- Skilled DevOps Engineer with 8+ years of hands - on experience supporting, automating, building and deploying applications by adopting DevOps practices such as Continuous development, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) in runtime with various tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes and managing cloud services with Azure & AWS and understanding the melding of operations and development to quickly deliver code to customers
- Experience on complete software development life cycle (SDLC) with software development models like Agile, Scrum Model, JIRA, Waterfall models
- Experience in installing and administrating tools like Git/Bit bucket, Jenkins, Teamcity, SonarQube, Rundeck, Octopus deploy, Ansible etc.,
- Major focus on Configuration, SCM, Build/Release Management, Infrastructure as a code (IAC) and as Azure DevOps operations Production and cross platform environments
- Experienced in working on DevOps /Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation Environment, Incident and Change Management) including various tools
- Implemented a complete automated build-release solution using a combination of technologies like Maven, TFS, Jenkins
- Experience in setting up CICD pipeline integrating various tools with Jenkins to build and run Terraform jobs to create infrastructure in AWS
- Successful in setting up the Automated CICD Process from scratch with the different tools like Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, MSBuild, Mstest, Maven/Gradle, Sonar, Jfrog Artifactory/Nexus and Octopus/Rundeck
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations
- Profusely worked on Version control tools GIT , clear case to track changes made by different people in source code involving concepts like Branching, Merging and Tags
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively using build plugins in Maven
- Installing and configuring applications like Docker tool and Kubernetes for orchestration purpose
- Collaborated with different teams to achieve the work force and escalations to meet the requirements
- Source Controls: AccuRev, SVN, TFS, GIT and Bitbucket
- Atlassian tools: Bitbucket, SourceTree, JIRA, Confluence
- Build Servers (CI tools): Jenkins2.0/Teamcity
- Deployment tools: SCCM, Rundeck, Octopus, Transporter and Knowledge with CA Nolio
- Cloud Services: Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Scripting: Batch, Shell, PowerShell, Python
- Static code analysis tools: SonarQube
- Application security: Checkmarx
- Containers: Docker
- Clusters: Knowledge on Kubernetes clusters
- Binary Repositories: Nexus/Jfrog Artifactory and S3
- Servers: Windows and LINUX servers Administration
- Build tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle and MSBuild
- Configuration management tools: Ansible and knowledge on Chef and Puppet
- Databases: My SQL, SQL Server
- Major role in DevOps Workflow representing all stages starting from SCM Commit Build, Integration Build which compiles Code, Junit Test cases and Code Coverage, Build and Bundle, Publish with Lead Approvals and Deployment of Artifacts.
- Create and configure Jenkins server using Terraform and Ansible.
- Use of Docker, Kubernetes, and Open Shift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using AWS (Linux/ Ubuntu/ RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Installed applications on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Managed IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, design and refine the workflows used to grant access.
- Integrated with Team City and Octopus for the continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Enhanced existing automated Build/Deploy process and architect the next generation centralized deployment processes using Octopus.
- Automated and tested the Build and deployment of the CRM product on Smoke, DEV Environment using power shell and Octopus tool.
- Provisioned EC2 instances configured auto scaling and defining cloud formation JSON templates using Ansible modules.
- Administrated and Implemented TFS, Maintained and Migrated TFS&TFS 2012\2013 support.
- Implemented Branching and Merging concepts TFS 2012 and GIT.
- Accomplished tasks of client SCM team and worked on the migration of existing code repository from ClearCase multisite to TFS.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers. Created Docker images and deployed them on the Cloud.
- Was a part of build and design the DevOps architecture i.e., Continuous integration pipeline for the Projects (Builds, testing, deployment, matrices collection).
- Strong working experience on Automate system configuration of application servers using configuration management tools like Docker and Chef.
- Hands on experience with configuring multiple Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, templates and attributes on workstations to be deployed to various chef nodes. Expertise with build automation tools like Maven.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Proficient in Writing Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances.
Confidential, Smithfield, RI
- Admin for GIT/Bitbucket source control and managed the repos with limiting the user access to repos.
- Setup a continuous build and deployment job which will pull the latest code from the source control then compile the dependent applications using MSBuild, run the test cases using Nunit and Mstest, publish the nugget packages, then push the code to SonarQube to run the static code analysis. Then the continuous deployment would pick the packages and deploy them to the right servers.
- Worked on environment provisioning solutions using Docker and Redhat satellite.
- Worked on implementing the configuration management tool Ansible on spinning up the servers and installing the services.
- Using the deployment tool Octopus for the deployments where I ’ ve scheduled different projects for deploying Provisioning web server, database deployments, App services, Web API ’ s and websites .
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using Octopus Deploy and PowerShell.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
- Created Route tables and Internet gateways at VPC level to provide accessibility from datacenter.
- Created sprints, epics and stories in Jira as part of integrating and assigning the work among the team.
- Expert in User Management and Plugin Management for Jenkins.
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up monolithic app into microservices, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability, and optimizing speed.