- Fast - paced software professional with 7+ years of experience in Cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP), DevOps, Configuration management, Infrastructure automation, Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD). I can implement effective strategies for N - Tier application development in both Cloud and On-premises environments. Experience in dealing with Unix/Linux and Windows server administration.
- Expertise in Architecting and Implementing Azure Service Offering, such as Azure cloud services, Azure storage, IIS, Azure Active Directory (AD), Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure Storage, Azure, Blob Storage, Azure VMs, SQL Database, Azure Functions, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Monitor, and Azure Service Bus.
- Hands on experience on Backup and restore Azure services and in Design and configure Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Azure cloud services, Blob storage, Active directory, Azure Service Bus, Cosmos DB.
- Expertise in Azure Scalability and Azure Availability - Build VMs availability sets using the Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS) using Azure Resource Manager (ARM) to manage network traffic.
- Experience in migrating on-premises applications to Azure and configured VNETs and subnets as per the project requirement also performed PowerShell scripting to do Patching, Imaging, and Deployments in Azure.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud Services, EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, API Gateway, Route 53, Cloud Watch, SNS.
- Expertise in building CI/CD on AWS environment using AWS Code Commit, Code Build, Code Deploy and Code Pipeline and experience in using AWS CloudFormation, API Gateway, and AWS Lambda in automation and securing the infrastructure on AWS.
- Experience in changing over existing AWS infrastructure to Serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, AWS Kinesis) through the creation of a Serverless Architecture using AWS Lambda, API gateway, Route 53, S3 buckets.
- Experience in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, and manage Docker containers with multiple names spaced versions using Helm charts.
- Experience in managed Kubernetes services such as Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Azure Kubernetes and AWS Elastic container service.
- Proficiency in using Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker images, Docker Weave, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Docker Registry and used containerization to make applications platform when moved into different environments.
- Experience in installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines and used Jenkins Pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker Registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Expertise in configuring the monitoring and alerting tools according to the requirement like Prometheus and Grafana, setting up alerts and deployed multiple dashboards for individual applications in Kubernetes.
- Experience in Configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, and Puppet. Wrote Chef recipes and cookbooks in Ruby scripting.
- Skilled with Python, Bash/Shell, PowerShell, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, JSON, YAML, Groovy. Developed Shell and Python Scripts used to automate day to day administrative tasks and automation of the build and release process.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, RHEL, SOLARIS
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure
Code Version controls: Bit Bucket, Subversion, GIT and Perforce
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS
Deployment Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Container & container Orchestration Tools: Docker, EC2 Container Services, Azure Container Services, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Monitoring Systems: Nagios, Splunk
Languages: C, C++, Perl, Shell, Python, Ruby scripting, SQL, XML
Tracking tools: Jira, Remedy
Web servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Databases: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL, Mongo DB
Azure Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Created recommendations on how to duplicate a subset of on-premise machines to the Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) offering which will be used for disaster recovery. This analysis included the specifics to synchronize on-premise data with SQL Server and SharePoint instances hosted in VMs.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, VM Role, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal.
- Worked on Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup- Deployed Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers and migrating to Azure using Azure Site Recovery and collecting data from all Azure Resources using Log Analytics and analyzed the data to resolve issues.
- Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users and worked on creating custom Azure templates for quick deployments and advanced PowerShell scripting. Deployed Azure SQL DB with GEO Replication, Azure SQL DB Sync to standby database in another region & Fail over configuration.
- Worked on Serverless services, created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the applications using the Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) also called as Azure DevOps Services.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbook, PowerShell runbook that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring Active Directory Federation Service (AD FS) authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect, and involved in administrative tasks that include Build, Design, Deploy of Azure environment.
- Configure Continuous Integration from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps and managed Azure Active Directory, Office 365 and applied upgrades on a regular basis.
- Written Templates for Azure Infrastructure as code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics and used Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, and Docker containers.
- Worked on OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes container storage, automation to enhance container platform multi-tenancy also worked on with Kubernetes architecture and design troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution.
- Written Ansible handlers with multiple tasks to trigger multiple handlers and to decouple handlers from their names, making it easier to share handlers among Playbooks and Roles.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems in Python scripting for administering GIT, by using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution, and deployment onto Tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Worked with Nagios for Azure Active Directory & LDAP and Data consolidation for LDAP users. Monitored system performance using Nagios, maintained Nagios servers and added new services & servers.
Environment: Azure, Terraform, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Azure ARM, Azure AD, Azure Site Recovery, Kubernetes, Python, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory, Jenkins, Git, Jira, GitHub, Ansible, Docker, Windows Server, TFS, VSTS, LDAP, Nagios.
