- Around 8+ years of professional experience into AWS, DevOps Engineer with a major focus on Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), Build, Deployment, Release Management, Automation, Troubleshooting, Maintenance and Enhancement.
- Experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Lambda, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Redshift, Auto Scaling, CloudFront, IAM, and Route53.
- Experienced in Windows Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on Azure PaaS storages like Blob (Page and Block), Sql Azure. Well experienced in deployment & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Experienced in Test end - to-end project management & Cloud Computing -Microsoft Azure, Application Life Cycle Management and Application Security & Compliance.
- Proficient level of experience on DevOps essential tools like Puppet, Ansible,Docker, Kubernetes, Ant, Maven.
- Hands-on administrative experience with the installation of packages and deployment of Applications in Web Logic, Web Sphere, and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Designed and developed continuous deployment pipelines, integrating Git and Jenkins
- Strong understanding of the principals and best practices of Software Configuration Management in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience with Build Management tools like ANT and Maven along with ability to create, debug, diagnose and troubleshoot build scripts.
- Well versed with configuration management policies and practices along with automation by using scripting languages like Ruby, Shell, Json, Python, PowerShell, Perl Scripting and PHP.
- Experience working with the OpenShift Enterprise which allows developers to quickly develop, host and scale applications in a self-manage cloud environment
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds
- Experience in Configuring, managing and troubleshooting Physical, Virtual infrastructure in Cloud and On-Premise on Windows server, Active Directory, Networking, Storage, VMware, Hyper -V, AWS Cloud. Working knowledge of various GCP infrastructure design and implementation strategies
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud infrastructural components.
- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using, Chef, Maven in Linux environment
- Experience in provision of automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform and Ansible, in addition to deployment tools like SVN, GIT, TFS, PVCS, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Perforce, Cruise Control, and Bamboo.
- Strong knowledge on CI tools like Jenkins, Hudson and Cruise control.
- Extensive experience in SCM concepts: Branching, Merging, Check-in/out, Labeling, Tagging, Packaging, Baselines and Releases.
- Hands on experience in using ELK (Elastic Search, Kibana, Log stash), Splunk, Nagios to get data for each application about usage.
- Experience in setting up UNIX/Linux environments for various applications. Worked on different Linux distributions like Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, CentOS.
- Efficient in Maven for the build process and Bamboo as continuous integration build tool and Worked on build failures on trouble shooting.
- Prototype CI/CD system with GitLab on utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the Setting up data in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Experience in Java build tools like Ant, Maven, and Gradle for the building of deployable artifacts such as (jar, war & ear) from source code and MS-Build for .Net.
- Migrated java base applications and java web-based applications and migrated ETL based applications, Server less ETL based application setup on top of cloud AWS.
- Experience in SCM practices using Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Build, ANT, NANT, and automation in Perl/Shell scripts.
- Expertise in Trouble Shooting the problem generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Analyze Cassandra database and compare it with other open-source NoSQL databases to find which one of them better suites the current requirement.
- Experience in working with different Bug Tracking, Project Management tools likeJIRA, Rally, Remedy, Fisheye, Crucible HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Worked on Terraform Interface between Jenkins and AWS to implement auto scaling, cloud watch in Jenkins.
- Docker container deploying micro services, and scaling the deployment using Kubernetes.
- Experience in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS and Tomcat over AWS, Azure Cloud.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Install, configure, modify, test & deploy applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx & Tomcat, and JBoss App Servers.
Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu, UNIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Solaris.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, IAM, VPC, RDS, SNS, SQS, Azure, Glacier, Route53, Cloud Watch Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Auto Scaling.
Virtualization Tools: VMware, Oracle Virtual Box
SCM Tools: TFS,Perforce, GIT, SVN, GitHub, Bit Bucket, Nexus.
Build/Automation Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Hudson, Anthill Pro,Bamboo.
Networking: TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, FTP/TFTP, ARP/RARP,IPX/SPX, PPP, IGRP, NIS
Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash Shell scripting, PowerShell, Json, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script.
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, OpenShift, Vagrant.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, and ELK.
Web Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Jboss, NGNIX, HTTPs, Apache, IIS, HIS.
Databases: MYSQL, MS SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Oracle, AWS RDS.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest, Bugzilla, and HP Quality Center.
