- DevOps/Cloud professional with 7 years of experience in IT industry with Strong experience in Cloud, DevOps, Build & Release Management, Software Integration, System Administration and Configuration management
- Experienced in designing, deploying, and operating highly available, scalable, and fault - tolerant systems using AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes, Ansible & Terraform, and skilled in CI/CD automation.
- Played a significant role as a part of an engineering team designated to design a new platform to host applications on AWS and set up VPN tunnels from corporate network to VPCs, designed the Subnets and Routing in AWS.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and managing security groups for EC2 servers with AWS CLI and SDK tools.
- Designed roles and groups using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM), RDS, Redis, Aurora, Dynamo DB, SQS, SNS.
- Experience in automatic deploying of applications with Amazon Lambda and Elastic Beanstalk (PAAS).
- Deployed and monitored GCP App Engine, Kubernetes, Compute engine using Go Lang on GCP infrastructure.
- Configured and created Terraform scripts for launching the entire infrastructure on AWS, Azure, GCP and VM ware.
- Experienced in migrating infrastructure and application from on prem to AWS & Cloud to Cloud such as AWS to Azure.
- Expertise in Azure Development worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure AD, Azure Web Roles and Worker Roles.
- Experience in Azure storage services, Blob and File Storage, Setting up of Azure CDN and load balancers.
- Experience in creating CI/CD pipeline using Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Code Pipeline to provide continuous Delivery.
- Experienced in setting up Kubernetes application using GKE and building Compute, App Engine in GCP.
- Experienced in working with the OpenShift Enterprise v3.7-3.11 on RedHat 7 environment to provide self-manage cloud.
- Extensive experience with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers and helped developers to build and containerize their application pipeline (CI/CD) to deploy them on cloud and KOPS for managing K8.
- Experienced in working on several Docker components that includes Docker Engine, Hub, Compose and Docker Registry and deployed micro-service apps into containers using ECS (Elastic container service) and handle the Kubernetes cluster.
- Experience in verifying Open stack environment in Docker Containers tests before upgrading production environment.
- Experienced in working with fully managed Kubernetes using EKS service in AWS and managed the deployment, maintenance, and Monitoring Kubernetes clusters on cloud and on-premises infrastructure.
- Experience on complete software development life cycle (SDLC) worked with different software development models such as Agile, Scrum Model, JIRA, Waterfall models.
- Experience on procedural and declarative style Configuration management tools using Ansible, CHEF and PUPPET.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles, used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems, wrote scripts using YAML and automate software update and Verify functionality.
- Extensively worked on creating Chef Recipes, Chef Roles, Templates, Attributes, Cookbooks on Workstation using Ruby and running recipes on nodes managed by on-premises Chef Server.
- Experience with continuous integration and application delivery using Jenkins and GIT Plugin for version control, Nexus for Artifacts, ANT, Maven and Gradle builds for deployment in Java and managing application using WebSphere, Tomcat.
- Proficient with Go Lang, Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Power Shell, JSON, YAML and Groovy scripting languages.
- Experience in using Atlassian tools JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo for defect management, team collaboration, source code management and continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Experience with ticketing & Project Management tools like JIRA, Azure DevOps, Bugzilla and ServiceNow.
- Expertise in configuring monitoring log applications using tools like ELK, Nagios and Splunk .
- Experience with VMware Esx 4.x, 5.x&6.0 in Configuring, managing clusters and Data Centers in VSphere and VCenter.
Cloud Services: AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Platform
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, Bit bucket, Code Commit, Confluence
Build Tools: Maven, Ant and Gradle
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, U-Deploy, Azure DevOps
Configuration Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Amazon ECS, AWS Fargate, ACS, GKE, Vagrant
Application Servers: WebSphere 6.0, Apache Server, WebLogic 9.0/10.0, Apache Tomcat and JBOSS AS 7.x/6.x/5.x
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE) Solaris 11/10/9/8, Ubuntu 12/13/14Windows 2008,12,16
Virtualization: VMware, Oracle Virtual box, VMware ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, KVM
Monitoring Tools: ELK, CloudWatch, Stack Driver, Nagios, Splunk, Grafana, VictorOps, Datadog
Ticketing Tools: Jira, Service Now
Scripting languages: Bash and Korn Shell scripting, Go Lang 1.x,Perl, Ruby, Python, YAML,JSON, Groovy.
