- Over 5 years of professional IT experience in Software Development, involved in DevOps, Testing, Configuration Management, Build and Deployment Automation, Source Code Repository and Environment Management, Implementation and Maintenance of application software in Web and Cloud/Server Environments, Azure and Amazon Web Service.Excellent understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Expertise in Automation, Configuring, Deploying utilizing AWS stack such as EC2, ECS, Lambda, ELB, S3, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, API Gateway Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS, Security Groups and also AWS CLI.
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers and migrating on - premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Experience in Designing AZURE Resource Manager (ARM) templates and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Worked in an environment of Amazon Web Services (AWS) products gained good knowledge in Elastic Cloud Computing, Simple Storage Services, Cloud Formation, Glacier, Block Storage, Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Lambda, Virtual Private Cloud, Load balancing, Relational Database Service and Cloud Watch.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, and NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications, database templates and expertise in architecting secure VPC solutions in AWS with the help of Network ACLs, Security groups, public and private network configurations.
- Managing security groups on AWS, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling using Terraform templates and also Hands on experience in Architecting Legacy Data Migration projects such as Teradata to AWS Redshift, migration, Teradata to Snowflake Migration, AWS Cloud from on-premises.
- Experience in provision of configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform and Ansible. In addition to deployment tools like SVN, GIT, terraform, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Cruise Control, Jenkins, and Bamboo.
- Expertise in the areas of Application server installation, upgrades, patches, tuning, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, application deployments, container management, support and documentation of standards, environments and procedures for the administration of all supported environments.
- Proficient in Writing Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Experience creating pods and clusters in Kubernetes and deploy those using Open Shift. Good understanding of Open shift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Experience in execution of XML, Ruby, Shell, Perl, Java, Bash, PowerShell and Python scripts to automate tasks.
- Experience in managing automated multiple continuous integrated depots and branch builds on Bamboo, Hudson, Buildforge, Jenkins, TeamCity, and AnthillPro on a network server.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as Subversion (SVN), Perforce, Source tree, Ivy, ClearCase, GIT, TFS and Clear Case on Linux and Windows Environment.
- Experience on .NET, build automation and unit testing scripting and maintaining code repository, create, document, and manage our branching and merging patterns.
- Experience in designing for high availability, building multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across appropriate SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies.
- Experience using cloud providers and API’s for Amazon (AWS) EC2, S3, VPC with Cloud Sigma (EU) EBS, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, Dynamo DB, GFS storage, Route 53 and setting up instances behind the Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) in AWS for high availability.
- Configured dashboard in Elastic, Logstash & Kibana (ELK). Used ELK to setup real time logging and analytics for continuous delivery pipelines & applications.
- Extensive experience in building and deployment of the application by using build tools like ANT, Maven. Used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Experienced in Build Automation tools like ANT, MAVEN and MS Build scripts for build and deployment. And experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Experienced with design, configuration and implementation of Nagios an d monitored run scripts remotely via Nagios remote plugin Executor.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining the Webservers like Apache, Tomcat and App servers like WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss. Experience in load balancing and monitoring with Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, Dynatrace etc.
- Installation and implementation of AppDynamics on all Prod and Non-Prod environment for monitoring of all java and .net applications.
- Excellent Knowledge in System health & performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and remediation, including visualization tools such as graphite, New Relic, Nagios/Icinga, datadog etc.
- Good experience with Shell Scripting and Python scripting. And python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS Cloud and hands-on Engineering. And writing, Bash, Perl Shell, Python Scripting to automate system administration tasks.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Experienced in Handled migration of 2500+ Applications with 3000+ Databases implementation of SQL Web Replication. And use Amazon RDS, MongoDB and My SQL to p erform basic database administration.
