- With 5+ years of Extensive experience includes Build/Release Management, Software Configuration Management and DevOps practices with on premise cloud and public cloud platform like AWS.
- Strong experience in Configuration Management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet performing application builds/packaging, defect management, troubleshooting, version control and environment supervision.
- Extensive experience working with continuous delivery using Chef, created Cookbooks and coded recipes for configuring infrastructures and for automating deployments and administrating infrastructure of the nodes.
- Proficient with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins and Hudson.
- Expert in using different source code version control tools like GIT, SVN and Bitbucket.
- In - depth knowledge of Confidential Subversion (SVN) and Jenkins/Hudson Continuous Integration,
- Server - Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration, plus experience of extending and integrating these tools with other systems, platforms and processes using Shell, bash and Java scripting.
- Developing Maven and Ant scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications to the platforms.
- Expertise working with installation and configuration of web servers like Confidential , Tomcat, and Web Logic.
- Experience in automating deployments on Application Server JBoss, Tomcat.
- Deployed and configured Jenkins CI including slave node configurations and SSH control plane implementations.
- Hands on experience using Nagios and Splunk for Continuous Monitoring.
- Good knowledge on Docker and Docker-files. Containerizing web application from Linux server to Docker containerizes.
- Expertise working with Kubernetes to automate deployment, scaling and management of web Containerized applications.
- Extensive experience with JIRA for Project Planning/Management.
- Strong background in Installation, Configuration, Upgrades, troubleshooting, performance monitoring on RHEL , Sun Solaris, CentOS .
- Expertise in handling tasks in Red Hat Linux , upgrading RPM using YUM , kernel , HBA driver , configure SAN Disks , Multi-pathing and LVM file system.
- Well versed in configuring Volume Groups and Logical Volumes, extended logical volumes for the system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM).
- Installed, configured and implemented the RAID volume management using VERITAS Volume Manager and Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) on Solaris. Also Experienced in VERITAS file system, VERITAS Net Backup for disk management and mirroring tasks.
- Profound knowledge of product deployment in servers, mail servers, monitoring tools & shell scripts, networking, SQL/MySQL.
- Excellent communication skills, high analytical and problem-solving capabilities and good team player.
- Ability to manage (Multiple) project tasks with changing priorities and tight deadlines. Ability to work well in a team. Open to Team related tasks, team meetings, team interaction and conference calls.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a wide variety of people at various levels, foster cooperation and collaboration among individuals in the work unit, help team resolve conflicts constructively and ability and willingness to communicate when help is needed.
Operating systems: Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu), Solaris, Windows variants, Mac OS
Infrastructure as a service: Amazon Web Services(AWS)
Test, Build and Automation: Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Python, Maven, Ant, AnthillPro, Hudson
Continuous Monitoring: Nagios, Log Stash, Cloud Watch
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, Bitbucket
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
Scripting Languages: Bash, Shell, Python, Java, Java Scripts, Ruby, YAML, HTML, CSS
Database: MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, AWS RDS
SDLC: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum
Application/Web Servers: Web logic, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, LAN, WAN, SMTP, FTP/TFTP, RIP, OSPF, Subnets
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Worked with the fast pace of Agile Development team building software systems
- Coordinated with Architects, Systems, Network, Software & QA Engineers, to continuously improve the reliability and efficiency of Build and Deployment processes to support every phase of development including production releases
- Responsible in understanding of the interdependencies and structure of systems and implement this knowledge to improve the build and release processes which allow rapidly evolving product offerings
- Improved continuous integration environment, monitored builds, maintained configuration & automated processes
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Created CHEF manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef recipes, Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY.
- Handled the development of reporting metrics and to provide reports to Management on different levels of statistics
- Worked with Source Control Tools such as GIT Stash, Sub version
- Worked on requests for ad hoc deployment for a particular environment and use the ad hoc deploy plan in bamboo
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Worked on ENV property files management involved in ENV property files promotion to the SCRUM environments
- Configured Red Hat Kick start for installing multiple production servers.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of VMware.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Setup a centralized login mechanism (ELK with Filebeat) based on Docker.
- Managed Code Repository by administering database baseline, improved practices of branching and code merge.
- Used ANT & MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to build scripts and move from one environment to other.
- Used Perl & Shell scripts to automate build & release process; managed Maven project dependencies.
- Built & deployed Java/J2EE to Web App Server in Agile continuous integration environment and automated process.
- Integrated JIRA with Stash and created automated release notes using Perl scripts.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management.
Tools: AWS, Subversion, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Maven, Docker, VMware, JIRA, Stash, Ruby, Web logic, BASH, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, SCRUM, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Build and Release Engineer
- Setting up and building AWS infrastructure resources such as VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Elastic Search, Security Group, Auto Scaling, Lambda and RDS in Cloud Formation and involved in deploying the content to Cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3, EBS.
- Hands on experience with IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON.
- Used Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Support an Agile CI/CD Environment as a DevOps Engineer where we make the Atlassian tools (Jira and Bitbucket) and also provide layer 3 supports on these tools if there are any issues.
- Worked on the Deployment, Configuration, Monitoring and Maintenance of OpenShift Container Platform
- Implemented a Continuous delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI’s.
- Our Continuous Integration stack consists of GIT, Jenkins, CI/CD, the Docker Trusted Registry and OpenShift Enterprise.
- Lead the cloud infrastructure maintenance effort using a combination of Jenkins, Chef and Terraform for automating CICD pipeline in AWS.
- Used OpenShift to improve application security by putting admin consoles on different Docker containers accessible only from unusual port numbers.
- Created automated deployment job for Tomcat with Jenkins and managed deployment automation using Puppet, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Configuration of various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs.
- Responsible for a boarding application teams to build and deploy their code using GitHub, Jenkins and Ansible.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control and Used Ansible to document application dependencies into version control.
- Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies and performed all necessary day to day GIT support for different projects.
- Created new jobs in Jenkins and built pipeline for Continuous Integration and migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool to automate repetitive task.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as a wrapper to manage configurations of AWS nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Worked on maintaining, administering and supporting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
Tools: AWS, Subversion, Azure, TFS, SVN, Chef, Puppet, Nagios, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Shell scripts, PostgreSQL, JIRA, Service Desk, Splunk, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Build and Release Engineer
- Built and managed a large deployment of Red Hat Linux instances systems with Chef Automation and provision virtual servers using vagrant and kitchen in Oracle VM virtual box, provisioned servers in Amazon EC2.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment
- Managed Chef Cook books to automate system operations.
- AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Member of CCM representing changes for Release and environment configuration
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Responsible for code build, release and configuration.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autos calling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Splunk deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS.
- Experimented with Docker, by using Docker-compose.
- Worked on applying patches and recommending necessary security fixes for web Application servers.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Python, Shell script etc.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Tools: stack: AWS, Subversion, Jenkins, Puppet, Web logic, BASH, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts, Ansible, Maven, VMware, JIRA, Stash, Ruby SCRUM, Oracle, Windows.