- Around 9 years of experience as a SCM, Environment Management and Build/Release Engineering for automating, building, releasing and configuring changes from one environment to another environment.
- Developed Blueprints using Puppet roles and profiles.
- Developed blueprints for Apache, Splunk, SVN, Oracle, Jenkins, DB2 etc
- Configured External Node Classifier (ENC) for node classifications in Puppet
- Managed multiple infrastructure nodes across different environments using Puppet.
- Strong experience on Linux, Automation Tools (Chef or Puppet), AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Ruby, Perl or other).
- Responsible for providing advanced engineering support to production support teams for complex application performance and infrastructure issues.
- Designed high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and availability regions
- Designed applications on AWS taking advantage of disaster recovery design guidelines
- Working knowledge and Experience in running web scale services on Amazon Web Service (AWS).
- Expertised in migrating Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) VM's into Amazon EC2.
- Troubleshooted the migration issues like connector issues for ESX host, certificate validations for the host and permission issues etc...
- Manage patch and installer releases for an enterprise product supported on all Unix and Windows environment.
- Implemented a Git mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both SVN and Git.
- Manage the source code repository system used by the engineering team.
- Created and owned, Build and Continuous Integration environment with Ant, Maven, Visual Studio and Jenkins.
- Upgraded build environment from Ant to Ant + Ivy and managed to remove the restriction of using one/old version of Ant.
- Responsible to reactivate broken Maven + Archiva environment.
- Integrated CI with code review tools like Sonar and Clover.
- Wrote scripts to generate automated emails on every commit and customized post commit hooks to verify/include Bug Ids with Jira Plug - in.
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at different stages of Agile development.
- Worked with OEM partners for collaborative release and created customized installers.
- Experience in using version controller tools like GIT, P4V, Subversion (SVN) , IBM Clear case.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Team City for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM)
- Worked with development engineers to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Ability in deploying the developed code in a Web Sphere /Web Logic, Apache Tomcat/JBOSS, IIS7.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy and HP Quality Center.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment
- Extensively used build utilities like Maven, ANT for building of jar, war, bar and ear files.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Managed merging, branch creation and tagging.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to ensure a smooth release.
- Provide internal tool training and new hire trainings and support.
- Support back-end setup and configurations to facilitate POCs.
- Administer various development, support, and patch branches and enforce SCM best practices.
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef
Versioning Tools: GIT, CVS, Tortoise SVN, Clearcase, Perforce,TFSVC, TFS-GIT
Tracking Tools: Service Now, Jira, confluence, Remedy
CI Tools: Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, TFS
Build Tools: Ant, Maven and Make
Scripting: Shell, Perl and Ruby,groovy
App/Web servers: Web logic, WebSphere, ApacheTomcat, JBOSS
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MYSQL, DB2
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX(RHEL)
Deployment tools: uDeploy
Sr Build and Release Engineer/DevOps
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Defined workflows and processes in fast-paced, Agile and distributed models using tools such as role expectation mapping, building high performance teams, writing good user stories and JIRA- Confluence training.
- Expertise in creating Components, Applications, Environments and Environment groups using clearcase, subversion in uDeploy.
- Excellent knowledge in Website Hosting and maintaining the dedicated server in Amazon AWS instance. uDeploy for Dev Test alignment.
- Migrated 600 applications by automated deployment using uDeploy tool based on dotnet projects,java projects, BPM projects, unix projects,database projects.
- Installed IBM Urban code Deploy from the scratch and configured agents, administer roles and groups.
- Installed and configured uDeploy for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Implemented and customized big JIRA instances for Project Tracking, Test Management, Support Tickets and Agile tracking.
- Worked with Project Managers, Developers and Product Owners to drive projects to production, meeting deadlines and outcomes.
- Managed multiple internal and outside scrum teams, ensuring effective collaboration and communication.
- Implemented Team Foundation Server TFS as Version Management for Microsoft Technologies.
- Customized TFS build definitions to automate TFS build process and TFS release definitions to automate the deployment process
- Migrated applications from TFSVC to TFS-GIT.
- Involved in testing of code for upgrading TFS 2012 to TFS 2017
- Helped many application teams building their .NET projects successful in TFS tool.
- Created 1000+ Build and release definitions for various types of profile projects .
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Established framework to setup Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins, Nexus.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, Packages.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging and Migrated SVN repos to GIT
- Created Vagrant templates to provision and start test simulation environments in AWS and VMWare from vagrant box files stored in artifactory.
- Assess existing business processes and identify opportunities to improve the accuracy, efficiency, and responsiveness of services with a focus on RPA-enabled solutions ( UiPath)
- Used UiPath Orchestrator for deployment, monitoring and management of UiPath Robot automation activities
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Experience with web and app servers, Apache Tomcat and Nginx.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
Environment: Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, SVN, Chef, confluence Puppet, Linux, AWS, OpenStack, Ruby, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat, Jira, JFROG Artifactory, TFS, TFSVC, TFS-GIT
- Developed Blueprints using Puppet roles and profiles.
