- Over 6+ years of extensive experience in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on cloud environments and Data centers. Experience in the areas of DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline, Build and release management, AWS/Azure and Linux/Windows Administration.
- Involved in designing and deploying applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, ELB, EBS, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, IAM, KMS, Lambda, Kinesis) and focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation, deployment services (OpsWorks and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail).
- Experienced in cloud automation using, AWS cloud Formation Templates, Chef and Puppet.
- Implemented multiple CI/CD pipelines as part of DevOps role for on-premises and cloud-based software using Jenkins, Chef and AWS/Docker.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, GoCD, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Puppet, Terraform and AWS
- Configured and managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to implement fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications, thus providing high reliability and efficient usage.
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, etc.
- Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP (Google Cloud Platform). Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- AWS and OpenStack to provision new machines for clients. S3 Storage Services on AWS
- Developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet supporting Chef Environment with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Experience in developing puppet modules (blue prints) for installation, configuration and continuous integration (CI) using combination of puppet master, git, R10Kwrapper, Openstack (Horizon), Vagrant and Jenkins.
- Continuous Delivery setups with Puppet by creating manifest and maintain templates for different environments. Migration of shell scripts into Puppet Manifests.
- Wrote Puppet code to provision infrastructure including LAMP stacks, Oracle middleware, Artifactory and Docker.
- Experience in Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, and Automation like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, GitHub, Clear Case, Tomcat, and Linux.
- Utilize Cloud formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Having good hands-on experience with Apache Kafka
- Implemented CI/CD for J2EE, SOA & Micro services Architecture Environment (NodeJS, .Net Core, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis) using Jenkins.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plugins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Experience of Linux kernel resistive and capacitive touch screen driver module. Well versed with integration of drivers in Android.
- Expertise in debugging and Analyzing Kernel crash and memory dump to find and fix development and field issues
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Also experienced the Methodologies & Validations to ensure Quality Assurance Control.
- Experience in creating fully automated infrastructure for CI/CD processes with Docker, Jenkins (Cloudbees), Sonar Cube, VMWare, RHEL, Satellite, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Ansible & GitLab.
- Used VMware, VSphere, VCenter to create VMs and managed these VMs on various ESX hosts.
- Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS, Azure, RackSpace).
- Managed Nodes, RunLists, roles, environments, dataBags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef.
- Strong understanding in writing the automation of processes using the shell script with bash and Python
- Building servers with jumpstart using Kickstart, CD on timely basis, along with corporate wide requirements
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Azure, OpenStack, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Virtualization: VMware ESX/ESXI, Windows Hyper-V, vSphere 5.x, Datacenter Virtualization, Power VM, Virtual Box, Citrix Xen, KVM.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7, CentOS, Fedora, SUSE LINUX, UNIX, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Windows 2000/2003/XP/vista/7/8/10, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Sun Solaris 8/9/10/11, HPUX 10.x/11.x
Automation/configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Jenkins, Hudson, GoCD, Bamboo, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes, ANT, Maven.
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10), WebSphere Apache 1.3.x, Apache 2.0.x, and ngnix, IIS
Database Technologies: DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, RDS, NoSQL- MongoDB, Cassandra DB, DynamoDB
Scripting languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, HTML5, PHP, Bash/shell Scripting, PowerShell Scripting YAML, JSON.
Networking/Protocol: FTP/SFTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, DHCP, NFS, Cisco Routers, Juniper Routers
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN (Subversion), CVS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Logstash and Kibana(ELK), CloudWatch, CloudTrial, Dynatrace
Volume Manager: VERITAS Volume manager, LVM
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Worked with Windows, Linux and AWS teams to resolve issues and plan for infrastructure changes.
- Provided documentation of solutions for VMWare, Windows, Linux and AWS teams.
- Set up preconfigured RHEL5.x and 6.x on local and in the cloud on AWS EC2 and defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Built scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and made some changes in the POM.xml file.
- Launching EC2 instances and involved in AWS RDS, S3, Load Balancing, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Lambda, Cloud Watch.
- Used AWS Route53, to route the traffic between different availability zones. Deployed and supported Mem - cache/AWS Elastic-Cache and then Configured Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) for routing traffic between zones.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and AMIs, Auto-scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Implemented cloud services IAAS, PAAS, and SaaS which include Openstack, Docker and Openshift.
- Worked on NoSQL database DynamoDB to process large data documents.
- Migrated the production SQL server schema to the new AWS RDS Aurora instance. Wrote SQL queries and worked on administration for optimizing and increasing the performance of database.
- Created Continuous Delivery Pipeline with, Kubernetes and GoCD
- Installed and administered Docker and worked with Docker for convenient environment setup for development and testing with GoCD.
- Developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium and JMeter images, and ElasticSearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK & EFK) etc.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Worked on the Docker ecosystem with a bunch of open source tool like Docker machine, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Builds deployments on Docker containers.
- Used the JIRA, Confluence for bug tracking, creating the dashboard for issues.
- Carried automated Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration(CI) tool Jenkins.
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Ant.
- Managing and optimize the Continuous Integration using Jenkins, Bamboo and troubleshoot the deployment build issues using the trigged logs.
- Wrote multiple cookbooks in Chef and implemented environments, roles and Data Bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Implemented Chef Knife and Cookbooks by Ruby scripts for Deployment on internal Data Centre Server and reused same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into EC2 instances.
- Deployed Puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Automation of DPDK tests using Shell & Powershell and created Jenkins pipe-line for DPDK daily build validation.
