- Over 9+ years of experience in IT industry with major focus on DevOps, Software Configuration Management and Build/Release management using different cloud services of AWS (Amazon web service), Microsoft Azure and as a major infrastructure.
- Experience in Azure IaaS, PaaS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, Azure service bus, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and Power Shell Automation. And used Azure service fabric to package, deploy, and manage scalable and reliable microservices and containers.
- Strong Windows Azure experience dedicated to the .NET stack of technologies, proficient in IT operations including in Windows Azure deployments, incident management, production support for all types of Azure components, IIS/SQL server, IT administration and maintenance, Project Management and PowerShell scripting.
- Experienced with Big Data architectures running on Azure Data Platform - Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Management Gateway, Azure Storage Options, Document DB, Data Lake Analytics, Stream Analytics, Event Hubs, Azure SQL.
- Experience Azure Platform Development, Deployment Concepts., hosted Cloud Services, platform service and close interface with Windows Azure Multi-Factor Authentications and Continuing architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed, service-based architecture; utilizing Docker/Kubernetes technologies
- Exposed to all the aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), In depth understanding of the best practices and principles of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in databases like Oracle 10i/9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL Developer and MYSQL.
- Extensive working experience and knowledge with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search, Elastic File system (EFS), Cloud Foundry, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Lambda, Service Catalog, Kinesis, Redshift Cluster, OpsWorks and in Cloud Security (OAuth2 and SAML) and good knowledge on Amazon kinesis firehose.
- Knowledge of utilizing cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Worked in automation, setup and administration of build and deployment CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Anthill Pro and UDeploy/Ucode and integrated with Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and other Atlassian products- Bamboo, JIRA, BitBucket for building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR & EAR, and DLL & EXE) from source code.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS and Git on Unix and Windows environment on standalone and VM’s.
- Experience in developing Chef cookbooks, recipes, roles and data bags to automate the services related to deployment.
- Expertise in implementing detailed systems and services monitoring using Nagios and Zabbix services AWS cloud resources.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, setup the Elasticsearch ELK Stack to collect, search and analyze log files from across the servers. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack.
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with software configuration management (CM) tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc)
- Hands on experience in Configuration Management (CM) policies and practices with regards to software development life cycle (SDLC) along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell/PowerShell, Perl, Python scripting.
- Experience in automating the cloud deployments using chef, python (botawakubero & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Good understanding of other cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and OpenStack.
- Experience on maintaining various code built on various applications built on Java/J2EE, C#, .Net.
- Experience with configuring and working on Docker and Writing Chef recipes using Ruby.
- Experience in experience on application server maintenance and J2EE application deployment in application servers like Apache, Tomcat, IBM Web Sphere, and Oracle Web Logic.
- Worked on Setting up Linux servers with JBoss, Apache, JDK 1.7, JIRA, Bamboo, Stash and I also support other groups with products on Linux servers.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Solaris 11/10/9/8.
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services, Azure, OpenStack, PCF and Google Cloud.
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 2.0.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Red Hat, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Automation Tools: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes.
Virtualization: VMware Client, Windows Hyper-V, vSphere 5.x, Datacentre Virtualization, Virtual Box, KVM, Power VM
Volume Manager: Logical Volume Manager, VERITAS Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager
Version Control Tool: Git, SVN, Bitbucket, CVS.
Database Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Couchbase.
Scripting: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bourne, Korn and Bash Shell scripting, PowerShell, YAML format, JSON format.
Monitoring tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK, App dynamic, Cacti
Networking Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN
Confidential, Richardson, TX
Sr. DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Build and configure a virtual data centers in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Integrated Docker into various infrastructure tools, including Ansible, Puppet, and VMware vSphere Integrated Containers.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Created REST API to store, update, read and delete bucket information on Consul using Kubernetes interfaces.
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services
- Implemented LDAP integration to filter the security for the Prod, Dev and Test environment for Deployment jobs in Jenkins.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud formation.
- Automated Build and Deployment process-setup Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of applications onto different environments like Dev, QA and Production.
- Created Ansible scripts for EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancers and S3 buckets, Planned, developed & maintained Infrastructure as code using CI/CD deployments using Ansible.
