- Over 6 years of experience as a Devops Engineer in automating, building, deploying, managing and releasing of code from one environment to other environment.
- Proficient in defining, communicating and fulfilling the project's goal and breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, intuitive, and analytical and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as analysis, planning, developing, testing, implementing and post - production analysis of the projects.
- Core Java and J2EE, Java REST API
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and various methodologies, specifically AGILE/SCRUM.
- Experience with container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift.
- Experience in migrating On-Premise network to Amazon Cloud Services and Private Clouds, using Cloud Formation templates, AMI's and other AWS resources. Experience in building highly available and highly fault tolerant redundant production and disaster recovery systems using best practices.
- Hands on experience with a broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, AWS lambda, Elastic search and Cloud Watch.
- Strong knowledge of Subversion (SVN) and experience utilizing source control such as Perforce, TFS, GIT, and knowledge of Clear Case.
- Experience is using Azure, Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment
- AppDynamics, Elk, Splunk based monitoring set-up & administration.
- Implemented continuous integration concepts using HUDSON/Jenkins, Cruise control, Bamboo, and Anthil pro.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE Web applications environment
- Knowledge of using various routed protocols like FTP, SOA, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in Cloud OpenStack, integrating it with Chef/Puppet, Docker.
- Manage Nagios and Openview High Availability solution.
- Expertise in Shell scripting, Perl Scripting for environment builds Automate deployment on Web Sphere Application Server and Weblogic Application Servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LINUX, Ubuntu.
Versioning Tools: Subversion Clear case, GIT and Perforce.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, Test light.
CI Tools: Bamboo, BitBucket(Stash), Chef, SME, Cruise Control, Yocto, Hudson, KVMJenkins, and teamcity
Build Tools: ANT, SONAR, MAVEN, Spring Tool Suite.
Languages/Scripting: C, C++, Perl, Shell, VSTS, PHP, Drupal, Python, Rabbit MQ, SQL, T-SQL,LAMPJAVA/J2EE, RUBY
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML, ATG Ecommerce
Web servers: Apache, IBM HTTP Server.
Application Servers: JBOSS 4.x/5.x/6.x, IBM Web Sphere Application Server 6.x/7.x/8.xWebLogic 11g, Apache Tomcat 5.x/6.x/7.x, TcServer 6.x/7.x.
Databases: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL, DB2,NETEZZA.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Implemented best practices of agile methodology to speed up the delivery process efficiently.
- Configure, monitor and automate Amazon Web Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Created highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services like EC2, VPC, Auto scaling, ELB, RDS, Route53.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation
- Efficiently worked for AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts .
- Setup Elastic load-balancers for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as Dynamo DB.
- Hands on experience with IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Deployment of AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation templates
- Creating S3 buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked with Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based on automation Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS.
- Installed and configured the Confidential & Confidential E Ordering project for the development environment for ATG11.1, ACC, Oracle Endeca, MDX, Platform Services, Tools and Framework.
- Worked on ATG based E-commerce project for B2B and B2C stack upgrade of Confidential .
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process up sites and media delivery. implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and ANT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes and experienced with Docker container service.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes .
- Managed Kubernetes. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managedKubernetes manifest files and Managedreleases of Helm packages.
- Installed and configured JBOSS/Drools server with MySQL/Oracle persistence. Extracted rules data from the database and decision tables.
- Hands on experience on Application Servers like Web Logic, JBoss., and tomcat.
- Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Wrote Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using Ansible, shell and python scripts.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Worked together with developers to fine tune process for newly introduced Atlassian tools in organization like JIRA, confluence, Stash-Git repository, Source tree.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker. Utilized Kubernetes and Docker, EKS for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option.
- By using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs ( Windows/Linux).
- Extensive experience in JIRA for creating bugs tickets, story boarding, pulling reports from dashboard, creating and planning sprints.
- Installed and configured Linux, UNIX, SUSE & RedHat 5.x/6 using Kickstart with PXE for LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and Perl/PHP) installations in Centos 7.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (ksh, bash), python, and power shell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using the SCM tools like GIT, SVN, Stash, TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Using Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Used elasticsearch for name pattern matching customizing to the requirement.
- Elastic search experience and capacity planning and cluster maintenance. Continuously looks for ways to improve and sets a very high bar in terms of quality.
