- 8+ years of experience in IT industry in various roles with experience in RHEL, CentOS Environments as AWS DevOps Engineer, Build & Release management and Development for several markets driven international organizations.
- Extensively worked on JENKINS, HUDSON for continuous integration (CI) and for End - to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools and concepts by using tools like ANT, MAVEN.
- In-depth understanding of the best practices of Software Configuration Management ( SCM ) in Agile , SCRUM , Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in automating the Build and deploy of all internal Java environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages.
- Expertise with source code repository management using tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN).
- Working Knowledge on Cloud automation using Azure and AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Experience in several AWS services like EC2, VPC, S3, Red shift, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling configurations, Lambda, Elastic beanstalk etc.
- Experience in AWS Identity Access management by creating roles and authentication.
- Ability in execution of XML, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell, Groovy, python and JAVA Scripts.
- Good understanding of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Architecture (Diego Architecture), PCF components and their functionalities.
- Experience with Docker container platform to manage container deployments and scale application using Kubernetes.
- Experienced on deploying Hadoop cluster on Public and Private Cloud Environments like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Delivery experience on major Hadoop ecosystem Components such as Pig, Hive, Spark Kafka, Elastic Search &Hbase and monitoring with Cloudera Manager.Extensive working experience using Sqoop to import data into HDFS from RDBMS and vice-versa.
- Have strong knowledge on database development tools MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Experience in developing several puppet modules to configure middle ware applications and splunk.
- Experience in Configuration management with various automation tools like Puppet and Chef.
- Experience with writing Ansible playbooks using python,YAML scripts.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Experience in Deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic, and Confidential Web Sphere.
- Involved in Linux administration activities like troubleshooting of regular issues, configuration issues, applying patches, kernel upgrades, package management, diagnosing resource utilization and file system issues.
- Team player with good management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Windows XP 2000/2003/2008.
Languages: C, C++, Python, Ruby, Java/J2EE.
CI Tools: JENKINS, HUDSON, Bamboo.
CM Tools: CHEF, Puppet, Ansible
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server.
Scripts: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Perl Script, Power Shell Script, Gradle.
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, Bitbucket
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML.
Web/App servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL.
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, Jboss
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN.
Containerization tools: Docker,kubernetes
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
AWS Devops Cloud Engineer
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Maven over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable, enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Git hub support for different projects like Check-in, Checkouts, import, export, branching, tagging, and conflict resolution.
- Created, Configured and Administered Jenkins servers with Master-slave configurations as needed.
- Used Gradle for dependency management and Jenkins for continuous integration of the modules.
- Created jobs and automated builds in Jenkins to deploy various java applications.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu).
- Performed EC2 instances provisioning on AWS environment and implemented security groups, administered VPCs.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic Shell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Managing Amazon instances by taking AMI’s and performing administration and monitoring of Amazon instances like EC2 using Amazon Cloud Watch, Transfer data from Data centers to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Manage 6 AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Lambda, S3 and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure
- Used Stack Driver and AWS cloud monitoring extensively to monitor and debug the cloud based AWS EC2 services.
- Worked on Building server less web pages using API gateway and lambda.
- Worked with Red hat openshift container platform to manage container deployments and scale application using Kubernetes.
- Deployed applications on openshift platform container using source-to-image(S2I).
- Configuring and managing masters and nodes in openshift.
- Configured openshift pods, services, routes and other services.
- Created computing and data resources on AWS using EC2.
- Created Python automation scripting to standardize and regulation XML configuration files.
- Used Python scripting to automate clinical reports for deployment/build releases
- Written/Developed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Create release pipelines using GIT , Chef for automatic workflow.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Chef, and Terraform.
- Created Server instances on AWS. Installed Tomcat and Swagger and used for deploying Microservices.
- Used Docker for creating images that are deployed on AWS as MicroServices.
- Developed MicroServices using Spring Boot and deployed them into the PCF.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods,configMaps, deployments.
- Create and Build Jenkins jobs and store the build artifacts in Nexus and uDeploy by using preconfigured scripts.
- Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked with MongoDB to grant access to data and commands through role-based authorization and provide built-in roles.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS
- Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Utilize Cloud Formation by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
Environment: AWS, MAVEN, Jenkins, Git, JBoss Application Servers, Apache Tomcat, Agile/Scrum, Chef, SDLC, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux.
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, WI
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Used Agile practices and Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques to provide reliable, working software early and often.
- Worked with various teams and project managers by connecting with Team foundation server.
- Involved in Setting up Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins and responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used Jenkins to automate builds and deployments for Java/J2EE applications.
- Involved in writing Maven build scripts for generating Java based artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR.
- Developed MAVEN build files for maintaining test automation builds & Java based library to read test data from XML & Properties files using Junit and Selenium.
- Worked on build &Release deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on different Cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure and Pivotal cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure.
- Build, deploy and migrate infrastructure to Azure utilizing ARM templates and some Terraform.
- Involved in migration from on-premises to Azure Cloud and created customer images for VM’s.
- Deployed clusters using Json template and power shell in AZURE.
- Integration and automation with Azure Automation.
- Integration with Azure Backup Integration with Azure Site Recovery (ASR).