- Design and modification to migration tool that utilize C# .Net and open text RESTful web services to interact with Open Text Content server.
- Worked on Logging and APM tools AppDynamics, Zabbix, Splunk, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Designed and implemented CI/CD for all our cloud components using Jenkins and reduced deployment times by more than 50%. This in turn increased developer productivity and enabled us to release our product more often with confidence
- Created automated pipelines in AWS Code Pipeline to deploy Docker containers in AWS ECS using services like Cloud Formation, Code Build, Code Deploy, S3 and Ansible .
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Made recommendations and developed technical design for new applications to be put on the DevOps pipeline and exposed to Sonar for code review and Fortify for security scanning.
- Built a deployment pipeline for deploying tagged versions of applications to AWS Beanstalk using Jenkins.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and configured various plugins GIT, Maven, Sonarqube, Nexus.
- Done performance testing of the web services using Jmeter scripts.
- Worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for microservices using Ansible.
- Developed Windows PowerShell script to automate setting of user credentials and activation of Windows Helping the Project team to get transformed to Scrum methodology using TFS (Team foundation server).
- Scheduler for periodic backups of Jenkins, JIRA and PostgreSQL.
- Implemented continuous deployment pipeline with Jenkins and Jenkins workflow on Kubernetes.
- Designed, configured and deployed Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, SQS, IAM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Wrote MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools chef, puppet.
- Created AWS EBS volumes for storing application files for use with AWS EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them.
- Involved in Configuring NFS, NIS, DNS, SSL, HTML and HTTP.
- Responsible for Data Center scale tool-chaining (Docker, Cassandra, Micro-Services).
- 24/7 support for application deployments and support of lower level environments as well.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, Maven, Jira, Jenkins, Docker, ELK, Ansible, Chef, Kubernetes, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PowerShell, Windows 2008 R2/2003 R2 Servers, GIT, UNIX & Linux
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Responsible for working closely with DevOps team to create, customize and manage the chef cookbooks and provisioning the highly available EC2 Instances using terraform and cloud formation.
- Developing prebaked AMI’s used for base prebaked instance images for client environment and launching VPC’s using cloud formation and terraform.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS, etc., with Opscode Chef Cookbooks and recipes
- W orked on AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, CloudWatch, OpsWorks, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, glacier, Route53, SNS, SQS, KMS, Cloud Trail, IAM.
- Hands-on experience in working with setting up CI/CD pipeline integrating various tools with CloudBees Jenkins to build and run terraform jobs to create infrastructure in AWS .
- AWS EC2, VPC, S3, SNS, Redshift, EMR based infrastructure automation through Terraform, Chef, Python, Bash Scripts and Managing security groups on AWS and custom monitoring using CloudWatch.
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF . Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF .
- Implemented and maintained Chef , OpsWorks Configuration management extending several environments in VMware, AWS cloud and created Cookbooks for Chef using the Ruby programming language.
- Deploying, managing, and troubleshooting VMware vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestration, vRealize IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), vRealize DEM (Distributed Execution Manager), and vRealize SSO Servers (Single Sign-On) across multiple data centers.
- Written Chef Cookbooks , recipes using Ruby to automate the installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat , JDK , and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Written Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python SDK and Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks .
- Creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower . Downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy to automate the infrastructure.
- Created Ansible Playbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx , Apache Spark and other applications.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux, created master and slave configuration, and drove all microservices builds out to the Docker registry. Build scripts using Maven in Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Creating and Implementing branching and merging strategy with multiple branches and used Git as source code management repository to keep track of version changes.
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash configured as an ELK stack ( Elastic search, Log stash, and Kibana ) to monitor system logs, VPC Flow logs, Cloud Trail Events , changes in S3 etc.
- Engineered Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments and have in-depth knowledge of log analysis generated by various systems including security products.
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks and performed necessary day to day GIT support for different projects.
- Developed Dev, Test and Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Ruby/Bash, Chef, and Terraform
- Responsible for writing the Terraform scripts to install the kubernetes cluster and its dashboard on to the OpenStack cloud.
