- Overall 6 years of IT experience with specialized in DevOps and Build & Release Engineering in Automating, Building, Deploying, and Releasing of code from environment to environment.
- A team player of hands on IT expertise prioritizing CI/CD, Automation of Configuration Management, Security, Build/Release management, Cloud Resource Utilization, Infrastructure Automation etc.
- Experienced in AWS Cloud IaaS platform with features EC2, VPC, ELB, Auto - Scaling, Security Groups, Route53, IAM, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, Terraform and CloudFront.
- Managed IAM policies for organizations in AWS to define groups, create users, assign roles and define rules for role-based access to AWS resources and created S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using AWS services and configured the launched instances with the required specifications also defined the Security Groups which act as virtual firewalls that control the allowed traffic to reach the EC2 Instances and managed the Elastic load balancer, Auto Scaling, setting the security groups to design a fault tolerant and high available system.
- Experienced in configuring Virtual Private Cloud and managed network allocation in VPC to create new public networks.
- Implemented a continuous delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitLab. Whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins our continuous integration server automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Worked with a team that able to architect and implement transition to Docker and develop distributed cloud system using Kubernetes.
- Containerized and migrated applications to Kubernetes in large scale most if my work was revolved around Kubernetes-specific tasks.
- Cloud experience with AWS and Azure.
- Worked on implementing microservices on Kubernetes cluster.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity.
- Working knowledge on cluster managers: Kubernetes/Docker.
- Extensive experience in managing Microsoft azure subscriptions, resource groups, virtual machines, storage accounts, automation account, active directory, shared image galleries, data share.
- Extensive experience in managing Azure active directory and role based accesses.
- Worked with Ansible Centralized Server (Tower) and created the playbooks to support various middleware application servers and involved in configuring the Ansible tower as a configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI/CD process and integrated the tool with Git, Maven, Nexus, Docker, Nagios and Jira for end to end automation and took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI/CD Jenkins server.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build management tools for building of deployable artifacts (jar, war and ear) from source code.
- Experienced in Branching, Tagging and maintaining the versions across different SCM tools like GitHub, Subversion (SVN) on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and JFrog Artifactory managers for Ant and Maven builds.
- Used Maven and built pom.xml file to create an artifact or binary file by pulling the source code from SCM tool GIT and pushed that artifact to Nexus repository
- Proficient in using version control tool like SVN and GIT.
- Experienced with different ticketing tools like JIRA.
- Skilled enough to build deployment, build scripts and automate solutions (using scripting languages like Bash, Shell, and Python)
- Installed, configured and administered Red Hat Linux servers and support for servers on various hardware platforms.
- Worked with monitoring systems and tools like Nagios, CloudWatch etc.
- Worked with the ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash and Kibana) stack to analyze log data obtained from Microsoft Business Intelligence tools.
- Installed MongoDB on physical machines, Virtual machines as well as AWS. Backup & Recovery.
Version Tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, SVN,TFS
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS Build
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Configuration management Tools: Ansible, Rundeck, Chef, Terraform
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Grafana, Splunk, SonarQube
Scripting Languages: Python, Java, Shell, Bash
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Confluence
Web/ Application Servers: Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
SDLC: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum
Packaging and Networking: FTP, SSH, TELNET,TCP/IP, HTTP
Operating Systems: RHEL, CENTOS, UBUNTU, Windows, MACOS, Linux
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines via Jenkins, integrating with Bitbucket, Maven, Nexus and Tomcat deployment methods for automation of the micro service deployments to aws elastic beanstalk.
- Migrated SVN repositories to Bitbucket.
- Created and Managed and migrated Jenkins job on on-prem and AWS.
- Migrated micro-services from nexus2 to Nexus3.
- Integrated Bitbucket, Jenkins and pipelines with SonarQube analysis.
- Configured Jenkins jobs to generate code coverage using surefire plugins.
- On-boarded applications for fortify analysis and integrated with Jenkins pipelines.
- Migrated On-Premise micro-services to AWS using cloudformation templates.
