- Cloud Engineer with 8 years of experience in Windows Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Cloud Implementations. In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- Designed and maintained AWS infrastructure available, scalable, secured, monitored and alerting network infrastructure.
- Experienced in Managed AWS infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, CloudFormationand Terraform.
- Strong experience and knowledge of real time data analytics using Spark Streaming, Kafka and Flume .
- Unique experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and OpenShift/Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components (PCF), and developing global/multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large scale developments/deployments on Cloud Foundry and OpenShift/Kubernetes.
- Vast knowledge of utilizing cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Application Insights, Document DB, Internet of Things (IoT), Azure Monitoring, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Strong Experience in implementing Data warehouse solutions in Confidential Redshift; Worked on various projects to migrate data from on premise databases to Confidential Redshift, RDS and S3.
- Implementing and Managing ETL solutions and automating operational processes.
- Good at Manage hosting plans for Azure Infrastructure, implementing & deploying workloads on Azure virtual machines (VMs).
- Performed Continuous Delivery in a microservice infrastructure with Amazon cloud, Docker and Kubernetes and Amazon ECS.
- Implemented a 'server less' architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and Dynamo DB and deployed AWS Lambda code from Amazon S3 buckets. Created a Lambda Deployment function and configured it to receive events from your S3 bucket.
- Designed the data models to be used in data intensive AWS Lambda applications which are aimed to do complex analysis creating analytical reports for end-to-end traceability, lineage, definition of Key Business elements from Aurora.
- Extensive experience with Warm Standby (PostgreSQL 8.x and earlier), and Hot Standby (PostgreSQL 9.x and greater).
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as Dynamo DB .
- AWS developer associate and Strong experience with using a broad range of AWS services (EC2, RDS, ELK, S3, Lambda, CloudTrail, DynamoDB, SNS).
- Experienced in scaling Amazon RDS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB instances vertically and horizontally for high availability.
- Experience in routing production traffic for high availability multi-site using Route 53 using failover and weighted Routing policies.
- Managed user access to AWS resources through AWS CLI, AWS Console or AWS SDK using AWS IAM services.
- Worked with the Spark for improving performance and optimization of the existing algorithms in Hadoop using Spark Context, Spark-SQL, Spark MLlib, Data Frame, Pair RDD's, Spark YARN.
- Developed Spark jobs using Scala on top of Yarn/MRv2 for interactive and Batch Analysis in AWS EMR.
- Experience in using AWS Redshift database for staging and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Hands on Experience on GIT and SVN to help manage and document all the changes to Application code and Configuration management code and having strong experience on source control concepts like Branches, Masters and Tags.
- Handling, deploying, maintaining various servers, including application, Database, Web, Mail, Virtual, Configure and ensure connection to RDS database running on MYSQL engines.
- Build infrastructure with custom Terraform templates and maintained them as a part of Disaster Recovery.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Monitor production cycles for Control-M and Admiral Tidal Schedulers, multiplatform interfacing with UNIX, Windows, AS400, ZOS, Tandem and AIX, Expedite resources to bring SLA online
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven and Gradle by using repos like Nexus and Artifactory.
- Created SCM Process, policies, procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to Release or Deploy highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, and IBM WebSphere.
- Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) and deployment using CI tools such as Jenkins, Teamcity.
- Created build environments for Java and .NET using Jenkins, SVN/Git/GitHub, Maven, and number of reporting tools Such as SonarQube and added Build Badges Status report.
- Used Puppet, Chef and Ansible for Configuration Management and also understanding of container technologies like Docker.
- Set up uDeploy server along with automated scripts to back up the server and restore from backup for disaster recovery and Managed build results in uDeploy and deployed using workflows in uDeploy.
- Expertise in all areas of Jenkins like plugin management, securing and scaling Jenkins, integrating ode analysis, performance issues, Analytics and Test phases to complete the CI/CD Pipelines within Jenkins.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middle ware installations and domain configurations.
- Installed, configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring, Log Trace Monitoring.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA and Remedy.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Cloud: AWS, AZURE.
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, GIT
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible and puppet
CICD Tools: MS visual studio, TFS, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Chef
Code quality: SonarQube
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, GRADLE
Scripting: PowerShell, Bash, Python, Groovy, YAML
Web Technologies: C#, Java Script, HTML, XML, JSON, Node.JS, .NET
Web/App server: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
Database: SQL SERVER, NoSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy
Binary Repository: Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux
AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups. Participated in the installation of multi-node Oracle databases on Linux OS and configured RDS.
- Creating mappings and workflows to extract data from Oracle, SQL Server, Redshift and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities.
- Worked on using a GIT branching strategy that included develops branches, feature branches, staging branches and master. Pull requests and code reviews were performed.
- Created an end to end Jenkins pipeline to absorb code from Stash (BitBucket), to resolve dependencies from Artifactory and deploy using U Deploy.
- Designed and developed web applications using Java and deployed the applications to GIT for version controlling.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, SonarQube, JFrog to schedule the builds.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python
- Design roles and groups for users and resource tags using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Implementing a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Used the Salt stack for the continuous code deployment, Real-time automation.
- Automating configuration management using Salt Stack.
- Experience in creating cloud migration strategies defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans and more.
- Updating kernel & security patches in Amazon Linux environment, handling out of memory issues in Linux kernels during rebalance in Kafka cluster.
- Scripted internal automation via various scripting languages like PowerShell, Bash and Python.
- Deployed the C, C++ based applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Implemented automated local server provisioning in instances created in Terraform.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, change Automation.
- Creating EC2 instances in secured private subnet and deploying them in load balancing, assigning Elastic IP Addresses for EC2 instances.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for Bitbucket and Ansible.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configuration of AWS nodes and tested playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Responsible for automated Deployment of java application in Tomcat Server using Ansible Scripts.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Extensively used Terraform for building, changing and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for automating time-consuming specialty needs for external clients.
