- Proficient on both AWS and Microsoft Azure Services such as Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Application Insights, and Logic Apps on Microsoft Azure classic and azure resource manager to support cloud services for SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS.
- Experienced in AWS cloud - specific technologies including EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFormation, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, Auto scaling groups, Cloud watch, Cloud Front, Lambda, SNS, Cloud Trail, Snowball and IAM for instantiating, configuring and managing various Amazon images for server migration from on-premise servers into cloud.
- Experienced with AWS Lambda functions to operate applications on serverless infrastructures. Used Lambda to trigger Amazon API Gateway to execute scripts in response to events in HTTP requests, S3 buckets, Amazon Dynamo DB table.
- Expertise in managing VPC configurations for organizations and maintaining networks, subnet ranges, ACLs, Internet Gateways, and routing tables.
- Experienced in configuring and deploying Azure Automation scripts for applications utilizing the Azure stack that including Compute, Blobs, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Database, Cloud services and ARM and utilities focusing on Automation.
- Hands on experience on building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently using Terraform and Ansible. Used Terraform module to create Multiple EC2 instances with custom configuration.
- Worked on rolling updates using the deployments feature in Kubernetes and implemented BLUE GREEN deployment to maintain zero downtime to deploy process in Tomcat, Nginx using Python and Shell Scripts to automate log rotation of logs from web servers and automating administration tasks.
- Expertise in using the container based Virtualized deployments using Docker, worked with all major components of Docker file, Images, Docker hub, Docker Daemon, Swarm and Docker registries and creating docker containers from existing Linux servers and saving it to docker hub.
- Extensively worked on Docker and Kubernetes for containerization, virtualization, Ship, Run and deploy the application securely to fasten Build, Release Engineering. Involved in Provisioning AWS Infrastructure using Terraform scripts from Jenkins. Expert in creating Pods using Kubernetes and using Jenkins pipelines to drive Micro Services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Implemented automation spinning of applications & their corresponding instances using Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet and SaltStack. Building Ansible inventory, managing ansible configuration files and Running ad-hoc commands and arbitrary commands on managed hosts. Working Experience on Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, Chef templates.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Teamcity, Spinakker, and Buildmaster.
- Good working knowledge in build tools like Graddle, Maven, Ant and building deployable artifacts such as Jar, War, Ear and Zip extension files and deploy the builds into Jfrog, and Nexus Artifactory.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion GIT, SVN, Bitbucket, and CodeCommit.
- Experienced in writing Ruby, Python, Shell, Bash, Perl, and PowerShell scripts to automate the deployments.
- Experience to setup monitoring tools such as Splunk, Prometheus, Sumo-Logic, Grafana, CloudWatch and Nagios.
- Utilized monitoring tool Nagios to identify and resolve infrastructure critical processes and integrated application logs with Splunk and wrote custom Splunk queries for alerting. Used CloudWatch to collect, process, analyze and monitor the data on AWS environment. Used Prometheus to analyze and monitor Kubernetes pods and Docker containers.
- Extensive experience in installation, Configuration, Updating, Support, and Maintenance of RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu in multiple Servers.
- Experienced in designing, developing, and supporting Web Applications involving Java/JEE technologies like Java, JSP, XML, JSON, Kafka, Spring, Struts, ESB, SOAP, SOA Integration and Restful Web Services.
- Strong base knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). In depth knowledge about Agile, Waterfall and Scrum methodologies and developed an ability of choosing best methodology depending on projects nature.
- Expertise querying and setting up environments for RDBMS like MYSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, PostgreSQL using SQL and NoSQL such as Dynamo DB, Mango DB.
- Well versed with various services like FTP, SFTP, SMTP, Send mail, Mailx, DHCP, NFS.
- Expert in deploying the code to web application servers like Nginx, TeamCity, Web Sphere, Web Logic, Tomcat and JBOSS.
- Expert in Redesigning infrastructure for high availability using multiple AWS availability zones and performance tuning and query optimization in AWS Redshift.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), OpenStack and PCF.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Spinnaker, Buildmaster, TravisC, TeamCity.