- Created beanstalk environments using cloudformation templates for docker image platforms and tomcat platforms.
- Worked heavily on aws resources like Elastic Beanstalk, Load balancer, S3, EFS, route53, EC2, Auto scaling, Docker, SSM, IAM, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front.
- Set up Jenkins shared pipeline library for infrastructure and application deployments.
- Created AWS Lambda functions to trigger evens for incoming https requests.
- Worked on creating and setting up Cloudformation.
- Set up CloudWatch alarms for CPU utilization, network monitoring, disk Space, Traffic Load.
- Set up Apica for application monitoring using zebra tester.
- Created Jenkins pipeline scripts to deploy released versions to DEV, QA, UAT, INT, LOAD and PRE-PROD and PROD environments on aws.
- Created Dashboards and set up watchers for applications in Kibana.
- Installed redis cluster on servers and processed and pushed data to aws ElastiCache which is fed to beanstalk environments.
- Created EKS cluster and deployed applications to kubernetes using Terraform.
- Installed and configure Hashi Corp consul in SDLC as POC work.
- Mounted Elastic file systems (EFS) on EC2 instances and On-premise.
- Installed and configured RabbitMQ, Zookeeper and Kafka through cloud formation.
- Building the scripts and code for the development, testing activities and monitoring the application flow using the monitoring agent like Datadog and AppDynamics to support the production environment.
- Installed AppDynamics Agents on on-prem and elastic beanstalk and set up AppDynamics monitoring for Micro-services in SDLC and PROD.
- Created Datadog dashboards for infrastructure monitoring and integrated with PagerDuty.
- On-Call support for Applications in production.
- Launching the VM's to support the application team by configuring middleware applications (Apache, JBoss), and also the service discovery tool, Messaging service and ELK application using the Ruby scripts managed by chef.
- Maintaining the infrastructure as per the application architecture to support micro service deployments by preparing the scripts in Jenkins and Chef.
- Building Docker Images for Spring Boot application as part of POC and deployed in Kubernetes for High availability and scaling.
- Creating AWS cloud infrastructure for Deploying On-Boarding Applications using Elastic Beanstalk Templates.
- Provide Up to date and accurate documentation on the SCM environment and Process.
- Work closely with developers and QA Engineers in Agile methodology to Resolve Build and Environment issues.
- Set up infrastructure monitoring and application performance monitoring for application services that teams are working on.
- Supported teams with all operational related tasks like infrastructure, on-boarding new applications to ITAM, ServiceNow and Fortify, releases, deployments, security vulnerabilities, security advisements, monitoring, certificates renewals process.
- Used ServiceNow as change management tool for applications SDLC process.
Environment: Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Shell Script, Python, SVN, Linux, AWS, Terraform, Docker, AppDynamics, Datadog, Apica, Zebra Tester.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks to automate Docker Image build and utilized Jenkins to auto push the image to Docker HUB, Automated the infrastructure downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy.
- Developed various templates in Ansible Tower to define the workflows in creating the Dev, Test, Staging environment by installing the Middleware like Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, security agents like Trend Micro deep security, monitoring agents like Nagios, Splunk.
- Implemented Docker container to provide namespace allocation on different applications like Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, NGINX and used Blue/Green deployments for the ability to roll back quickly from failures.
- Configured Jenkins pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then configured Kubernetes by developing the Pod definitions, Deployments and managed using API server.
- Automated creation of the Docker images by configuring Docker Maven Plugins and pushed them in to the Private Docker registry. Developed Jenkins pipeline to run various Docker-machine commands to deploy the containers on different container optimized EC2 instance types.
- Created and maintained Docker container clusters conducted by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker on GCP and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD pipelining system to build, test and deploy.
- Implemented Docker container runtime with the OCI standards, swarm orchestration which is used for nodes in distributed system and Kubernetes master runs the Scheduler, Controller manager, API server and Etcd components for managing the Kubernetes cluster. Configured Kubernetes cluster and supported it running on the top of the CoreOS.