Cloud Environments: AWS, GCP, MS Azure, Open Stack, PCF
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Debian Ubuntu), Unix, Windows
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOps
Java Technologies: Java SE, Multi-threading, Event Handling
Container Tools: Docker
Cluster Managers: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, OpenShift, Mesos
Version Control Tools: Subversion(SVN), Git, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
Build/Automation Tools: Gradle, Maven, Ant
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch, ELK Stack, Datadog, AppDynamics
Scripting: Bash/Shell, Python, Ruby, JSON, PHP
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, Mongo DB, Dynamo DB
Web Servers: Apache HTTP, Nginx
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTPD, JBoss, Web Logic
Networking: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP
Repository Management tools: Artifactory, Nexus, Docker Hub
Virtualization Technologies: VMware vSphere ESXi 6 .x, VMware Workstation
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, HTTP, Bootstrap, Xml and PHP
Bug/Ticket Tracking Tools: JIRA, Cherwell, Remedy, Bugzilla
Testing Tools: Selenium, Junit, Cucumber
Other Tools: TFS, Confluence, RabbitMQ, HipChat
Confidential, Pitsburg, PA
Sr. Cloud Devops Engineer
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, CloudFront, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, and IAM through AWS cloud Formation templates and used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using almost all the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Experience on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation. Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Used Bash and Python, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Migrated an existing on-premises application to AWS. Used AWS services like EC2 and S3 for small data sets processing and storage, Running of Apache Hadoop, Elastic MapReduce(EMR) on (EC2).
- Experienced in Maintaining the Hadoop cluster on AWS EMR.
- Experience in building new application and deployment through Ansible and managing in production environment. Created Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes.
- Experience with major Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera (preferred), MapR, BigInsights, or Amazon EMR is essential.
- Experience building platforms and deploying cloud based tools and solutions with technologies like AWS EMR, RDS.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested the written Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and responsible for running Ansible Scripts to Provide Configurations to Web and Application servers.
- Experience in Azure Platform Development, Hosted Cloud services, Platform as a service and Windows Azure Multi-Factor Authentication projects. Wrote Shell scripts and Perl, Bash, Ruby and Python scripts to automate the deployments.
- Created PowerShell scripts, groovy scripts and windows batch commands as part of Jenkins\Octopus CI\CD setup
- Created Elastic Containers, Elastic Load balancers, Application Load balancers, defined security groups as part of Jenkins-Fargate CI\CD setup.
- Created and managed Linux machine to handle Jenkins-Fargate CICD setup from the scratch.
- Experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and SQL Azure and in Azure web and database deployments.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested the written Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and responsible for running Ansible Scripts to Provide Configurations to Web and Application servers.
- Configured and managed environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD on OpenStack for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Installed and configured the Jenkins, Jenkins plugins, job setup, pipeline and delivery pipeline views and build automation using Jenkins server .
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy . Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server .
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Defined Terraform modules such as Compute, Network, Operations, and Users to reuse in different environments.
- Expertise in working with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation and extensively used Auto scaling launch configuration templates for launching amazon EC2 instances while deploying microservices.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with GitHub, Jenkins, Docker and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, automatically, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server attempts to build a new Docker container from it, the Docker container has the AMI baked in and leverages Linux containers.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker on GCP. Utilized Kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes on multiple clouds, helped to bridge the gap between developers and operations by providing the same environment with the help of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Built and managed the Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, used the Kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy the code. Setup JFrog Artifactory on AWS, single copy of any binary is ever stored on this file system.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS Services which includes ELB, Cloud front, Lambda, database security and application configuration also Developed to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda, CloudWatch.
- Develop a Power Shell scripting, Bash script to automate Active Directory and server tasks and Generate reports for administrators and management. And Created Azure Power shell script for APIM backup and restore operations.
Environment: AWS (EC2, Lambda, S3), AWS CLI, Chef, Ansible, Openstack, GIT, Jenkins, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Groovy, Gradle, Maven, JIRA, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, ELK, Python script, JAVA MySQL, Linux, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Nginix, Nagios, GIT, Route 53, S3, VPC, Auto scaling, ELB, EMR, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment, Python, Azure, JFrog.