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, RDS, Aurora, Redis, MySQL, NOSQL (Mongo DB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NIS+NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SAMBA, TELNET, Firewalls.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Configured and Implemented various AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, optimized volumes and instances, configured different storage range of S3 classes adding versioning and lifecycle policies and backup files and archive files in Glacier, used IAM and its features.
- Defined AWS Lambda functions for making changes to Amazon S3 buckets and updating Amazon DynamoDB table and used Redis elastic cache to store in memory data.
- Configured a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups and Route Tables.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers, Managed and analyzed the petabyte-scalable data using AWS Redshift cluster.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS EC2 using the AWS Connector for vCenter with AWS Server Migration Service (SMS). Migrated SQL database to Amazon Arora using AWS Database Migration Service with high availability.
- Developed Terraforms plugins using Python to set up and manage the AWS infrastructures such as launching the EC2 instances, S3 buckets objects, VPC, Subnets, security groups, NACL and IAM access.
- Integrated Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create a Version the AWS Infrastructure, designing, automating, and implementing of Amazon machine images (AMI) across the AWS Cloud environment.
- Created Cloud Formation scripts to automate the provisioning of AWS resources like IAM, EC2, S3, Route 53, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling and make calls to provision and configure servers on the instances.
- Involved in Implementation of CI & CD pipeline involving Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Kops, ECS to automation from commit to deployment and also used Code commit and Code build for continuous integration.
- Worked on AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, Nginx.
- Deployed and built applications using Google App Engine applications and Functions to run Go code on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) without managing the underlying infrastructure.
- Monitored Data, API call, CPU utilization, Bug tracking, Trace on GCP and AWS using stack driver integrating with third party monitoring tool Splunk and monitored dashboards.
- Modernized the application by moving monolithic to microservices and Created repository for the Jenkins Docker image using Amazon ECS definitions to launch containers on Amazon EC2 instances.
- Created Google Cloud storage using gsutil package to create, upload and delete Html, CSS, Images in the bucket. Designed and implemented GKE cluster and run jobs on a GKE cluster and measured performance.
- Created a hybrid cloud infrastructure integrating GCP and AWS to manage high availability using cloud VPN.
- Used AWS Fargate, built a serverless compute engine and provisioned ECS task definition, stored the repositories in ECR and worked on managing containers using Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS).
- Implemented hybrid cloud environment with vSphere 7 with Kubernetes enabling CI/CD processes. Fastened the build and deployment in K8 using Golang with the help of system libraries.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker to build, test and Octopus Deploy with micro service driven architecture, autoscaling, disaster recovery, zero down time deployment enabled using Blue- Green, Canary release and
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles and created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and orchestrated continuous deployments with zero downtime using rolling update.
- Worked on Designing, Installing, and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and writing playbooks for Ansible using YAML and deploying applications and used Ansible galaxy for Documentation and References.
- Created Log collection in ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) installed File Beat on all nodes in cluster to send log data to Logstash and applied filters on log data before sending to Amazon Elastic Search service managed Kibana.
- Created CloudWatch Alarms using Cloud trail Log streams and stored events in private S3 bucket for future purposes.
- Used JFrog Artifactory to store and maintain the artifacts in the binary repositories and push new artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project using Jenkins Artifactory Plugin.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations, and plugins for Jira bug/issue tracker integrated Jenkins with Jira, GitHub.
- Advised end clients on WebSphere, JBOSS, Tomcat practices based on results from ITCAM diagnostics Executed Installation and configuration of ITCAM for WebSphere v8.5.5.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in Maven pom.xml files to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the Java jar files.
- Provided support on the production servers on a rotation basis and was involved in creating documentation.
- Involved in cloud Architecting and implementing Azure Services Offering such as Azure cloud services, storage, Active Directory, Resource Management, VM, VNETS, Network Gateways/Load Balancers, Files and functions, Service bus.
- Created Azure Storage Planning, Migrated Blob Storage for document and media file, table storage for structured datasets, Queue storage for reliable messaging for workflow processing and file storage to share file data.
- Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics and used Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, and Docker container.
- Involved in implementing Azure AD using AD connect, configured SSO and multifactor Authentication. Also configured SSO from Windows 10 based computer which is joined to Azure AD. Implemented and managed AD synchronization.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for user validation in the Azure Active Directory which are developed Python scripts for getting user credentials in the Azure LDAP system to validate the user authentication.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, VM Role, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and recovery service vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal .
