- Creative web developer with 10+ years experience developing and maintaining web sites in both LAPP and LAMP stacks. Familiar with content management systems (CMS) including Wordpress and Futuretense Excelerate. A passion for improving usability and accessiblity from both front and back end develeopment. Consults with customers, users, designers, engineers and managers to ensure complete understanding and agreement on final layouts, with the intention of not only meeting but exceeding expectations.
Development Tools: PhotoShop, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE, phpPgAdmin, Bugzilla, CVS, Symfony
Development Platforms: Unix - Linux/Solaris/IRIX/HPUX, Macintosh - 8/9/X
Servers: Postgres, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, Apache
- Improved the usability of the registration form, eliminating unnecessary steps, cleaning up the data display, making it more consistent, and offering multiple options for entering data.
- Redesigned the event search page with data displayed in a more concise format. Added additional search functions and the ability to hide descriptions to further consolidate the list.
- Improved functionality of administration forms by adding key data to the output.
- Implemented a redesign of the site, improving navigation, and continuing work on cross-browser and mobile compatibility.
- Created SQL selects to gather data for generating reminders.
- Developed web forms in PHP to add, modify and view database data, and improved upon existing pages.
- Added new features to websites for desktop and phone.
- Created a page using canvas elements and adapting an open source JS module to display graphs.
Web Form Developer
- Developed web forms in PHP to view and modify database fields, allowing for editing and saving of additional data only by users with editing permissions.
- Modified CSS3 and HTML5 to ensure cross-browser compatibility of content with new page layout.
- Reviewed PHP queries for issues in transfering from MySQL to Oracle and modified as necessary.