- DevOps Engineer with 7 years of experience in Architect, Design and Implementation of secured Cloud solutions on private cloud (On - premise), Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform(GCP) with expertise in administration, automation and operations across various physical and virtual platforms (UNIX, Linux, and containerization ) including Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and Automation of Infrastructure as Code.
- Design and architect solutions on common Kubernetes services and platforms such as EKS, GKE, AKS and Rancher.
- Hands on Experience in IT with building, scaling & supporting Hadoop Clusters and maintaining distributed application platform.
- Experience in implementing DevOps culture, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) using tools such as JenKins, Docker, SVN, Maven and Git.
- Hands on expertise with configuration tools like Chef, Puppet, Salt stack and Ansible. Created several Cookbooks, Manifests and Playbooks to automate infrastructure maintenance & configuration.
- Expertise in automated build platforms / continuous integration using DevOps methodologies.
- Storage and update of pre-configured VM images, applications, and tools in Docker to reduce the downtime and maintain high availability
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSql tools such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra and Redis.
- Experience in using Tomcat, JBOSS, Weblogicand WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Experience in setting up message queuing services RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as NewRelic, Nagios, cloud watch, for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience with log aggregation tools like ELK ( Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana )
- Strong advocate of Microservices over monolithic approach, architect applications to be independently scalable, version able and deployable.
Public Cloud Platform: Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services Cloud Watch, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Auto-Scaling, IAM Roles, Users, Elastic IP’s, Security Policies, Cloud Formation, Knowledge on VPC, EC2, EKS, S3, Auto scaling, Cloud watch, cloud formation, Cloud trail, SNS, SES.
Operating Systems: Red hat Linux 4/5/6/7, Solaris 9/10/11
Languages/Technologies: Shell, Python, Ruby, Golang, HTML, XML, CSS
Databases: Oracle, Postgres, MySql, Elastic Search.
Software/Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Salt Stack, Ansible, Puppet, Kickstart, Terraform, Spinnkar, Artifactory, GitHub, fluentd, helm, istio, bamboo, Logstash, Rabbitmq
Monitoring Tools: Prometheus, Influx DB, Sensu, Icinga, Nagios, Monit, Grafana, Chronograf, Kibana.
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, HTTP, VPN, DNS, NTP, FTP, SSH, and Telnet
Application Server: Web Logic 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, JBoss 4.22. GA Web Sphere 6.x/7.x/8.x.
Virtualization: VSphere 5.0/4.0/ 4.1, ESX/ESXi server 5.0/4.1/4.0/3.5/3.0.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Implemented GCP cloud solutions cloud SQL, storage bucket, cloud DNS, GKE Auto scaling groups in k8s cluster.
- Create clusters in Google Cloud and manage the clusters using Kubernetes(k8s). Using Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, create new namespaces, creating docker images and pushing them to container registry of Google Cloud Involved in writing python scripts for automation.
- Hands-on experience setting up Kubernetes (k8s) Clusters for running microservices. Took several microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm and creating reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages .
- Deployed microservices in Prod
- Worked with the ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash and Kibana) stack to analyze log data obtained from Microsoft Business Intelligence tools.
- Setup Alerting and monitoring using monitoring tools Prometheus and Grafana.
- Worked at all phases of Software Development Lifecycle and handled change management process for application development.
Environment: Gcp cloud, open stack, bamboo, kubernetes, helm, istio, Prometheus, Grafana, fluentd and elastic stack
- Review and assess the risk of changes throughout the release process and ensure quality, while automating build and release functions in development, QA, UAT and production environments.
- Managed continuous build and continuous integration environments in SCRUM and AGILE projects.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins.
- Deployed application which is containerized using Docker onto a Kubernetes cluster which is managed by Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS).
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling groups.
- Installed, configured, and supported Puppet to standardize environments.
- Worked on Puppet extensively for deployment for servers, creating custom scripts and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Linux and Unix Servers ( Redhat, Suse, Cent OS, Solaris) at multiple Data Centers.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple applications.
- Involved in writing various scripts like Bash, Shell, and Ruby for automation.
- Designed and implemented the real-time monitoring solution which can monitor the fleet data in real-time and create an alert condition if something out of the ordinary occurs. It can also visualize the fleet in its entirety, creating a real-time dashboard of fleet status.
Environment: Redhat Linux, Puppet, Puppet Master, AWS EC2, GIT, Docker, Jenkins, Websphere.
- Automated, configured and deployed instances in AWS cloud and worked with Amazon EC2, S3 and Elastic IP.
- Used Puppet to enhance configuration Management to assist automation, configuration and application deployment.
- Implemented Puppet Modules and Manifests to Automate configuration and deployment of various applications and services.
- Created dynamic routing/load balancing capability enabling large application scaling, used ingress rules and Ingress Controllers - Nginx
- Saved and managed software code base and revisions in a repository using source control tools like Git and SVN.
- Perform performance monitoring (Nagios) and report activity log.
- Automated system management tasks using Shell, Bash, Perl and Ruby
- Configured Multipath added SAN, created physical volumes, volume groups, and logical volumes.
- Set up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Responsible for setting up and managing Kickstart and Jumpstart environments.
Environment: Solaris 10/Red Hat 5.x/6.x, CentOS 5.x/6.x, Puppet, Jenkins, Vagrant, Nagios, SVN,AWS, Web server Apache 1.3x, JBoss, SAN Storage, VMware