- Written Templates for Azure Infrastructure as code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Configure Continuous Integration from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configured continuous delivery and deployment.
- Automated the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications on azure infrastructure on top of Azure web apps and managed Azure Active Directory, Office 365 and applied upgrades on a regular basis.
- Migrate on-premises machines to Azure, using the Azure Site Recovery.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS and used amazon API Gateway to process multiple concurrent API requests.
- Created Docker images and deployed Docker containers for Tomcat Servers, Prometheus, Grafana, and alert manager.
- Implemented and setting up load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto-scaling Kubernetes Azure infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and built additional Docker Slave that are running in Kubernetes using custom-built Docker images and instances and created Docker images using a Docker file.
- Administrated OpenStack in creating, managing users, roles, groups, domains, services, endpoints.
- Deploying windows Kubernetes (K8s) cluster with Azure Container Service from Azure CLI, store in repository (ACR) and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and Octopus Deploy.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Experience in using Docker and setting Azure Container Registry with Docker and actively involved in deployments on to AKS with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and Container Service.
- Conducted POCs with Docker based applications, server configurations in cloud and Setting up the automated build on Docker HUB and attached Docker snapshots running in the container and managing Docker volumes.
- Installing and configuring of Chef server, Chef-solo along with creating Chef Cookbooks and implemented latest releases of Chef- Solo, Compliance, Habitat, and written Chef Recipes and configure Nagios for monitoring Infrastructure.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premises, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Performed Production WebSphere 7.8. Support and troubleshooting. Using Datadog Ops monitoring servers and integrates in Cloud Watch, Chef and Ansible
- Created alerts in VictorOps and Integrated VictorOps with Splunk and Grafana and Jira as ticketing tool. Extensive experience with ServiceNow and have an understanding of the ServiceNow enterprise product suite.
Build and Release Engineer
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant to schedule the builds and configured GitHub Enterprise in conjunction with Jenkins as a Continuous Integration platform, worked with integration of Jenkins Plugins, created jobs, performed automated builds and deployments.
- Implemented PowerShell scripts for automating tasks and processes for end to end automation and automated script creation using Jenkins & PowerShell for record management.
- Worked on Nexus tool to manage the repository in Maven, for internal projects releases and to share snapshots. Used Nexus tool to manage the repository in Maven and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Worked on creating MAVEN files, editing files in case of error or changes in the project requirements, deployed the archives to Tomcat Web server and Web sphere Application Servers.
- Used GIT as Version Control System for maintaining the discipline required working with the codes on different files and performed branching and merging of code lines in GIT, addition of revision lines and resolving the conflicts that arose during integration and rebase.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks, used Rally tool for tracking user stories and backlogs.
- Worked on VMware ESXI 5.5 Host Server Installation, Configuration Maintenance, VSphere Suite with P2P and P2V, Virtual Machines Installation, Configuration Maintenance. Worked extensively on VMware Update Manager for Host upgrades and patches. PostgreSQL Installation, Configuration, Migration, Upgrades and Patches.
- Implemented and enhanced existing scripts developed in Shell and Ruby managed server on VMware vSphere, vCenter, configured Shell and Python scripts to automate system administration jobs.
- Setup puppet master, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environment. Worked on Puppet modules with Jenkins for continuous integration and continuous deployment of managed products, and related services.
- Worked closely with our Product Management, Development, and QA team in a continuous delivery environment. Supported applications and servers in Development, Testing and Production, supporting and maintaining client server applications on Linux servers, tuning of the kernel parameters.
- Responsible for implementing monitoring solutions in Ansible, Terraform , Docker, and Jenkins. Write Terraform scripts from scratch for building Dev, Staging, Prod and DR environments.
- Extensively used Java Collection framework and Exception handling. Experience in performance tuning and troubleshooting Java and JS application by performing thread and heap dump analysis and utilizing profiling and monitoring tools like Wiley, Dynatrace and Google Dev tools profiles and network tools and log monitoring solutions like Splunk and ELK stack .
- Developed various helper classes needed following Core Java multi-threaded programming and Collection classes. Design and develop GUI and back-end components for analysis and collaboration software in Google Web Toolkit, Java and XML in a UNIX environment.
- Good knowledge and experience in using Elasticsearch, kibana and fluentd, CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk, Prometheus and Grafana for logging and monitoring.