- Developed blueprints for Apache, Splunk, FogLight, Oracle, Jenkins, DB2 etc...
- Puppet Blueprints are created for all Windows 2012 R2 farms (Web, Webservice, Batch, Build ...)
- Created control repositories for each blueprint developed for all environment specifically in GitHub.
- Created tags for all the Blueprints for release.
- Each blueprint has been deployed to nodes in different environments like Dev, testing, Prod.
- Implemented build sever stack module for configuring stack of wrapper modules.
- Developed and performed automated code compilation, packaging & deployment using Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Weblogic to lower and higher region test environments.
- Configured External Node Classifier (ENC) for node classifications.
- Using powershell command line installed vagrant to push the code to GITHUB
- Extensively using Git/GitHub for managing software versions, software release planning, forking/branching and merging artifacts, Pull Requests for Blueprints.
- Used Webhooks in GitHub to trigger the events and update the code in Puppet master.
- Managed various environments in Puppet using r10k.
- Using Jira tool for creating tickets for PCE-Puppet, MRC-Engineering to fix the bugs.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Prepared projects, dashboards, reports and solutions for all JIRA related services.
- Developed technical solutions by coordination with internal project teams and understanding of requirements.
- Analyzed system errors and working with operations and related business units to correct and/or assist in problem resolution
- Assisted the creation of Business Requirement documents, Workflow diagrams, and Knowledge base articles
Environment: Puppet, Jenkins, JFROG Artifactory, Linux, OpenStack, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Bunsen, Vagrant, VMware, GIT, GitHub, Apache, Jira and Confluence
Sr Build and Release Engineer
- Version management with tools like Subversion, Perforce, Git, Team Foundation Server.
- Completely manage integrator activities in Build (generation of labels, merging of labels from various developers, resolving merge conflicts, final release of builds and announcements, follow ups for various qualcomm clients globally.
- Debugging project Build errors and deployment in both windows and Linux Environment.
- Build and Continuous Integration with like Ant/Ivy, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Gradle, and Teamcity.
- Bug/Issue tracking and change management with tools like Jira, Clear Quest, Bugzilla and Remedy.
- Confluence Administrator- Responsible for creating and marinating release documents and created how to use wiki documents for other teams.
- Jira Administrator - Responsible for training and providing documents for QA and Dev teams on Jira bug tracking and project management.
- Worked on setting up LA Host automation using Git repository and gerrit code review system using python and CI tools like Jenkins.
- Code Coverage and Code Review with Sonar, Clover, Crucible and Gerrit.
- Automation with Shell, Batch, Python and Perl.
- Development experience for short-term/pet projects in C# and Java.
- Packaging tools like Install Anywhere and Wix.
- Release Management and Scheduler tools like Nolio and Control-M.
- Deployed Enterprise Applications and Web Applications to Dev, QA, Staging and Production.
- Migrated Version Management Systems CVS -> SVN, SVN -> SVN and SVN ->Git.
- Full understanding of SDLC, RUP and Agile Methodologies.
- Implemented SCM process, Build Management, Release Management, Branching, Merging.
- Supported parallel Development for Dev, QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Coordination, Communication, Time Management, Problem Solving and Ability to work either independently or as a member of a team.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments.
- SVN Administrator - responsible for creating Tags, Branches and Branch Merges.
- Implemented Configuration management best practices like Change management and Change Schedule etc.
- Migrated SVN to SVN (Change of SVN host provider).
- Responsible for the Code Freeze and Stage Freeze Activities.
- Assisted the live release process on customer sites.
- Worked on cloning of VMware machines on exsi servers
- 24/7 on call support for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests
- Installed Jenkins for Continuous Integration and for automated Build and Deploy process.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status
- Conducted training on how to use configuration management tools.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
- Created a complete release process doc, which explains all the steps involved in the release process
- Made the docs available for the team members by uploading onto Confluence wiki
- Reviewed production release doc for recommendations.
- Strictly enforced ITL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and staging environments.
- Updated the Database tables running Database scripts.
Environment : Jenkins, Jira, Confluence Wiki, Unix, ESXI, VMware, Ant, Maven, Archiva, Eclipse, Subversion, Shell Scripting, Perl, IZpack, Tortoise SVN.
Java Build Engineer
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Source code configuration tools Subversion and GIT used for different projects.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process. Configured Buildforge for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Performed Load/Functional testing using Mercury Load runner and HP QTP.
- Designed a customized Status Reporting tool used currently, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and Websphere Application Server with DB2 as Database.