- Over 9 years of IT Experience in Linux Administration, Release Engineer, Multi Cloud/DevOps Engineer with CICD, Configuration Management, Scripting on Cloud, & On Premises.
- Automated the build & deployments for many applications from end - to-end using CICD strategies with various DevOps tools and technologies.
- Experienced as Lead for building backend infrastructure from scratch using core cloud services (AWS - Developer Tools, IAM, CFT, R53, VPC, S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Lambda, Auto-Scaling, Cloud Watch & Cloud Trail, Azure- Repo, Pipeline, Artifacts, AD, VNet & ARM).
- Expertise in DevOps, Release engineering, Configuration management, Deployment Automation, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation with Agile methodologies which incorporates Azure, AWS, Bitbucket, Jenkins, IBM UCD, Nexus, JFrog, SonarQube, Ansible, Chef, Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic, Linux, Python & Shell Scripting.
- Hands on experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes clusters with its configuration based on requirements and maintaining the Docker hub for container images.
- Expertise in working as Release Engineer on Multi data center project for successfully migrating 150+ active Critical Dependency Production applications into secondary data center and perform the shakeout strategies.
- Engaging with Enterprise Shared Services which are dependent on multiple applications and come up with the strategies to implement it for production environment setup and synchronization with multiple data centers.
Software Build Tools: Ant v1.9, Maven v3.0.3, Nexus Repository Manager v2.1, JFrog v7.7, Nexus IQ Server v1.38
Version & Release Control Systems: SVN 1.8, GIT 2.12 & BitBucket v4.13, Gitlab
Config. Management Tools: Chef, Ansible
Cloud & Containers: AWS - CodeCommit, Code Pipeline, EC2, S3, EBS, Lambda, ECR, IAM, VPC, CFT, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, R53, Azure - Storage, DevOps, Migrate, Google - Cloud Code, Cloud Build, Cloud IAM, Cloud Storage, Terraform, Docker & Kubernetes
CICD Tools: Cloudbees Jenkins 2.x/Hudson 3.2, IBM Clear Quest 8.0.1, IBM UCD, Bamboo 5.1x
Web & Middleware Services: JBOSS AS 7.1/EAP 6.3, Apache 2.2/4, IBM WebSphere 6.x/7, Nginx 1.12/13, Tomcat 8.x/9, WebLogic 11g/12cR1/R2, VMware ESXi 6.x
DB Technologies: Oracle 12c
Ticketing/Documentation Tools: JIRA v7.3.1, Bugzilla v4.4, Confluence v5.8.
Operating Systems: RHEL v6.x/7.x, Ubuntu v13.x/14.1, Cent OS v5.x/6.x, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
Business Management: Tableau, iTIL v3 Foundation, Agile Methodology
SDK & Monitoring Tools: JDK SE v8/9/10, Nagios v4.2.x/3.x, Splunk v6.x/7.x
Programming & Scripting: Java, Shell Scripting, Python
AWS/Azure/ DevOps Engineer
- Implemented technical solutions in building CICD pipeline using AWS CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, EC2, VPC, IAM, S3 and enabling the automation for platform specific applications using Terraform.
- Leading the team to perform their everyday activities of cloud environment and support development teams to help troubleshoot the deployment issues and maintain the environments for high availability and data redundancy.
- Mentoring the team members to help them understand the DevOps methodologies with various tools and technologies (Bitbucket, Jenkins. Nexus, JFrog, SonarQube, IBM ICD, Ansible, Python & Shell Scripting).
- Automating continuous integration process with zero manual intervention by integrating Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins and pushing the build artifacts to JFrog and Nexus.
- Automating the end-to-end CICD pipeline for different platform specific applications using various DevOps tools by following industry standard best practices.
- Writing Python scripts for building, deploying and running post deployment activities after each release and performing complex tasks to monitor the system performances on production environments.