DevOps / Azure Automation Engineer
- Creating and maintaining containerized micro services and configuring/maintaining private container registry on Microsoft Azure for Hosting Images and using Windows Active Directory.
- Deployed and Maintained windows phone applications on Azure cloud technologies. Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment.
- Setup Hybrid connections between Azure web pass and on-premise SQL databases.
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform Azur e Virtual Machines instances using Ansible Configuration Management and created Ansible Playbooks, tasks and roles to automate system operations
- Worked on AZURE (IaaS) migrating like creating AZURE VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in AZURE and performed Hardening of the VM’s and also disk encryption using the KEK key in MS Azure.
- Monitor the Azure VM’s using Zabbix to display the network I/O bound, Memory usage, CPU and other metrics.
- Configuration of various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs.
- Deploy OpenStack environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline and Terraform for Infrastructure Automation.
- Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Used Ansible as a configuration management tool to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments and Wrote playbooks using Python/YAML script for automating the infrastructure for test and production.
- Worked on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Worked on Open source development tools like Docker Containers and installation of Docker using YUM, RPM package management service and used Docker Swarm to manage Docker clusters using swarm manager.
- Worked on MAVEN as build tool for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Created Maven POMs to automate build process for the new projects and integrated them with tools like SonarQube, Nexus.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven.
- Worked on implementing microservices on Kubernetes Cluster and Configured Operators on Kubernetes applications and all of its components, such as Deployments, ConfigMaps, Secrets and Services.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure and Worked on multiple things like setting up Kubernetes dashboards with AAF and also using kube config.
- Setting up huge Kubernetes platform with four clusters and providing assistance to various app teams and Kubernetes dashboard to access the cluster via its web-based user interface.
- Creating manifests and classes in Puppet for automation and worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Implemented infrastructure that effectively and efficiently utilizes Office 365 and the Microsoft Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Worked on Custom solution development, including utilization of PowerShell and OMS Data Collector API to collect, expose, and automate utilizing custom data.
- Working as cloud Administrator, involved in configuration for Web apps/Function apps, V-net integration, HCM, Application gateway, App Insights, Active directory, Azure Key Vault, Encryption and Security on AZURE using ARM templates and PowerShell script.
- Worked on configuring data sources for JBOSS with various versions of databases and configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
Environment: Microsoft Azure, Terraform, AWS, Apache, Tomcat, Nagios, MySQL, PHP, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Ansible, JBOSS 4.22.GA, JSON, Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Ansible, GIT, Oracle, Windows and Linux.
AWS DevOps / Build & Release Engineer
- Worked with AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups, Route 53, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, SNS, and RDS.
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2, S3, VPC, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and RDS, ELK, LAMBDA.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Strong Experience in implementing Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift, worked on various projects to migrate data from on premise databases to AWS Redshift, RDS and S3.
- Using Chef deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform.
- Involved in provisioning and Automation servers on Public Cloud like AWS, AWS and Kubernetes.
- Created AWS Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lock down security groups.
- Used Terraform to transform the infrastructure from on - premise to cloud.
- Worked on creating the modules driven AWS Infrastructure with terraform. Created Infrastructure Git repositories for Terraform to launch the stacks.
- Work with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Worked on a Build pipeline including Jenkins, Artifactory and a private Docker registry.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Implemented and Enhanced the Existing Scripts which are developed in Shell, Power Shell, Ruby and Python.
- Worked extensively with Terraform and wrapped it and managed the back-end state in S3 Bucket.
- Created and troubleshooted Ansible scripts and Kubernetes YAML files to deploy SCM/CI/CD applications automatically and Idempotently to reduce time costs.
- Extensively used Google Stack driver for monitoring the logs of both GKE and GCP instances and configured alerts from Stack driver for some scenarios.
- Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management.
- Design and Implemented Cloud Orchestration solution using Google Cloud, AWS EC2 & Microsoft Azure, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Initially thought of using Kubernetes the finally decided to use Docker swarm because Docker swarm is integrated with Docker daemon.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Managed Nodes, Run-Lists, roles, environments, data Bags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef.
- Implemented Auto Scaling with Chef and Assign Chef Roles to EC2 instances.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning.
- Installation, Configuration of NFS, DNS, SAMBA, APACHE severs in RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu Linux Servers.
Environment: Linux, Maven, Chef, Jenkins, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Artifactory, GIT,AWS Cloud Formation, RDS, RedHat, Linux/Unix, Redshift, EC-2, AMI, Route 53, S3, VPC, Ruby, Shell Scripts, ELK, Lambda and Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, Python, Groovy, RHEL