- Experience in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile Methodolog y in software development.
- Experience using Selenium IDE, Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using Junit/TestNG testing framework.
- Experience in Manual and Automation Testing of Web Services and Web Browser UI.
- Strong knowledge in Requirement Understanding, Test Estimation, Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Test Management, Defect Management and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Create Test Approach based on the project needs to meet end - to-end requirements.
- Involve in creation of test strategy document.
- Involve in implementing Backend Automation Framework to automate REST and SOAP APIs into Stores Domain Testing (SDT) Framework using REST Assured, Java, TestNG.
- Setup Continuous Integration Server, Jenkins for nightly regression tests.
- Write SQL queries for validating data stored in the database.
- Develop BDD tests using Cucumber by writing feature files and step definitions.
- Execute the Test scenarios and document the results.
- Participate in Sprint planning meetings and retrospective every two weeks.
- Ability to document and track defects as well as produce detailed reports using defect-tracking tools such as JIRA, Version One, Rally .
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Product Owner to gather information about the business requirements.
- Perform code reviews for the Scripts developed by the colleagues.
- Perform Integration, Regression and End to End Testing.
- Maintenance of JAVA automation code in Selenium framework to make improvements and add new features.
- Proficient in Java, Python and have sound knowledge on OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts.
- Involve in executing transactions at Point of Sale (POS) registers for validating different register and CRU(Commercial Retail Unit) screens in Retail Industry.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills along with a good attitude for learning.
- Experience in Black box testing with a complete QA cycle from testing, defect logging and verification of fixed bugs.
- Worked on testing applications on different browsers like IE, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Chrome.
- Experienced in using Continuous Integration and build management tools such as Jenkins Build Server, Maven
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver, Junit, TestNG, SoapUI, Eclipse, Intellij, Jmeter, Manual Testing, BDD/Cucumber, Maven
IDE: Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ
Web Services: WSDL, SOAP, Restful
Defect Tracking Tools: Version, JIRA, Rally
Version control Tools: GIT, SVN
Project Management: Maven, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint, MS Access, Agile & Waterfall Methodology.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, Confidential DB2 MongoDB, Postgres
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Agile Automation Quality Engineer
- Understanding the Client Requirements using associated documents.
- Analyzing and understanding Test Conditions that are mapped to requirements.
- Perform Stability, Regression and Pre-Production Testing for each release based on state by state rollout basis.
- Automating regression test cases using Selenium Web driver.
- Developed test code in Java language using Intellij.
- Use of Selenium, Cucumber, and Gherkin to create object-oriented web-based application automation test plans.
- Use of Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin and Appium to create image recognition test plans for windows desktop application.
- Analyze and identify root cause on problems encountered during testing and in production environment
- Maintain test plans, test environment, data and tools for system enhancements and corrections
- Create database queries to extract information for test validation
- Collaborate with development team to determine testing needs
- Mentor and transition interns and new colleagues into test automation roles
- Attend and participate in all team meetings and agile ceremonies(Daily Stand-up meetings, Grooming sessions and Retrospective).
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation testing.
- Understands the wrap-around testing role within Agile environments .
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Implemented Page Object Model (POM) Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver
- Tested the application for Functionality and documented all pass-fail report, created modification requests, assigned modification requests to respective developers, and verified bug fixing use JIRA test management tool.
- Good exposure in writing SQL Queries to test backend and compare the database data with UI.
- Executed Test Cases with respect to Source and Target database tables.
- Used Java language and Junit framework to create unit tests to be run against each Pull Request .
- Participated in User Acceptance testing (UAT) and involved in UA test cases, executed test cases, Documenting Defects, resolved defects.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium (IDE and Web Driver).
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL applications using SOAP UI.
- Performed Web Services Testing using RESTful and did lightweight data-interchange using JSON
- Followed agile methodology for the Software Development life cycle.
- Created the postman Scripts for Services Testing using Postman Tool.
- Perform the Rest API Testing for the end points systems using Swagger, POSTMAN tools and make sure the end point are working fine.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, IntelliJ IDE, BDD/Cucumber, Java, Junit, Jmeter, Cucumber, REST API and SOAP services, JSON, Postman, JIRA, Microsoft Word, Excel, Agile
Confidential, Bloomington, Illinois
QA Automation Engineer
- Interacted with Business Clients, Product Owners, Developers and QA Manager for clear exposure to trickle down the technical/functional User Requirements & Change Requests to Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Identified the Test Scenarios based on Functional Specifications and Business Requirements.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, and End to End Testing.
- Identified test cases to automate, automated those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE) and in framework creation.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Employed knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concepts and Java.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and executed Unit Test automation (Java/Junit).
- Responsible in Performance testing, debugging, executing, and analyzing complex applications using HP Load Runner
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using Agile methodology.
- Developed test code in Java using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management using Jira.
- Automated test cases using Selenium for Regression testing and JUnit for grouping the tests.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automation of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Worked on React Native Debugger to test developers APK .