- Debugging test cases and fixing errors by using selenium plugins in Jenkins.
- Continuous deliver (CD) with Jenkins and Kubernetes, running a continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins Workflow on Kubernetes.
- Involved in provisioning and automation servers on public cloud like AWS and Kubernetes.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Java Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Worked on setting Docker container and maintaining Docker images and worked on Testing CI/CD tools on Docker.
- Worked together with developer's using JIRA to fine-tune process and speed up the delivery process efficiently and Responsible for working a queue of JIRA tickets to address system issues, user requests, etc. daily and managed product backlog within JIRA
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Red hat Linux.
- Managed iterative product delivery on time and on budget with AGILE/SCRUM framework.
- Worked on applying patches and recommending necessary security fixes for web Logic servers.
Environment: Git, Java/J2EE, Docker, Kubernetes, Nexus, Jenkins, SonarQube, AWS, Kafka, Ansible, MAVEN, JIRA, LINUX, XML, Terraform, Web logic, Python, PowerShell, C, C++, .NET, ASP.NET
AZURE CLOUD SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (Public) Cloud to provide IaaS support to client. Create Virtual Machines through Power Shell Script and Azure Portal.
- Manage and Create Storage Account and Affinity Group in Azure Portal.
- Capture an image of a Virtual Machine. Attaching a Disk to a Virtual Machine. Manage and create Virtual Network and End Points in Azure Portal.
- Deploying VM's, Storage, Network and Affinity Group through PowerShell Script.
- Creating Storage Pool and Stripping of Disk for Azure Virtual Machines. Backup, Configure and Restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Backup.
- Taking Backup to cloud Storage Account using Cloudberry Cloud Storage Tools. Configure Site to Site VPN Connectivity.
- Configure Window Failover Cluster by creating Quorum for File sharing in Azure Cloud.
- Convert existing Virtual Machine from Standard to Premium Storage Account. Patching and Validating of Virtual Machine in Azure.
- Monitor Azure Infrastructure through System Center Operation Manager (SCOM).
- Coordinating with Microsoft for increasing subscription limit like- Core limit and Cloud Services. Handling and Resolving Client's Issues remotely.
- Client Interaction over the Phone or Emails to provide instant response. Extensively created stored procedures, functions, Triggers, indexes, and Views.
- Applied Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to apply styles for the webpages.
- Involved in optimizing code and improving efficiency in databases including recompiling stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Designed the front-end application using HTML, CSS, Java Script, AJAX, and jQuery.
- Worked on ICD 10 maintenance screens using VB.net to add new codes to pull data from DB2 and call to windows forms created solutions for the medi-span process of the claim’s solution.
- Responsible for full development life cycle, including design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Performed a review of the technology team and worked with leadership to define a growth plan to meet product development demands.
- Front End and backend designing using MVC Scaffolding Pattern. Developed Web Forms using C#.Net and Entity Framework.
- Providing updates business partners in a timely manner and documented technical and programming specifications.
- Performed extensive Data Binding with various Server Controls like Grid View. Resolving the issues in the code.
- Used Team foundation server for maintaining source and documentation control.
- Performed Unit Testing and Integration Testing using N-Unit.
- Involved in deployment and postproduction support for the application.
Confidential, Bloomfield, Connecticut
Devops Security Engineer
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Administered and maintained source code configuration tool GIT used for different projects.
- Good understanding of the SDLC Processes, Project roles and SCM plans, familiar with Agile/SCRUM, ISO standards and applying CMM levels to organizations.
- Designing and creating SCM Infrastructure from scratch - Subversion and Hudson integrated with Active Directory/LDAP, and orchestrating SCCM deployments and host builds to serve every part of the company.
- Supporting complex Atlassian environments and have experience with integrating Atlassian Tools with other internal and external systems.
- Proactive in updating the latest security patches to database, which are provided by PostgreSQL open source community.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Worked with messaging service across a variety of technologies such as RabbitMQ.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Internal IT support including software installation, troubleshooting issues, local development environment set up and training on new technologies (such as Git and Vagrant) and procedures.
- Installed and configured foreman with puppet automation for auto-provisioning the Linux machines in Open Stack and VMware environments.
- Experience with creating various database objects such as tables, indexes, triggers, database links, and procedures in Oracle DB.
- Implemented OpenStack vendor distributions from Red Hat and Ubuntu
- Wrote MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Used Shell and Ruby to automate the deployment process.
- Designed a customized Status Reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and WebSphere Application Server with Oracle as Database.
- Created JIRA projects, templates, workflows, screens, fields and other administrative activities.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies
Environment: GIT, Nexus, Java, Bamboo, MAVEN, Puppet, VMware, OpenStack, UNIX, Python, Ruby, Oracle, Web Sphere, Jira.
Build Release Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Jenkins as a continuous integration tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Writing Jenkins job to run the automated jobs which supports the project. Also, working with terraform and cloud formation template scripts in.
- Create and configured the continuous delivery pipelines for deploying microservices using Jenkins CI server.
- Build microservices for the delivery of software products across the enterprise.
- Experience with Terraform to build infrastructure as a code.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for microservice using Ansible.
- Expertise in component repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc. Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios.
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Run deck and Jenkins.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Used Jenkins to create a build job that spawns the Cloud Formation stack using Jenkins-Cloud Formation-Plugin.
- Used tracking tool JIRA also triaged the issues and maintained bugs.
- Troubleshoot and resolved Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process. Setup and executed process to code review system effectively.
- Responsible for defining Branching & Merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
Environment: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Micro services, JBoss, Python, WebSphere, Putty, Jira, Eclipse