- Used Spring Cloud Boot and Netflix OSS for Micro services development.
- Worked with SQL server reporting services to provide a report server for TFS.
- Performed Build process and item tracking using TFS.
- Loading data into the Hadoop distributed file system (HDFS) with the help of Kafka and REST API.
- Generated adhoc reports using Python Spark from the Hadoop File System.
- Worked on Sqoop to load data into HDFS from Relational Database Management Systems.
- Used powershell scripts for deploying components in Sharepoint.
- Performed Web Logic Server administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning on Linux Environment
- Worked with Cloud Formation templates to create infrastructure Stack and achieved automation using Chef (ruby scripts).
- Developed multiple chef cookbooks from scratch.
- Wrote chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Created new endpoints for existing stacks for additional functionality.
- Used Spring MVC to write services which would be exposed through a REST API.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Involved in Creating and Configuring Different Repositories in Nexus.
- Worked on high-volume crash collecting and reporting system, built with Python.
- Point of contact between different teams to complete all the Build and Release activities.
- Created and managed Change Requests for all non-prod environment, production releases, and patches.
- Troubleshooting Network, memory, CPU, swap and File system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS and SMTP in Linux Servers.
Environment: Linux/Unix (Redhat, Ubuntu), IOS, Shell Scripting, SVN, Maven, GIT, ANT, Java/J2EE, Jenkins, Puppet, Jboss, Tibco, Jira, Urban Code Deploy,Azure.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Maintained and administered SVN version control tool.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications per the agile process.
- Provided end-user for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in JENKINS to move from one environment to other environments.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Acxiom and Third party applications using Splunk and Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Worked on building Data centre with AWS. Installed SVN, Jenkins images on AWS.
- Developed python modules to automate processes in AWS (AWS cloud formations/ Ec2, boot API).
- Experienced in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring using NAGIOS, Site scope and GRAPHITE.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build.
- Implemented new features in groovy as a part of Jenkins continuous delivery.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using puppet.
- Maintained and enhanced existing Puppet modules to be deployed across various providers and deployment architectures.
- Troubleshooting, event inspection and reporting of various Puppet issues and starting/restarting of Puppet enterprise services.
- Managed Puppet classes, resources, packages, nodes and other common tasks using Puppet console dashboard and live management.
- Automated Linux production servers setup using Puppet scripts. Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Vagrant and Virtual Box.
- Worked on configuring Puppet master servers and installing Puppet client software on Linux servers.
- Worked on puppet to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change.
- Installed and Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote Puppet Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge.
- Migration of Puppet community and Puppet Enterprise.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, TFS and Run deck.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework.
- Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk services
- Designed and developed a configuration management database (CMDB) using Python and MySQL to maintain and audit the everyday configuration changes.
Environment: AWS,SVN,Chef,WindowsSolaris,UNIX,CMDB,Java,Eclipse3.20,Ant,Maven,Jenkins,JBossApplicationServer,CVS,Subversion,Splunk,VTFS,Jira .
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Generate and maintain the Project SCM plan as per CMMI standard level.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Worked with a team of developers to design and deploy .NET applications.
- Coordinated the resources by working closely with Project Managers for the release and carried deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Used ANT as build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Integrated ANT with shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Setup the Hudson as continuous Integration tool to integrate the Java project.
- Automated Build artifacts (jar, war & ear) using continuous integration tools.
- Deployed JAR, WAR and EAR artifacts into the WebLogic servers and Apache servers.
- Performed Load/Functional testing using Mercury Load runner and HP QTP.
- Focused on automation and continuous integration. Automated local development environment using PUPPET.
- Deployed PUPPET for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies and planning release.
- Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code Freeze Periods.
Environment: Subversion, Clear Case, Hudson, ASP.NET,C#, ANT, MAVEN, DB2, UNIX, Windows Server 2003 Windows XP, Web Sphere, Perl Scripting, HP Quality Center.
Java Software Engineer
- Front end Development work on a provisioning tool that grants users access.
- Implemented the major part on Security development - making sure password management is safe, making sure apps are safe.
- Extensive experience in Point of Sale (POS) System for using Java and flat files and also developed inventory control system using Java and a series of flat files and added main menu and an inventory report export option which exports the inventory into CSV format.
- Used Maven for automating the build process.
- Extensively Used Git for cloning and reversion controls.
- Involved in Pair Programming with QA resources to do Pair Programming.
- Extensively worked on Struts batch framework
- Involved in accessing the Tivoli Access Manager
- Extensively Involved in Data Acquisition, collecting the raw data from server and loading to the databases.
- Coded the front-end Applications using Spring Tag-libraries and involved in Data modeling and Data mapping tasks.
- Involved in Data stage installation and executed the loading tasks using the data stage.
- Used Unix Shell scripting (Ksh).
- Worked on the Netezza database.
- Implemented Struts Framework for the front end and used Action Controller, Action Form, Dyna Action Form, Validation Frame Work, Struts-Tiles, Struts Tag Libraries.
- Experienced in using the Confidential Info sphere MDM 11.0 and loaded the data to Netezza database.
- Worked on Confidential LDAP in user provisioning tasks and migration from SUN LDAP to Confidential LDAP.
- Implemented successfully the SCA (Supply Chain Advisor) tasks.