- 7 + years of experience in designing Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management.
- Full understanding of SDLC, Agile Methodologies and process.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN).
- Administered the GitHub and managed the access for users for different repositories
- Improved continuous integration workflow, project testing, and deployments with Jenkins implemented code coverage and unit test plugins with Maven in Jenkins.
- Experience in development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Chef and Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience using BMC bladelogic client automation Tool
- Experience writing Cookbooks, Recipes etc. in Chef for configuring Infrastructure.
- Have Experience on Ruby with chef Automation tools.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Managing Open stack Control Plane with automated deployments & rollouts using Puppet manifests modules.
- Expertise in using builds tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Extensive knowledge working on Dockers for deploying the applications.
- Worked on cloud - based servers like AWS and Open Stack.
- Experience using cloud providers and API's for Amazon (AWS) EC2, S3, VPC, SNS, ECS, AMI with Cloud Front, Cloud watch and GFS storage.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster and created notifications and alarms for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Experienced on AWS Terraform templates for any automation requirements in AWS services.
- Experienced with CICD tools Jenkins andUDeploy for setting up configurations of various automated builds and deployment.
- Extensively worked on various GCP infrastructure design and implementation strategies and experienced in Designing, architecting and implementing scalable cloud-based web applications using AWS and GCP.
- Experience in working with IAM in order to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Perl and XML.
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server using SQL, PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining private cloud infrastructure of OpenStack.
- Experience in installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Linux (RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu).
- Experience in administering Load balancers (F5), Network routing protocols, and Firewalls.
- Experienced with the installation and configuration on Apach e 2.x, 1.3.x, 1.2, JBoss4.0.x Web Servers and, BEA Web Logic 8.x, 9.x servers connected to F5 Load balancers using BIG IP.
- Expanded Experience in Network Management like DNS, NIS, NFS, LDAP, send mail, ftp, SSL, SSH, HTTPS, SFTP, TFTP and system troubleshooting skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
CI/CD Tools: Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo, Kubernetes, Docker
DevOps: Chef, Puppet, Ansible& Ansible Tower, Terraform.
Cloud Tools: AWS, Open Stack.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Python, Ruby.
Versioning Tools: Subversion, GIT, Bitbucket.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, HTTP Server, WebLogic, JBoss
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Sr. DevOps Engineer/Cloud Engineer
- Involved in Provisioning, Monitoring and planning the optimization of server’s on-prem and cloud.
- Involved in Migrating the Applications Deployment Tool Manager from BladeLogic to Ansible .
- Worked on creating the nexus promotional model and performed the deployment Activities Through Ansible Tower .
- Managed and Monitored More than 150 applications in RETAIL Environments and Including the More than 500 servers (App and Web).
- Analyzed and Resolved Merge conflicts in Bitbucket and Explained to the Application Team.
- Assisting the clients by providing 24/7 support. Using on call for providing support over the weekends.
- Scheduling and supporting deployments to PROD and NON-PROD during Intraday and Overnight.
- Troubleshooted the applications in NON-PROD and PROD .
- Monitoring and Scheduling the Jobs in NON-PROD and PROD .
- Written Ansible playbooks, Roles for automating scaling the Apache web servers.
- Analysing in working with Ansible, involved in written many playbooks to manage Web applications, batch applications and Non web applications Environments configuration Files,
- Involved on configured Ansible Tower by writing the Ansible playbooks, so clients can run them easily by just push button.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Utilized Kubernetes for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes .
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize Cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Involved in migration of linux 5.x to 7.x
- Created YAML files to provision software's & automating manual setup using Ansible Modules with following best practices.
- Developed API for using AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in AWS.
- Experience in AWS cloud watch &alerting for instances.
- Integrated AWS CloudWatch with AWS EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Created AWS CLI commands to create Amazon EC2 Container Instances.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Experience in Converting existing AWS Infrastructure to Server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis ), deploying via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and used AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SQS, and EBS etc
- Worked on AWS Lambda to run the code in response to events, such as changes to data in an Amazon S3 bucket, Amazon DynamoDB table, HTTP requests using AWS API Gateway and invoked the code using API calls made using AWS SDKs.
- Scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower Experience and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
Environment : SVN, Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nexus2, Nexus3, BladeLogic, Ansible, Ansible Tower, CM data, JIRA, Bamboo, Jinja 2 Templates, Confluence, Microsoft teams, Self Service Tool, WebSphere, Splunk, F5,Apache, Tomcat, TC server, Control-M, Terraform, Kubernetes, LINUX, UNIX,
Sr DevOps Engineer
- Extensively worked with distributed version control system Git in Linux environment for the version control of codes.
- Managed the Deployment from Run deck and implemented as CICD plugin which helps Dev team to deploy directly from Pipeline of every new version.
- Followed an extremely light and efficient Agile process, adapted to be most easily applied in order to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef & Jenkins .
- Perform Artifactory specific tasks - upload newer versions of artifacts to Artifactory.
- Configured and administered Nexus and Artifactory Repository Manager.
- Managed servers on the AWS Web Services platform instances using Chef .
- Integrated AWS Cloud Watch with AWS EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Work with our engineering teams to build and improve continuous integration pipelines for deployment into our Docker platform.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes .
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each buckets, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each buckets.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker Containers. Worked on Open source development tools like Docker Containers, Mesos, Kubernetes . Also worked on GitHub .
- Advised Opensource Kubernetes and Docker projects and design discussions in the Cloud Native Computing foundation.
- Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins , our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in. Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI 's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Experience with an in-depth level of understanding in the strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud-Specific technologies including EC2 , EBS , S3 , VPC , RDS , SES , ELB , EMR , ECS, Cloud Front , Cloud Formation , Elastic Cache , Cloud Watch , RedShift , Lambda , SNS , DynamoDB .
- Managing Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tool such as Chef . Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch .
- Hands on experience in EC2 , VPC , Subnets , Routing tables , Internet gateways , IAM , Route53 , VPC peering, S3 , ELB , RDS , Security Groups , CloudWatch , SNS on AWS .
- Create AMI images of critical AWS EC2 instances as backup.
- Configured AWS Virtual Private Cloud environment and networking inside the VPC .
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling , Elastic Load Balance , AMI s and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef .
- Worked closely with the networking team to configure F5 load balancer to route requests to the WebSphere and Apache/Tomcat server.
- Worked on F5 load balancer to create rules for creating VIP, checking configurations.
- Installation and Configuration of Applications running on Linux and Solaris servers.
- Maintain F5 Load balancer for CPU and memory utilization and traffic move.
- Involved in installation, configuration and user management of WebSphere Application Server on Linux.
- Responsible for general WAS admin tasks like stop and start of Application Servers.
- Managing shared libraries of applications being deployed on WebSphere Application Servers.
- Written cookbooks for WebSphere , apache Tomcat , Node.js .
- Used Nexus Repository and Integrated Jenkins with UDeploy for continuous deployment and Created UDeploy Components, UDeploy process, installed UDeploy agents on both windows and Linux machines according to application team requirements.
- Get requirements for every release and make UDeploy design changes and developed, maintained and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Helped developers in creating UDeploy snapshots, adding version to the snapshot during production installs.
Environment : Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, UNIX, Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Chef, WebSphere, F5 Load balancer, Tomcat, Apache, Ruby, Shell scripts, Oracle, Service Now, Version One, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform.
- Installing and configuring Linux using manual and automated tools.
- Maintained necessary back-up of the important files and documented Linux scripts for future reference.
- Installing, configuring and administering CI tool Jenkins on Linux machines.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins .
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports
- Experienced with writing build jobs using Maven and integrate that with Jenkins .
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Provided end-user training for all Git users to effectively use the tool.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of Chef-client nodes for provisioning.
- Created Chef Cook Books to deploy new software and plugins as well as manage deployments to the production Jenkins server.
- Testing of cookbooks with chef-spec .
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Worked with cluster mode RabbitMQ used as message queue in OpenStack .
- Involved in the automated deployment of Open Stack Clouds in data centers and availability zones.
- Installed and configured Jenkins Enterprise with 5 masters.
- Manage configuration of multiple environments using OpenStack and GIT
- Involved in Chef-infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Decisive and effective Quality and Operations manager skilled in leading cross-functional teams to meet customer quality and production demands with deadlines.
- Extensively worked on Mesos cluster environment for application deployments & Docker containers.
- Install, upgrade and maintain internal Linux infrastructure with Red Hat, Apache among other applications and services.
- Installing, Configuring and maintaining application on Tomcat Servers.
- Written cookbooks for WebSphere, and apache Tomcat.
- Administration of Tomcat manually and automation with Chef .
- Troubleshoot and maintained all networking devices and infrastructure across the enterprise including switches.
- Worked closely with management to implement sweeping changes to their development processes and procedures, customizing JIRA and Confluence to take the forefront of the new systems.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
Environment : LINUX - Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Jenkins, Git, Docker, Chef, F5 Load balancer, Tomcat, Ruby, Shell scripts, Oracle, Jira.
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
DevOps Engineer/Linux Administrator
- Installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, CentOS and RedHat Linux.
- Installs, upgrades and manages packages via RPM and YUM package management
- Installs Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Installs, configures and supports Apache on Linux production servers.
- Created and managed User Accounts and Permissions on Linux servers.
- Troubleshooting boot issue on Linux Server.
- Manages Patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problem.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues traveling to remote sites to maintain functionality and support seamless and ongoing operations.
- Manages systems routine backup, scheduling jobs and enabling cron jobs.
- Managing Log Files - Syslog (Linux) management with Log rotate utility and servers remotely using SSH consoles.
- Creates Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center.
- Installs Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Supported Gitlab issues related to merge, clone, access, plugins, hooks, and services.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus) and Continuous delivery environment ( puppet ).
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Created Custom Puppet modules for bootstrapping new servers with required application dependencies and packages.
- Written Puppet manifests for deployment and configurations. Deployed Puppet DB.
- Created puppet modules to install tools in Linux and mac slaves for running Jenkins builds. Implemented Automated Application Deployment using Puppet .
- Modified the Puppet files according to the requirement of application.
- Implement the supporting platform for Open Stack Infrastructure on the cloud that all services and applications will rely upon.
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios , with Puppet automation.
- Expert in deploying the code through application servers like Apache Tomcat and Puppet for the deployment of servers with custom scripts.
- Experience configuring and managing Puppet master server and also experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients.
- Debug and resolve Pre-Post OpenStack deployment failures.
- Deploying the OpenStack components on multimode with High availability environment.
Environment : Jenkins, JIRA, Sonar, Nexus, Maven, Puppet, Shell Script, Open stack, LINUX/UNIX, Solaris 9,10&11, VM Ware, Git, Nagios.