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Developed, build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and Involved in editing the existing Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Experienced Cloud and DevOps engineer in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, AZURE Cloud environments and Data centers. Used Azure Express Route to set up a private connection to Microsoft cloud services such as a Microsoft Azure, Office 365.
- Experience in c reating storage pool and stripping of disk for AZURE virtual machines. Worked with AZURE infrastructure management ( AZURE web roles, worker roles, SQL AZURE, AZURE AD licences). Virtual machine backup and recover from a recover services vault using Azure PowerShell and Porta.
- Migrated Terratest to Azure Terraform modules to automate infrastructure code verification and also created new Terraform module performance. Deployed Azure services using Terraform and implemented tests using Golangs, Docker and Travis CI.
- Worked on Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD. Integrate on-premises Windows AD tenants and Configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise-grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Build and configured Azure MySQL database and ensured database stability and performance efficiency. This includes evaluation of databases and associated servers with configuration on improving performance, Maintenance and optimization of database operations.
- Created a fully CI/CD process. Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code build promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson and GitHub. Build Java code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule. Developed and deployed a variety of .Net framework applications including MVC or Razz.
- Worked on configuring Event management system, Mid Server’s, Discovery rules, ITOM, ITSM in ServiceNow for building Automated Infrastructure. We get Automatic updates when someone Created incidents in ServiceNow.
- Built Nagios for Synthetic Transaction Monitoring to keep track and provide DELL website more reliable to Customers and configured alerting system in Nagios to create tickets if any problem occurred in DELL Website.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion , and GitLab , Mercurial and used Source code management client tools like Git Bash , GitHub , Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible Tower, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Creating inventory and configuring the ansible.cfg files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process.
- Automated Data structures validation of the configuration files using Python Scripting Designed and Developed Log management framework using Python Language to collect log directories from various Yard server Automated Manual Build deployment procedure using Python Scripting.
- Implemented docker -maven-plugin in and maven pom to build docker images for all microservices and later used Dockerfile to build the docker images from the java jar files.
- Worked on several Docker components such as Docker Engine, Machine, Creating Docker Images, Compose, Docker Hub and handle multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Worked on continuous integration and continuous deployments. Worked Jenkins/Hudson as CI tools. Configured security, SSH, Gradle/Maven from Jenkins and managed various third party plugins.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN) and GIT and involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Extensively Used Jenkins as Continuous Integration tools to deploy the Spring Boot Microservices to AWS Cloud and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using build pack.
- Jenkins is Built on Docker container and the master controller Kubernetes controls pods. Designing and implementing Container orchestration systems with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes .
- Creating Cloud Formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud and automating the installation of software through PowerShell scripts.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Employed automation, utilizing PowerShell and batch scripting best practices and Cloud Formation templates, to ensure repeatable deployments and for automating the AMI image deployment.
- Worked with Terraform for automating VPC's, ELB's, security group's, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, Chef, and Cloud Formation/Terraform.
- Collaborated AWS infrastructure via Cloud Formation to perform tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
Environment: SVN, AWS, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Nexus, Confluence, Apache Tomcat, Chef, Find Bugs, Service now, AWS, EC2, Agile,AWS, Subversion, GIT, JIRA, Ant, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Chef, Puppet, Nagios, Splunk, GCP, Nexus Artifactory, SQL, Confluence, Java, Node.JS, SSH, TELNET, FTP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, NIS, TCP/IP, C++, Python, Shell, LINUX, UNIX, Bitbucket.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Application of automations tools like Chef, Ansible, DevOps based on the requirements.
- Worked on creating pipeline to automate application deployment on Kubernetes using Jenkins Deployed and administered EKS clusters on AWS native services.
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools Git/Git-Lab, Jenkins/Hudson, ANT, Maven, Build Forge, Docker-Registry/Daemon, Nexus and JIRA for Multi-Environment (Local/POC/NON-PROD/PROD) with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform.
- Worked in an A gile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) product in an open source environment using tools like Puppet, Jenkins.