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Log Stash to output data to AWS S3.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based automation through Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Administered, deployed and managed RedHat, Ubuntu, Windows and CentOS servers. Using Perl, Bash, Shell scripting and automated log backup using Python Boto3 API , managed batch jobs in Linux for data automated import/export of data and system automation programming.
- Hands on experience in administration and maintenance of services like HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, LDAP and NFS . Also, mount NAS exported shares on client machines.
Environment: Amazon wed services (AWS EC2/AMIs/VPC/S3/IAM/glacier), AWS Opsworks, AWS cloud trails, CloudWatch, Redshift, EMR, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Azure, ClearQuest, Junit, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Chef, Ansible, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Nginx, Drupal, Terraform, Docker, Cassandra database, Kubernetes, Linux, vRealize, vCenter, VMware ESXi, vSphere, AEM, CloudBees Jenkins, Vagrant, Sonarqube, Artifactory, Route 53, Git, GitHub, Nagios, Splunk, Ruby/Bash scripts, JIRA, Apache, Python.
Confidential, Bradenton, FL
DevOps Automation Engineer
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tool such as Chef. Designing cloud hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Created IAM policies for administration in AWS to assist type applications and teams across local geographical and remote areas. Transfer data from Datacenters to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Technologies like Chef.
- Configured Chef at Linux machines and schedule jobs to read every 30 minutes.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with puppet and AWS Ops Works stacks across product platforms.
- Created Lambda functions to upload code and to check changes in S3, MongoDB table and to integrate AWS web Application Firewall with ELB and Cloud Front.
- Providing continuous improvement to agile software development teams by working with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline. Integrated Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, SVN, Confluence and JIRA and Used Git with Jenkins to integrate to automate the code checkout process.
- Experienced in creating custom Build & Deployment automation solutions in scripting languages including Python, Shell, UNIX shell, Ruby, Perl and PowerShell . I have worked and administered artifact tools including Nexus and Artifactory.
- Developed Shell Scripts and Perl for automation of the build and release process. Developed custom solutions in C# and PowerShell to validate availability, consistency, and compliance with environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Associated with DBAs for installation of Oracle database on Linux servers & for tuning, backup and restore.
- Experience with RHEL Linux systems, virtualization in a large-scale environment, experience with Linux Containers.
- Create and Cloned Linux Virtual Machines, Templates using VMware vSphere Client and migrating servers between Esxi Hosts.
- Performed FVT in conjunction with TSM/HSM, NFS, SSL, SSH, Samba to thoroughly test GPFS security and other functions on Linux and AIX.
- Installing and applying security policies on Red Hat Linux for hardening the server based on the company's policy.
- Worked on setting up Linux servers for Oracle Real Application Clusters and configuring SAN based mount points and Perform day to day Linux administration such as user accounts, logon scripts, directory services, file system shares, permissions.
Environment: Linux (RedHat 7.x, 6.x, 5.x), Solaris (9/10/11), VMware, RAID, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Jenkins, ANT, Maven, OpenStack, Nexus, Ruby, MongoDB, Redis, LVM, Puppet, mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3)
Confidential, Sandy Springs, GA
- Worked in Agile Project management Process, JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring and with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post-development environments
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects. Experience in development of build scripts using Ant, Maven.
- Used combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Open stack(Horizon), Vagrant and SimpleUI(Jenkins) developed a puppet module for automation.
- Set up customized monitoring with Nagios, &PNP4Nagios Graphs for the legacy and new environments.
- Worked on SonarQube dashboard to review the code changes and the reviewer would comment or make necessary changes.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Created custom modules and manifests in Puppet using Facts, Resource Types and Provider to configure, install and run various applications and customized puppet scripts to perform further provisioning for entire stack.
- Managed deployment automation using Puppet Roles, Profiles, MCollective, Hiera, and Custom Puppet modules.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml. Configured Jenkins to build Java Code using Meta Case Software and executed CI process on the Java code generated.
- Proposed different branching strategies for SVN to support the parallel development for various projects.
Environment: (SVN), TFS Version 2013, Jenkins, Jira, Java/J2EE, C#, API Developer, ANT, MAVEN, Puppet, Nexus, UrbanCode, Web Logic, Python, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Linux (RHEL), Windows XP, Oracle, JIRA, Udeploy.