- AWS/DevOps Engineer with over 8 years of experience in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management, Cloud Implementation and DevOps Engineering.
- Experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, AWS Config, Autoscaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, and R53.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in public and private Subnets in VPC.
- Configured EMR Cluster, used Hive script to process the data stored in S3.
- Experience in working with Docker, Kubernetes, ECS container services and successfully deployed the images in the cloud environment for managing Application.
- Create and maintain highly scalable and fault - tolerant multi-tier AWS and Azure environments spanning across multiple availability zones using Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling and Traffic Manager.
- Setup AZURE Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections).
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows AZURE and SQL AZURE and AZURE web and database deployments.
- Experienced working in a transforming DevOps culture implementing CI/CD process using tools like GIT, Jenkins, Maven and Chef.
- Responsible for creating branches and resolving the conflicts while merging in GIT.
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects. Migrated various artifacts from TFS to Git.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, and Bamboo.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Experienced with Nexus, and Artifactory Repository for Maven and Ant builds.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Automated creation of S3 buckets using PowerShell and deploying to S3 buckets using Octopus deploy.
- Automating the Build Infrastructure for deploying services in Dockerized environment using Jenkins, Sonarqube, Gradle, Groovy, Job DSL, Docker and Splunk.
- Creating Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto Scaling launch configurations and experienced with Docker container service and managing containers using Docker swarm.
- Worked on Docker hub, writing Docker files, Building Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience in Kubernetes & writing the scripts in Perl and Shell Scripts for managing various enterprise applications.
- Experience using Kubernetes for container management that runs Docker containerized applications in a cluster of EC2 instances in Linux Environment.
- Manage containers using Amazon EC2, ECR, EKS and Fargate
- Built/deployed custom Docker images from Artifactory into EKS K8s cluster as part of a Gitlab CI pipeline
- Migrated from Chef to Docker and Kubernetes by using Blue/Green Deployment.
- Deployed production-ready Kubernetes Clusters on top of Amazon EC2 instances using KOPS.
- Expertise in writing Bash & Perl Scripts (hash and arrays), Python programming for the deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, OSI layers, Client/Server architecture and Firewalls).
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, DevOps
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure
Version C ontrol Tools: SVN, GIT, TFS, BitBucket
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Udeploy, TeamCity, TFS, Ansible.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
Virtualization: Vmware, Vagrant, Docker, Elastic Container Service, Kubernetes, EKS
Logging: Splunk, Nagios, ELK- ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana.
Monitoring Tools: CloudWatch, Nagios, Datadog, Cerebrata, Splunk, Promethus
Scripting: Bash Scripting, Python, Ruby, Pearl
Database: Oracle DB, SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redshift, MongoDB
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu), Unix, CentOs
DevOps/ AWS Engineer
Confidential - Jersey City, NJ
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloudfront Distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude of applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack including Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, LAMBDA, REDSHIFT, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS cloud formation.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups and Automated the cloud deployments using AWS cloud formation templates.
- Created Elastic load balancers (ELB) and used Route53 with failover and latency options for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Designed and developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Worked on release management & deployment tools like AWS Code Pipeline, Cloud Formation, AWS Code Deploy. Created snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Worked with Terraform to create stacks in AWS from the scratch and updated the terraform as per the organization's requirement regularly.
- Configured RDS instances using Cloud formations and Terraform.
- Responsible for applying the Corporation's Software Configuration Management processes to projects, setting up and maintaining TFS/GIT/GitHub infrastructure and supporting a continuous delivery model by automating software build and package migration processes.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: GIT and GitLab.
- Implemented nightly builds on Jenkins and automated various scopes of testing on Jenkins.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Built scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Creating scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH, and Python
- Maintained databases using Python and developed Python-based API (RESTful Web Service) using Flask and NoSQL.
- Designed and developed components using Python with the Flask framework. Implemented code in python to retrieve and manipulate data and deployed the application in a Linux environment. Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging, and pushing the images.
- Writing Pod Configurations with multiple Containers using different Docker Images.
- Building a Docker image with Packer and provisioning with Kubernetes by using Docker Packer Builder.
- Installed and configured Kubernetes, Chef Server/workstation, and nodes via CLI tools and wrote Docker files to create new images based on working environments for testing purposes before deployment.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating a local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Worked on OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes container storage, automation to enhance container platform multi-tenancy also worked on with Kubernetes architecture and design troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Enhanced the automation to assist, repeat and consist of configuration management using Ansible based YAML scripts.
- Design, build, secure and manage clusters/workloads running on self-managed Kubernetes (Kops), Amazon EKS (Amazon Kubernetes Service), Amazon ECS and AWS Fargate
- Experience in writing Jenkins Pipeline groovy, PowerShell scripts for Continuous Integration and build workflows.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Ansible playbooks and Modules
- Configured Apache webserver in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Puppet automation.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with puppet automation.