Continuous Deployment Tools: Docker, Kubernetes Clusters.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
Source Control Management Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN and CodeCommit
Build Tools: Maven, ANT and Gradle.
Tracking Tools: ServiceNow, JIRA and Orange Scrum.
Artifact Repositories: Nexus and JFrog Artifactory.
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Prometheus, Sumo-Logic, Grafana, CloudWatch and Nagios.
Web Servers and Application Servers: Nginx, TeamCity, Web Sphere, Web Logic, Tomcat and JBOSS.
Database: Amazon Aurora, Dynamo DB, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix and MAC OS.
Network Services and Topologies: LDAP, DNS, Web, FTP, Sub netting, LAN, VPC, WAN and Firewalls.
Cloud Migration, Infrastructure Spin-up Tools: Terraform, CloudFormation and Azure Resource Manager Templates.
Confidential, BOULDER, CO
Sr. Devops Cloud Engineer
- Worked on deploying, automating, and managing AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the high availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems. Automates provisioning servers with ansible playbook and Ad-hoc command.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDb, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Managed data warehouse using Amazon RedShift to analyze all data using SQL& existing business intelligence tools. Converted existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform.
- Worked with both Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, and managed Puppet Master, Agents &. Integration of Puppet with Apache.
- Managed EC2 Instances and disks using Puppet and ensuring environments for DEV, QA, BCP, UAT and PROD team with necessary tools and configuration to ensure blue green deployment.
- Used terraform to configure Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and secured it from malicious attacks using double layer protection from security groups (at instance level) and network access control lists (subnet level) and using NAT instance. Managed VPC environment and Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 buckets and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Provisioned AWS S3 buckets for backup of the application and sync this content with remaining s3 backups, by creating entry for AWS S3 SYNC in crontab.
- Worked on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GitHub. And analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and Git and Maintained history of all the repositories using Subversion and GIT.
- Integrated the GIT by using Webhooks and Scripted Rest API in ServiceNow to the information in ServiceNow database.
- Implemented Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Involved in editing the existing MAVEN files to check for errors or changes as of project requirements. Managed Maven project and dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Worked on authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in maven internal repository.
- Implemented CI/CD solutions to deploy to the target environments. Responsible for creating the Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines by integrating Jenkins with Maven, Docker, and GitHub and AWS.
- Configured the Kubernetes provider with Terraform which is used to interact with resources supported by Kubernetes to create several services such as Config Map, Namespace, Volume, Auto scaler, etc.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test and dev-environments also configuration automation using Docker containers. Developed Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipeline and orchestrated Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating master and node.
- Worked with monitoring tool Nagios to identify and resolve infrastructure critical processes and integrated application logs with Splunk and wrote custom Splunk queries for alerting.
- Worked on JIRA and Bugzilla for bug tracking issue and Automated the JIRA tasks using Perl and Jira cli.
Environment: Ansible, Puppet, Apache, EC2, Redshift, Lambda, Maven, DynamoDB, SVN, GITHUB, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, JIRA, Jenkins, JIRA, Bugzilla, Nagios.
Confidential, NEW JERSEY
Sr. Azure DevOps Engineer
- Worked in a team to perform various development activities for DevOps practices for the project, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous testing, and continuous monitoring. Set up Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines for Micro-services on an AZURE cloud using Azure App services and Created Web Apps on an Azure portal for deploying web applications.
- Worked on nested templates design to create Azure Resources for each environment by creating an automated build and release pipeline. Also, developed the automated pipelines for scoping the environment using variable groups.
- Migrated on premises servers to Azure. Configured VNETs and subnets as per the project requirement. Configure Azure blob storage and Azure file servers. Configured private and public facing Azure load Balancers etc.
- Working as Administrator on Microsoft Azure Cloud involved in configuring virtual machines. Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, fault tolerant systems on Azure Cloud (VSTS).
- Worked on Automating, Configuring Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers also designing Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates and custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Created a new Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) application and service principal that can be used with the role-based access control access to Azure Stack resources.
- Created Virtual Network with Frontend and Backend subnets, Network security group rules to these subnets by using JSON. Developed JSON Scripts for deploying the Pipeline in Azure Data Factory (ADF) that process the data using the SQL Activity.