- Configured Ansible plugins for Rundeck to provide the visualization for the Ansible Playbooks and Roles and triggered various automated various Workflows.
- Worked on cloud automation framework namely Chef which included automation of certain software installation processes in the form of Ruby code.
- Proficient with Multi AZ Components in AWS like VPC, Subnet, Internet Gateway, Route Tables, Security Groups, NACL, AMI, EC2, IAM, RDS with Replication, S3 for Object and Static Webpages, Auto Scaling of Micro Services hosted on ECS, ELB and ALB to load balance and health check.
- Developed Terraform scripts which integrate numerous services on AWS like EC2 instances for different computational needs, RDS to configure SQL databases, DynamoDB to configure NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, and SNS for Notifications of critical issues.
- Worked on deployment of the AWS ECS clusters through Jenkins pipeline by triggering the AWS Lambda functions which updates the Task and Services to consume the newly patched Docker images from AWS ECS.
- Developed and nested Cloud formation templates by including resources like EC2, S3 buckets, IAM roles and Policies, RDS configuration, Cloud init scripts to pass in User data.
- Implemented on Azure AD connect to integrate on-premises directories with Azure active directory which provides a common identity for users for office 365, Azure and SaaS applications integrated with Azure AD.
- Developed Runbook part of Azure automation to provision the Virtual machines, manage the automation workflow by configuring runbook workers for on premise servers.
- Implemented on OpenStack services like Neutron, Cinder for Block storage, Identity, Glance for Image service, Horizon for Dashboard and SAN/NAS and created provider networks and public networks shared by different tenants in OpenStack Neutron.
- Configured Jenkins server with complete Maven and vSphere build jobs providing a continuous, automated scheduled QA build environment based on multiple SVN repositories for VMware open virtualization format deployments.
- Experienced in installation, configuration and management of HTTP, NGINX, NTP, NFS, FTP, DHCP, DNS and configured the Firewall rules to enable service communication with different applications.
- Configured Splunk app for AWS to get VPC flow logs from CloudWatch into Splunk so that the possibility of DDOS attack is monitored and avoided.
- Monitored performance of the applications and analyzed log information using ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) Stack. Configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWS S3.
- Installed and worked on health check monitoring tools like ELK, Splunk and Nagios to keep track of server health by using logs and notifying the associated team in the event of peculiar server performance.
- Maintained JIRA team Confluence System Engineering pages that included: Process Flow Management, Team Requirements, Roles and Responsibilities, and COP User Metrics Participated is customer weekly JIRA progress updates.
Environment: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Splunk, Rundeck, OpenStack, AWS, Terraform, Azure, ELK, Nagios, Splunk, vCenter VMware ESXi, HTTP, NGINX, NTP, NFS, FTP, DHCP, DNS.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Configured Amazon EC2 instances and launching the new instances with same configuration using AMIs (Amazon Machine Images). Customized the machine images using packer.
- Installed applications on AWS EC2 instances and configuring storage on S3 buckets. Replicated S3 buckets cross region using AWS CLI commands and S3 bucket sync policy.
- Experience in deploying, monitoring; maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes.
- Setting up IAM user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON.
- Worked on creating the modules driven AWS Infrastructure with Terraform. Created Infrastructure Git repositories for Terraform to launch the stacks.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Worked on version control systems like GIT and used Source code management client tools like Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Generated scripts in Maven; Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installing/upgrading Jenkins infrastructure on multiple servers.
- Used Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Implemented Nagios integration with Ansible for automation in server monitoring.
- Worked with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, tests deploy.
- Configured and image creation of Docker Containers, and orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images for isolation by reducing the time
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments, dev-environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Configured and ensured connection to RDS database running on MySQL engines.
- Integrated JIRA with Jenkins to track change requests and bug fixes.
- Responsible for Plugins Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
- Conducted performance testing of Apache, Tomcat, NGINX management services.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, IAM, Cloud Trail and Route 53), GIT, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Maven, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, JIRA.