- Building and managing applications on multi-tier architecture hosted on Azure (Repo, Pipeline, VM, VNet, Artifacts) and orchestrating the services with auto-scaling technique using Terraform.
- Writing Terraform scripts for providing the monitoring alarms on cloud and on-premises environments.
- Writing Ansible YAML scripts for configuring and patching remote servers using Ansible.
- Configuring and Integrating the nodes with various environments to automatically provision new machines with Ansible.
- Automated the scheduling, rollout and rollbacks using Kubernetes to launch container on particular cluster nodes and bring it to desired state.
- Deployed and managed applications on Kubernetes using Kubectl and for inspecting the cluster resources for creating, updating and deleting components.
Environment: AWS - Code Commit, Code Pipeline, EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, RDS, R53, Lambda, Azure - Repo, Pipeline, Artifacts, Maven, Cloudbees Jenkins, Nexus, JFrog, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Service Now, Black Duck, JIRA, Confluence, Shell Scripting, Python, JBOSS, Tomcat.
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Automating the build and deployments for different platform specific applications from end-to-end on AWS EC2, EBS, S3, IAM, Route53, Lambda, SNS to reduce manual interventions for application teams in agile environment using DevOps strategies.
- Developing the deployment & delivery pipelines in Jenkins and integrating it with various application specific testing tools (Selenium, Cucumber & SonarQube) for code quality during continuous delivery.
- Developing AWS Cloud Formation Templates in JSON and YAML to automate the environment provisioning on AWS cloud to maintain the stability of the applications on each environment.
- Writing shell and python scripts to automatically checkout the code from Git and build it to deploy the artifacts to the environments.
- Implementing CICD strategies to advance the DevOps methodologies on cloud & on-prem environment using AWS Lambda as serverless architecture to improve the agile development.
- Written python scripts for performing post deployment actions and trigger the calls to specific hosts or API to retrieve the metadata from the logs and attach to release notes.
- Implemented the rapid application development and iteration by making it easy to deploy, update and manage the applications and services on ECS and EKS.
- Building, publishing the customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Developing Tableau workbooks, visualizations and dashboards from multiple data sources using Data Blends and using Tableau desktop.
- Worked on providing to manage environment for deploying and scaling the containerized applications using Kubernetes.
- Coordinated in all aspects of production release management lifecycle including development and test activities by engaging with different application teams and provide DevOps solutions to improve their current build & deployment process for automation with various CICD tools.
Environment: AWS - Developer Tools, CFT, EC2, S3, IAM, R53, Lambda, Auto scaling, ELB, VPC, Beanstalk, RDS, ECS, EKS, BitBucket, Ant, Maven, Cloudbees Jenkins, Nexus, JFrog, IBM Clear Quest, IBM UCD, Kubernetes, Tableau, Service Now, JIRA, Confluence, Shell Scripting, Python, JBOSS, Tomcat, WebLogic.
- Handled the configuration of servers for specified applications on Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using Linux Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Wrote custom cookbooks for automating components that are not available in marketplace.
- Delivered solutions to improve the CI/CD pipeline process, cloud architecture, deployment for AWS Private and Public Cloud and automate the agile methodologies.
- Delivered support for many AWS Services like EC2, EBS, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, IAM, Security Groups, Auto-Scaling AWS CLI and Cloud Watch monitoring, creation and updating.
- Operated on configuration management tool Chef for Continuous Delivery and rewritten recipes for new environments.
- Automated weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting to compile, debug Java code and placing builds into Nexus repository.
- Integrated Chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for continuous delivery framework by writing Chef cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process.
- Installed, configured and automated the Jenkins build jobs with AWS deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins-EC2 plugin and Jenkins-Cloud Formation plugin.
Environment: AWS - EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, IAM, AWS CLI, Cloud Formation, CloudWatch, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Ant, Maven, Nexus, Linux, Ruby, Perl, Shell Scripting, Python, JBOSS, WebLogic, Apache.