- Evaluate Chef and Puppet framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Deployed Mcollective for orchestration. Wrote custom mcollective plugins to deal specifically with our needs.
- Deployment automation using Puppet along with Hiera Data on Mcollective orchestration engines and writing manifests and modules for different micro services.
- Responsible for deploying SSL Certsacross AWS ELB and CloudFront.
- Template creation in JSON format for CloudFormation to create/modify multiple Stacks.
- Worked on authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in maven internal repository.
- Develop and maintain web applications from conception to production using the LAMP STACK.
- Wrote new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT, Subversion(SVN)/BitBucket.
- Monitored Application and Servers through Nagios, Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx.
- Involved working with a PaaS solution such as RedHat Openshift.
- Wrote Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Worked with VMWare tools like vCenter & vSphere to manage VM's running on ESX cluster nodes and experience working vMotion.
- Worked on implementation team to build and engineer servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux. Provisioning virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using vCloud.
- Managed and Architected virtual servers.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Jenkins, GoCD, Linux, VMware, vCenter, vSphere and vMotion, RHEL, Satellite, OpenShift, Artifactory, GitHub, SVN, Chef, Puppet Mcollective, Puppet Hiera, Nagios, Ruby, Python, LAMP, PowerShell, Ubuntu, CloudFormation, Bamboo, Apache, Terraform, Nginx.
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Experienced Cloud and DevOps engineer in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, AZURE Cloud environments and Data centers.
- Expertise in configuring the monitoring and alerting tools according to the requirement like AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, Dynatrace, Nagios, Splunk Enterprise, SNMP monitoring for the VPN connections.
- Written Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Migration of applications from older Sun/Solaris hardware over to HP blade environment running RedHat Linux (RHEL4, 5, and 6. P2V migrations of hardware servers to VMWare environment running on ESX V4.1 servers (HP Proliant hardware). Ongoing maintenance and support of several hundred Solaris and RHEL servers, operating with a wide variety of applications, running on both physical and virtual machines.
- Worked on Acronis Agent Installation, backing up the Physical Server, deploying the New VM on KVM hypervisor.
- RedHat Virtualization (RHEV) for virtualization.
- Managing and deploying RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL6) on the network to optimized and efficient standards.
- Created, deployed, configured and administered Virtual Guest operating systems within VMWare ESX.
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using LogStash to output data to AWS S3
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, and Bash Scripts. Adopted new features as they were released by Amazon, including ELB&EBS.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server - less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via terraform.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare, Vagrant and worked with containerizing applications like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Create automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MSSQL, MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB in AWS.
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools git/ git-Lab, Jenkins/Hudson, ANT, Maven, Build Forge, Docker-registry/daemon, Nexus and JIRA for Multi-Environment (Local/POC/NON-PROD/PROD) with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Boot strapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates. Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible) and experienced in writing Ansible scripts.
- Experienced in configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, etc.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter using Azure ExpressRoute for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- Design, install, administer, and optimize hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity (i.e. Azure AD, ADFS, SSO & VPN Gateways)
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Leveraged "Azure Automation" and PowerShell, Chef and Ansible to automate processes in the Azure Cloud
- Implemented and maintained Ansible Configuration management spanning several environments in Vrealize and the AWS cloud.
- Configured Subclipse (Subversion plugin for Eclipse) and trained developers to utilize its various features Extensively used Ant, Maven, Perl and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks.
- Integration with Splunk for API traffic monitoring and health checks.
- Played a key role in converting 600+ existing Jenkins jobs into the new pipeline process.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and wrote recipes in Ruby Script to install and configured Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script.
- Involved in Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys.
- Created Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, ApacheSpark and other applications.
Environment: Red hat Linux 7.x, VMware, VSphere, AWS, AZURE, Chef, puppet, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes, ANT, Maven, Ruby, Shell, Python, WebLogic Server 11g, Load Balancers, WLST, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Virtualization, Configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server 2.4, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, SVN, GitHub, Nagios, Splunk.
Confidential - Boise, ID
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Maven over diff environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring perational best practices are supported.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Build and Deployment CI/CD Pipelines.
- Performed SVN to GIT/BitBucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow. Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in BitBucket.
- Created, Configured and Administered Jenkins servers with Master - slave configurations as needed.
- AWSEC2/VPC/S3/Route53/IAM/Cloud Formation/ELB based infrastructure automation through CHEF, Vagrant, Bash Scripts.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using CHEF.
- Automation of infrastructure by creating scripts of CHEF.
- Create release pipelines using GIT, CHEF for automatic workflow.
- Created Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines for the build and deployment automation in place.
- Worked with CHEF Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to CHEF-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications /Services /Packages using CHEF as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with CHEF Cookbooks
- Performed deployment of Amazon EC2 instances in AWS environment. Performed EC2 instances provisioning on AWS environment and implemented security groups, administered VPCs.
- Experience in using Deployment tools like Build Forge, IBM Urban code/UDeploy.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Implemented Docker to provision slaves dynamically as needed. Created and Maintained Docker files in Source Code Repository build images and ran containers for applications and testing purposes. Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Utilize Cloud Formation and PUPPET by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology
- Implemented PUPPET Master, PUPPET Console and PUPPET Agents, Create PUPPET modules and Classes.
Environment: AWS, ANT, Jenkins, Git, Web Sphere, CHEF, JBoss Application Servers, Apache Tomcat, Agile/Scrum, PUPPET, SDLC, Docker, Windows, Linux, ElasticSearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK & EFK) etc.