- Having 5+ years of experience in IT industry in various roles with a good experience in DevOps Methodologies, Configuration, Continuous Integration and Deployment methodologies comprising of Cloud Engineering and Software Configuration Management (SCM), also involved in CI/CD pipelining with AWS/Azure cloud.
- Expert in compilation, packaging, building, and debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments.
- Knowledge and experience in all Phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Configuration Management (SCM), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD) and Release Management.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services Creating, configuring and Managing EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, Cloud watch, SNS, RDS, Auto Scaling, VPC, AMI, AWS Lambda, IAM, services across AWS Zone.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Hands on experience to setup, configure continuous build processes using Jenkins, Maven, Git, Gradle.
- Design high availability (HA) applications on AWS across availability zones and availability regions.
- Experience in writing bash scripts to deploy the Java - based packages like EAR and WAR on the WebLogic Application Server.
- Designed and implemented CI/CD pipelined and automated solutions.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure, designing, automating, implementing and sustainment of Amazon machine images (AMI) across the AWS Cloud environment.
- Strong ability on using defect tracking and change management tools such as JIRA, BUGZILLA and Bitbucket.
- Good understanding on implementation of CI (continuous integration) /CD (continuous development) methodologies.
- Experience in writing Python and Shell scripts.
- Good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes, clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Maintained the repository management tools like Artifactory and Nexus to store the WAR, JAR files which are deployed by using Chef in Jenkins tool
- Worked on deployment automation of all the Microservices to pull image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Involved in writing Ansible Playbooks, Chef CookBooks and Salt states to provision the environment.
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, VMWare and Centos.
Operating Systems: Linux, UNIX, Windows 7/XP/NT// 98/2000/2003/2008 , Rhel
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Scripting: Shell Scripting, Bash, Sh, and Yaml
Version Control: Subversion (SVN), GIT
Web/Application servers: Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere, WebLogic, VMWare
Database: MySQL, Oracle10, 11g, DB2 and Cassandra
Language Support: Java, SQL, XML, ANT, tools Visual Build Pro
Cloud Environments: AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure
Containership: Docker, Kubernetes
Infrastructure Automation Tools: Ansible, CHEF, Terraform
Code Quality, Analysis, Coverage: SonarQube, Jira, Bugzilla
Monitor Tools: Nagios, Cloud watch, New Relic, Icinga
Testing Tools: Selenium
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
AWS/ Cloud Engineer
- Performing all Linux operating system, disk management and patch management configurations, on Linux instances in AWS.
- Implementing and setting up Route53 for AWS Web Instances, ELB, and CloudFront on AWS environment.
- Utilized Cloud Watch and Logic Monitor to monitor resources such as EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, and S3.
- Created customized AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) polices for various AWS resources to have required accessibility to required resources.
- Created alarms in Cloud Watch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage, maintained user accounts IAM, RDS, and Route53 services in AWS and Azure Cloud.
- Created snapshots for backup of a cluster in Amazon S3, and restored using Amazon Red Shift.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Automating AWS resources and maintaining AWS environment with Python scripting.
- Created Infrastructure in a Coded manner (Infrastructure as Code) using Terraform.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis), deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform.
- Maintained and Handled operations on AWS Cloud Resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, VPC, RDS, ELB creating security groups and worked on atmosphere of cross-functional team within the organization’s Agile project life-cycle.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates using JSON to create customized VPC subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and databases and creating the cross-account IAM roles and giving access to users to access.
- Maintained and developed Docker images for a stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache and several in-house written java services, running in Google Cloud (GCP) on Kubernetes.
- Developed the JSON/Cloud Formation Template files to automate the provision of servers or instances in AWS Platform.
- Providing Configuration support using Ansible 1.9/2.x in Production, UAT, IT and Dev environments.
- Working with Docker containers, Kubernetes, running/managing containers, container snapshots and managing images, Configured and build OpenStack Havana, Icehouse using Ansible and Shell, Python scripts.
- Deployed Java applications/Web-services using CI/CD tool Jenkins in standalone and clustered environments.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks from scratch in YAML. Installing, setting up & Troubleshooting Ansible, created and automated platform environment setup.
- Created, tested and deployed an End to End CICD pipeline for various applications using Jenkins as the main Integration server for Dev, QA, Staging, UAT and Prod Environments.
Environment: AWS, Azure, Linux, Python, VPC, IAM, S3, EBS, ELB, SDK, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Kafka, GCP, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, kubectl, k8s, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Maven, Ant, SVN, GitHub, Nexus, JIRA, Service Now, New Relic, Java, Apache Tomcat, JSON, Shell, Python.
Confidential, Washington DC
Cloud Admin / DevOps Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing most of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Worked with Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS, S3 buckets.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN/Git and used ant/maven to build war/jar artifacts
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Integrated Sonar qube with Jenkins to test the code quality.
- Working with Jira and confluence to update the documentation related to Jenkins, AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS’s Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in clusters.
- Creation of RDS database instances PostgreSQL in AWS and the MongoDB cluster making use of EC2 and VPC and launched via Cloud Formation Template.
- Used Docker in the process of implementing high level API which provide light weight containers to run the applications, as well as for building and pushing the images in various environments.
- Load balancing the application from dev through QA, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector services and deployed application containers as pods and created Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels by writing YAML files.
- Maintaining Subversion (SVN) and GIT repositories, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Used Bug tracking tool like JIRA for ticketing, Integrating into Splunk Enterprise and Bug Reporting for products through JIRA.
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using ansible to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk, also utilized New Relic for monitoring.
- Managed version control tools like GIT and Bitbucket for branching, merging, and resolving the conflicting errors.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Jenkins, VDI, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, Git.
Confidential, Austin TX
DevOps System Engineer
- Created network architecture on AWS VPC, subnets, Internet Gateway, Route Table and NAT Setup and set-up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Actively involved in Architecting the Puppet infrastructure to manage servers in different environments and utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Written Puppet manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services and used Puppet server for workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Built CI/CD pipeline from scratch using Jenkins for our Java applications by integrating GitLab, JIRA, Maven and Tomcat.
- Configured Jenkins-Artifactory plugin to upload the artifacts on to Artifactory after the build is success and integrated build tools with Jenkins and created jobs to automate and deploy the application into end servers.
- In the CI pipeline, mainly focused on performing integration of code quality analysis techniques like check styles, find bugs, Junit with CI tools like Jenkins, Ant and Maven.
- Installed Jenkins Plug-in for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Chef as a CI/CD Process.
- Strong in building and written Shell Scripts ad Perl Scripts on UNIX and experienced in development with Shell, Python, PowerShell scripting languages.
- Used SonarQube dashboard to review the code changes and the reviewer would comment or make changes.
- Installed and administrated Nexus repository to deploy the artifacts generated by maven and to store the dependent jars, which are used during the build.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, EC2 instance, S3, IAM, VPC, CloudWatch, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Git, SVN, JIRA, Bash, Jboss, Web Sphere, Http, Linux.