- Experience in optimizing volumes, EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances and created alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins, using custom Docker Images, and pulled them to ECR and monitored using Prometheus.
Environment: AWS, GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Shell, Ant, Maven, Nagios, Apache Webserver, Ruby, Terraform, Ansible, OpenShift, groovy
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Written Templates for Azure Infrastructure as code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, VM Role, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal
- Expertise in Architecting and Implementing Azure Service Offering, such as Azure cloud services, Azure storage, IIS, Azure Active Directory (AD), Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure Storage, Azure, Blob Storage, Azure VMs, SQL Database, Azure Functions, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Monitor, and Azure Service Bus.
- Hands-on experience on Backup and restore Azure services and in Design and configure Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics and used Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, and Docker containers.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, VM Role, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal.
- Created CI/CD pipeline using Azure DevOps, Team city/Octopus, and Jenkins/Octopus.
- Performed migration setup from SVN to GIT using BitBucket.
- Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Hands-on Experience on GIT and SVN to help manage and document all the changes to Application code and Configuration Management Code and having strong experience on source control concepts like Branches, Masters, Merges and Tags.
- Deploying application using Jenkins server and Troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolve, work with engineers on the resolution.
- Conceived, Designed, Installed and Implemented CI/ CD automation system. Created and updated Bash scripts and modules, files, and packages.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project Jenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Deploying windows Kubernetes (K8s) cluster with Azure Container Service (ACS) from Azure CLI and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and Octopus Deploy.
- Wrote shell scripts to handle server processing migrating applications from .Net to Python monitoring applications and server performance with Splunk and Jenkins.
- Using Ansible created multiple playbooks for machine creations and SQL server, cluster server and my SQL installations.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in Maven pom.xml files to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Manage deployment automation using Chef and Custom Chef Modules.
- Worked in highly collaborative operations team to streamline the process of implementing security Confidential Azure cloud environment and introduced best practices for remediation
- Created Azure services using ARM templates (JSON) and ensured no changes in the present infrastructure while doing an incremental deployment.
- Worked with Nagios for Azure Active Directory & LDAP and Data consolidation for LDAP users. Monitored system performance using Nagios, maintained Nagios Servers, and added new services & servers.
Environment: Azure, Office 365, Git, GitHub, Azure AD, Terraform, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, JFrog Artifactory, LDAP, Nagios, Ansible, Bitbucket.
DevOps Cloud Engineer
Confidential - Indianapolis, IN
- By using Chef, deployed and configured ELK for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication. Provided policies to groups using policy generator and set different permissions based on the requirement along with providing Amazon Resource Name (ARN).
- Experience in creating Task definitions, which specifies the tasks, Resource allocation (Fargate), services and docker image on which application is built for Elastic Container Service and ALB.
- Onboarded multiple data sources within Splunk, creating custom TAs for data parsing.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for the deployment of build on internal Data Centre servers. Re-used and modified Chef Recipes to create a deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Experience in using Jenkins to integrate tools and technologies to automate the build and deployment process. I used to carry out different jobs in Jenkins like commit jobs, deployment jobs and nightly build jobs.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management and to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Leveraged Hiera to create various re-usable Puppet modules.
- Work with MAVEN for building the application has written maven scripts and shell scripts to automate the build process. Maintained the GIT source repositories and builds. Build tool, Maven used it on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Configured and Maintained the TeamCity build, automation jobs and TeamCity daily periodic backups for TeamCity config and plugins files.
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the build and deployment process. Used maven for a few modules.
- Experience in JIRA for ticketing and as well as a defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plugins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub, Maven.
- Developed the puppet manifests for different application and web servers like Apache Tomcat, WebSphere applications.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Used Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment in Multiple environments.
- Used ApacheTomcat as an application server for deploying the artifacts.
Environment: s: SQL, Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Splunk, Kubernetes, GIT, Maven, Python, Puppet, Java, JIRA, Apache Tomcat.
Build and Release Engineer
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like Dev, INT, and QA
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using SVN source control.
- Set up and maintain continuous automated build system with Jenkins, ClearCase, Cruise Control and Perl/Python scripting.
- Involved in editing the existing Ant/Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Converted old builds using make to Ant and XML for doing Java build.
- Generated scripts in Maven, Perl, Bash, and shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Able to create scripts for system administration using languages such as BASH and Python.
- As a member of the Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Automated the build process using Jenkins and scheduled build jobs daily for the sanity check of the Java code checked in by the developers.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts towards Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Automation of deployment and server bounce process by creating scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST)
- Deployment of build artifacts like wars and ears into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
Environment: ANT, Maven, Web logic, Shell/Bash Scripts, SVN, Hudson, Java/J2EE, UNIX, CVS, Tomcat, WebLogic, Jenkins, Python scripting, Nexus.