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests and modules to automate the deployment process and to integrating Puppet manifests into Jenkins jobs for a Continuous Delivery (CD) framework.
- Wrote AWS Lambda functions in python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Gradle and Ant, Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS usingRoute53 Managing users and groups using the amazon identity access management (IAM).
- Install and configure Amazon command line interface tools Performed migrations of virtual servers from Ubuntu OpenVZ physical server’s to AWSEC2.
- Working with AWS Cloud computing and involved in creating AWS instances and deployed Linux and Ubuntu on AWS environment and Expertise in migrating applications onto AWS.
- Lead the rewrite of a massive Chef code base to make cookbooks compostable and testable, and to facilitate the migration from Ubuntu to CentOS. And Implemented Chef best-practices to facilitate a more natural cookbook development work flow
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on AWS environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built. designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Created new Bamboo plans for builds and also cloned existing Bamboo plans along with creating new deployment projects in Bamboo. Continuous testing was implemented by using JUnit plugin in Bamboo build plan.
- Maintained Bamboo agents that are owned by the team by updating the JDK versions accordingly and updated the old Artifactory URL with the new one in settings.xml file for 32 Bamboo agents.
- Helped developers with version control system tasks such as branching, merging, and cherry-pick changes. Worked on SCM tools like SVN. Perform maintenance and upgrade Continuous Integration Systems.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot releases and release artifacts to nexus to share artifacts across the projects. Used Build tools like maven for building and deploying artifacts such as WAR from source code.
- Developed DevOps scripts in Groovy to automate and collection analysis of Cassendra. Written some Groovy Scrips for setting up LDAP configuration for Jenkins using security matrix.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle Knowledge on Docker Hub creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Create and maintain a library of Groovy scripts to validate the function of TCH and third-party applications. Groovy scripts will be developed from a combination of vendor documentation and / or internally developed specifications. Review application failures and update the Groovy scripts with the goal of preventing future production failures.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker Utilized Kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automation the build processes. Create Jenkins job to build the artifacts using maven, deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines by integrating Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow.
- Developing modules, manifests, Resources and Run lists, managing the Puppet client nodes, and upload the modules to puppet-server from Git local repos.
- Worked with various DevOps tools SVN and GIT for Version/Source control, Jenkins, Maven for Build Management, and Nagios for monitoring and Splunk for Log management.
- Our monitoring services consisted of nagios, scout, pagerduty, New Relic, and Air Brake.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, set up the elastic search ELK Stack to collect search and analyze log files from across the servers and integration of Application with monitoring tool New Relic for complete insight and proactive monitoring.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, Configuration management and patching through Ansible. Automated using Ansible, Python, Perl or shell scripting with attention to detail, standardization, processes and policies.
- Intermediate to advanced level expertise in setting up and maintaining code repositories (GIT).
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) tools Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Conducted application readiness assessment including application mapping to understand application dependencies.
- Integrated and implemented a complete cloud services framework (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) and cloud deployment model (private, public, and hybrid)
- Created Chef Cookbooks and wrote recipes in Ruby Script to install and configured Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script.
- Experience working with Chef Enterprise and Chef Open Source, Chef DK, Chef Workstation, Chef Server, Chef-Client.
- Working experience with continuous integration environments (preferably Jenkins/maven).
- Created a build environment for Java / Grails using Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, and a number of reporting tools.
- Strong knowledge of developing cross-platform/browser compatible, dynamic applications for web and/or mobile.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
Environment: Kubernetes, Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Chef, Puppet, Nagios, Splunk, GCP, Nexus Artifactory, SQL, Confluence, Java, Node.JS, SSH, TELNET, FTP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, NIS, TCP/IP, C++, Python, Shell, LINUX, UNIX, Bitbucket.,SVN, AWS, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Nexus, Confluence, Apache Tomcat, Chef, Find Bugs, Service now, AWS, EC2, Agile,AWS, Subversion, GIT, JIRA, Ant, Gradle, Docker,