- Worked on Visual studios to build Android application to test from developer’s code.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing and developed custom libraries for automation using Selenium .
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium, Java in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator
- Used Xcode IDE for macOS containing a suite of software development tools for developing software for iOS .
- Configured Continuous Integration environment, using Jenkins to kickoff daily builds and automation suites Jenkins, Maven and SVN.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing using Selenium Web driver in TestNG
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing, environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML id’s and XPATH in Selenium.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI/Ready API Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in SOAP and RESTFUL Web services.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework and send the automation reports over email upon completion.
- Provide all data validation through SQL queries to perform Back-end testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Agile, Java, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, TestNG, JIRA, Eclipse, XML, XPATH, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL, and Windows, JUNIT.
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Responsible for creating and maintaining both Manual and Automated test suites for the entire project.
- Extensive experience in Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance (UAT), System, Load and Black Box testing.
- Analyze requirements and user stories before the build, by collaborating with product owners, and business analysts.
- Responsible for creating test scenarios for user stories and creating automation test suites using Python, Selenium WebDriver, Pytest framework.
- Extensively used Page Objects Design (POD) and page navigation framework for readable test scripts and easy maintenance from developer perspectives and responsible for creating automation framework using POM- Page Object Model, and Data Driven to test web application.
- Thorough understanding of POM using Page Factory.
- Responsible for executing the test cases, analyzing test failures and report issues, and defects through JIRA, Rally.
- Maintained the Regression test suite which should be run before every release, report any regression defects and get them fixed before the release.
- Analyzed and tested data on different Case and functionality manually and wrote queries on database for validating data.
- Executed various SQL queries to validate data and use for data driven testing using MYSQL.
- Creating Regression test sets for various test projects and updating the test set after each test cycle.
- Used Postman for testing APIs, by sending requests to the web server and validating XML, JSON responses.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins for running tests on regular basis automatically.
- Automated highly transactional web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool SOAP UI, for local WSDL with URL and created Test cases for load testing.
- Responsible for back-end API testing with SOAP UI.
- Participated in Walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically.
- Created tests with Assertions like Schema Compliance, SOAP, and XPath assertions using SOAP UI.
Environment: Python, Selenium, Oracle, SQL, Postman, REST API and SOAP services, JSON, Rally, Jenkins, Pytest, Github, Amazon Web Services, Unix, Cent OS, Microsoft Word, Excel, Agile, Allure.
- Interacting with Peers and Developers to clarify the issues related to Test Data, Test cases design Flow, Features and Functionality of application.
- Created and executed test cases using Visual Studio. The test results are mentioned step by step in the visual studio. In backlog page move the items that you expect to work on into the current sprint in visual studio.
- Drafted detailed Test Steps to be followed for Test Automation using QTP.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium Web-Driver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Used VB scripts in QTP to access webpage script variables.
- Parameterized test scripts in QTP to pass data from different data sources like Excel spreadsheets.
- Extensively involved in developing VB scripts for automation using QTP
- Creating and modifying functions for different functionality and add in Function library, Load this function library in each test.
- Creating different Recovery scenarios and add it to the Recovery scenario folder in Quality Center Test plan. Add recovery scenarios with tests.
- Perform Regression execution using HP QTP scripts to ensure existing functionalities work properly.
- Performing responsibilities of object identification and performing Data Driven Testing
- Handling the tasks of running test, debugging, and enhancing applications.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI. Performing Backend testing by creating and executing SQL queries.
- Implemented and updated bug tracking procedures for defect handling
- Involved in the documentation of the whole QA process
Environment: VB Script, QTP, Data driven test cases, Backend testing, SQL, Quality center, Visual studio, Windows 7, Windows XP, Vista, MS office.Confidential
- Developed Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing. Executed the Test cases for Crystal Reports. Maintained Test Logs and Reports in Quality Center.
- Attended Weekly Status Meetings, discussed and interacted with team members.
- Prepared Defect Report as per severity and Priority.
- Worked on SQL statements in checking the validity of the Backend.
- Performed the browser Compatibility testing for employee stock portal (IE9, Firefox, Safari, Google chrome).
- Collaborate with business analysts and developers to build a test environment using SQL.
- Designed Test cases, executed Test cases and reported Bugs using Quality Center.
- Planned and executed end-to-end testing including functional, smoke, regression, integration and exploratory testing as required in Waterfall.
- Involved in Backend Database testing in Oracle using SQL.
- Experience in System Integration Testing of web-based application, time tracking through electronic gadgets (devices and mobiles).
- Used Quality Center to manage testing and track test results for each build and report defects detected.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst for Requirements Study and develop SQL Scripts for end - end process validation.
- Interacted with developers to follow up on defects and issues.
- Responsible for providing the status updates to the team on daily basis.
- Generated the Test Status Reports from Test Director and regularly presented to QA Team lead and Project team lead.
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center, SOAPUI, Waterfall, SQL, XML, WSDL.