- Responsible for Automation, Configuring and Deploying Azure Resources like ASE, App Service Plan, App Services, Application Gateway, API Management, Event Hub, Azure Service Bus, App Insights, Key Vault, SQL Managed Instance, Storage Account, Virtual Machines, Subnets, Virtual Networks.
- Secured the traffic between the two subnets using the virtual appliances and used defined routes to navigate the traffic between many subnets in V-Net and applied peering to connect one V-Net to another.
- Wrote YAML config files for Kubernetes deployments and built the pods and deployed the microservices in those pods. Scaled the Kubernetes pods as and when required for the microservices.
- Used Azure Container Registry to store the Docker Images and used those images to deploy to the Kubernetes pods.
- Wrote multiple Docker files that creates deployments, manage secrets from Azure Key Vault and use them in CI/CD pipelines and to build the microservices.
- Contributed creating Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, NAT subnets, NACLs in relation to Blue/green deployment strategy for Web application and database templates. Deployed Azure IaaS virtual Machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role Instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Configured Azure Automation DSC configuration management to assign permissions through RBAC, assign nodes to proper automation accounts and DSC configurations, to get alerted on any changes made to nodes and their configuration.
- Used Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) to deploy Kubernetes cluster in Azure. Created an AKS with the Azure CLI and used template driven deployment such as Resource Manager Templates and Terraform. Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts groups. Used Prometheus to monitor the Kubernetes pods and docker containers.
- Configured Identity Access Management (IAM) Group and users for improved login authentication and managed those IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements and efficiently handled periodic exporting of SQL data into Elastic Search.
- Configuring the Servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and creating new machines using Ansible. Used Ansible Tower to ensure an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it is became easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Set Up Splunk to monitor applications in a cloud-based environment and checking systems error logs and Hardware logs. Created custom Splunk, dashboards, and reports to reduce user requests.
- Worked on a queue of JIRA tickets to address system issues and user requests
Environment: Azure Resource Manager, Azure DevOps, VPC, PowerShell, Docker, Azure Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, VMs, Json, YAML, Spunk, JIRA, GIT.
- Responsible for Design and configure of different Release Environments for new projects. Build entire environment from design, implementation, maintenance, and Automated with Ansible, CloudFormation and Docker.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant system on AWS cloud using Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Worked on deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), Auto scaling groups. Optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Worked on server-less Architecture based solutions with Lambda on AWS and deployed via AWS CloudFormation templates.
- Worked with Build Automation tools like Maven and Ant. Written Maven and Ant scripts to automate build.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Bamboo as CI/D, Ansible, Maven & Artifactory management with Nexus.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Ansible configuration, managing hosts file, authoring various playbooks and custom modules. Maintained Ansible playbooks using Ansible roles, utilized file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Managed Nexus for uploading the artifacts and used SonarQube server for code quality analysis.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using CloudFormation and Ansible.
- Installed, configured, and maintained web servers like Apache Tomcat and WebLogic, and WebSphere Application Server on RHEL.
- Generated scripts for effective integration of JIRA applications and prepared projects, dashboards, reports, and questions for all JIRA related services.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merges.
- Ensured Blue-green deployments using CloudFormation for IAC, Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- Create automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MSSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, and MongoDB in AWS.
- Responsible for installation and upgrade of patches and packages on RHEL 5/6 using RPM & YUM.
- Supporting different projects to build & Release using Poll SCM effort e.g. branching, tagging, merge, etc.
- Automated build and deployment process using Ruby and Shell Scripting.
- Created Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch. Used Docker and load balancing tool and Nginx to achieve continuous delivery goal on high scalable environment.
- Used CloudWatch to collect, process, analyze and monitor the data on AWS environment. Used Prometheus to analyze and monitor Kubernetes pods and docker containers.
Environment: Subversion, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Docker, CloudFormation, Shell Script, Ruby, Apache Web Server, Ansible, AWS, Linux, SonarQube, Nexus, SonarQube, Jira, Nginx, Prometheus