I am a PHP developer skilled at front - end and back-end work, specifically on WordPress sites. As a current employee at a very small startup, I am interested in eventually transitioning to a company where I can work in a slightly larger team environment. I am eager to put my wide range of skills to work while learning new technologies and tips from other experienced engineers.
WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, St. Marys, KS
Full Stack WordPress / PHP Developer
- Made business and design decisions at a startup; researched and selected appropriate software libraries, plugins, and packages for business needs.
- Re-engineered database structure to mirror new and improved design changes; wrote new MySQL queries, procedures and views
- Set up synchronization of third-party Learndash LMS with the business's unique management of student coursework on the backend
- Streamlined student enrollment process, both on front and back-end
- Used Canvas.js to display charts of student academic progress over courses and lessons, and wrote script to automatically email these charts
- Set up and improved responsive pages with CSS and Bootstrap
- Used ImageMagick PHP library and miniPaint editor to create a web based image markup app
- Developed a custom WordPress plugin to manage courses, books, and users for the school
- Integrated the WooCommerce API with business’s custom management of products, and with the complex enrollment system
- Wrote several backend PHP scripts to handle the business’s complex customer notification needs
- Designed and debugged a customized FTP server as part of a C# .NET app
Confidential, Denver, OR