- Snapshot Elasticsearch Indices data and archive in the repository every 12 hours.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Rundeck, Anthill pro, Java/J2EE, ANT, PUPPET, Ansible, MAVEN, DOCKER, Saltstack, Sonar Qube, JIRA, LINUX, XML, VMware, Kubernetes,Jenkins, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, AWS, Cassandra, MY SQL, NTBuild, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, WLST,Apache,Tomcat,.Net.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files, creating and applying labels on source files and release files.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services. Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2 auto-scaling; and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts, and are quickly evolve during develop iterations.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability.
- Working with AWS services such as EC2 , VPC , RDS , CloudWatch, CloudFront, Route53 etc.
- Worked in creation and modification of Instances, AMI’s, and Security Groups within EC2, Monitor and built reports through CloudChecker, and CloudWatch.
- Fundamental mastery of the AWS cloud computing platform, and its many dimensions of scalability - including but not limited to: VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EC2, load-balancing with ELB, messaging with SQS (and scalable non-AWS alternatives), auto-scaling architectures.
- Designed and developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Worked with Terraform to create stacks in AWS from the scratch and updated the terraform as per the organizations requirement on a regular basis.
- Created templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT.
- Scripting and automation capabilities to increase TFS efficiency and reduce manual tasks.
- Established coding standards and enforced them through automated tools.
- Involved in installing, configuring and administration of Redhat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x/7 servers by using Kickstart and Jump Start servers and supported various applications running on them.
- Experience in implementation of TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, NAS, RAID, Jumpstart installation of Solaris and Kick start in RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Responsible for Installation and Configuration of Solaris 8/9/10 servers, RHEL servers (3/4/5/6) and AIX servers.
- Experience in Manage file systems using Software RAID and recover an array, manage file systems using Logical Volume Management , resize file systems and protect them with LVM Snapshots.
- System configuration/hardening using IP tables , SE Linux , TCP Wrappers , ACL and traditional permission on Linux servers as well as restricting access to terminals, disabling unnecessary services and securing.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Manage IBM Products related DevOps methods using Chef (websphere versions & Portal server clusters) and worked with Amazon AWS in moving QA environments to the cloud.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef .
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used by developers.
- Educated team about continuous integration and automated testing practices and supported them throughout development.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer.
- Integrated chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework and created roles, environments using chef handlers for different auto kickoff requirement jobs.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Dockerfiles and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configuredKubernetes.
- Using Kubernetes , I have controlled and automated application deployments and updates and orchestrated deployment.
- Created multiple ANT, DOCKER, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Analyzed the builds using the sonarQube.
- Create A SPLUNK search processing Language (SPL) queries, reports and dashboards.
- Monitored and tracked SPLUNK performance problems, administrations and open tickets with SPLUNK.
- Automating the Build Infrastructure for deploying services in dockerized environment using Jenkins, Sonarqube, Groovy, Docker and Splunk.
- Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams on issues and solved the problem.
Environment: Java/J2EE, GIT, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Jenkins, VSTS, RDMS, SVN, Chef, ATG Commerce server, Amazon Web Servers(AWS), Cloud Engineer, visual studio, IaaS, PaaS ANT, MAVEN, Shell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, Linux, SQL
- Implemented Kickstart/PXE Boot Servers that Rsync between multiple locations.
- Restructured infrastructure for fail over and disaster prevention.
- Managed and Cross Trained Technical Support Team, teaching personnel Linux standards.
- Created new product build environment, that dropped build time from 2.5 hours to 17 minutes.
- Installed and configured LDAP servers to authenticate between Linux, Apple and Windows environments.
- Configured and maintained RSA Servers and Juniper Network Routers
- Efficiency in installing, configuring, and implementing of RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 5 levels using Logical Volume Manager (LVM), VERITAS Volume Manager (VVM) andSolaris Volume Manager in Centos .
- Dealt with Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, AUTOFS, Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management in Centos .
- Set up and administered user and groups accounts, setting permissions, Web servers, file servers, firewalls, and directory services with ability to diagnose basic ApacheIssues in Centos .
Environment: s: Java/J2ee, UNIX, ANT, Maven, Subversion/Hudson, Web sphere, CVS, Remedy