
- Expertise in Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test case Review, Test Case Execution, Writing Test scripts, testing tools Usage, Defect management, and Prepare Test reports.
- Experience in Agile and waterfall methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Planned, designed, executed and evaluated performance tests of web application and services and ensured optimal application performance using Load Runner.
- Designed and reviewed the Test scenarios and scripts for given functional requirements and Automated test cases in Selenium.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA/ALM.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Functional and regression testing of .net applications is done using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Generated automated scripts using QTP and documented them, created and maintained functional & regression test suites.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Testing prior to next quarter release.
- Created and maintained automated test script for API testing using Restful.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML.
- XML / SOAP using Soap UI and Postman tool.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Designed data-driven testing in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Performed Functional, System and Regression Testing on web and mobile applications at various phases of the Project life Cycle.
- Actively involved in STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, JMeter, SOAP UI.
- Setup /Installed and Configured Selenium IDE.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests.
- Perform browser compatibility testing of application under various cross browsers (Safari, Firefox, IE, Chrome) using HTML IDs and XPATH in Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementing logging and tracking using Jira.
Environment: Java, .Net, JIRA, Jenkins, ALM, SOA Tester, Eclipse, Junit, Load Runner, Cucumber, HTML5, CSS, JBOSS, Oracle, Maven, JMeter, SVN, Node.JS, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver.
Software Quality Analyst
- Acknowledged development methodology to perform testing based on application life cycle
- Followed and analyzed all Procedures for Requirements Analysis, Planning, Designing, Development, Testing and Implementation, above all Business Requirements specification.
- Reviewed Test Plan and other supporting documents to established framework for Manual and Automation testing.
- Developed test cases based on Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and created test cases templates to facilitate other testers, using Quality Centre.
- Performed Functional, Integration, UAT testing for various release
- Worked with Business Analyst to define and design test cases template
- Developed SQL queries to retrieve data from the tables in the database to perform Backend testing.
- Tracked the Defects and generating reports using PVCS Tracker.
- Communicated with development team, business owner regarding the status and potential impacts on the delivery date and/or expected quality of the tasks and/or the projects.
Environment: Oracle BD, Web logic, UNIX, HP Quality Center.