Confidential - Sunnyvale, CA
- Design, develop and maintain the Continuous Integration pipelines for automatic build and release f artifacts to both cloud and onpremise customers.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Ansible, Jenkins and GitHub, Nexus,
- Maven and AWS AMI's.
- Involved in writing Ansible Playbooks for configuring the Application/Database servers and also to automate the Continuous Delivery process by bootstrapping the nodes with Host servers.
- Designed data pipelines for loading network data in Elastic search for consumption with Kibana dashboard and graphs.
- Maintenance of source code in Git for various releases and markets based on the project requirements.
- Creation and maintenance of branches for parallel development as part of Git activities.
- Creation of POM.xml using Maven, to build and package for deployment activities on various environments.
- Automating the infrastructure as a code using chef. Developed and Maintained Recipes for
- Configuration Management using Chef.
- Developing chef cookbook for managing the applications configuration by integrating and verifying with Jenkins plugins and deploying the applications into the Linux environment.
- Having good experience on Docker in creating custom Docker Images using Docker files.
- Creating Docker Containers, Data Volumes and Port Expose..
- Provision Docker Containers for Developers and Tester to mimic Production box for developing and testing the new features, service and enhancements
- Creation of Jenkins configurations to generate project artifacts as part of packaging and deployment activities.
- Worked on installing plug-ins, creating jobs, integrating test cases.
- Verify Deployments logs to check for successful deployments.
- Worked with Maven directory structure, plug-in, and repositories to build a project.
- Building a complete web application using Maven. Building and activating profiles for different environment.
- Installed and configured Master/Slave Jenkins in a server and Client.
- Created Jenkins builds. Configured Apache Maven with Jenkins.
- Configured Maven and Jenkins to deploy the generated artifacts to Artifactory.
- Responsible for creating branches, merging and resolving merging conflicts.
- Writing shell scripts to automate manual and repetitive tasks. Responsible for modifying and tuning existing scripts.
- Generate report and send an email to managers about status of daily builds and weekly builds.
- Installed, configured the web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and Web Sphere
- Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Configured RDS instances using Cloud formations and Terraform.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/ Gradle scripts for Java/J2EE build and release Used
- PowerShell/Ruby Scripts for automation purpose.
- Used JIRA for ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, chef, Jenkins, Windows, Linux, Shell, Tomcat, SonarQube,Nagios,Linux.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Planned, deployed, monitored, and maintained AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes as required in the environment.
- Worked extensively with AWS services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, SNS, RDS, AutoscalingGroups, Route 53, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, EBS, Policy, VPC, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Formation, Tomcat, Git and GitHub.
- Worked with multiple development groups to design and create automated build and deployment processes for each new version released to client. Responsible for promoting code through several controlled environments.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integrationsystem configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Developed CI/CD process for front-end Angular application, using Jenkins and UDeploy for continuous integration and deployment, integrated Sonar for code Quality.
- Extensive working experience in agile environment and have an overall understanding of SDLC and process.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template. Versioning enabling, data management and CORS in S3 buckets.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Ansible.
- Installed and configured Ansible, perform admin tasks, configuration management, writing of modules for execution on remote VMs.
- Maintained all the Linux environments for deployments and monitored Linux server for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and Disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
- Set up and built AWS infrastructure with various services available by writing cloud formation templates in json.
- Developed Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, managing the Chef Client nodes, and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Designed Stacks using Amazon CloudFormation templates to launch AWS Infrastructure and resources
- Utilized Configuration Management Tools like Terraform, Ansible & Chef. Written Chef Recipes in Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration
- Worked with GitHub to manage source code repositories and performed branching, merging, and tagging depending on requirement.
- Gathered user requirements and authored Functional Specification and Requirements documents based on client feedback, use cases and user stories.
- Responsible for creating central repositories, branches, tagging and merging in Subversion.
- Responsible for deployment of WAR, EAR files along with environment specific properties from Dev into QA, Stage and PROD environments.
- Authored Ant/Maven scripts to automate entire build process. Migrated ANT projects into Maven for better build performance. Responsible for Releases (enhancement, maintenance, Emergency and bug fixes) into QA, Stage and Prod environments.
- Extensive PowerShell and VBScript scripting for Remote management of Windows servers. Managed security and launch configurations using PowerShell.
- Configured Jenkins to pull and build changes in code on a timed cycle and integrated the build deployment with Selenium for Testing.
- Developed Bash and Python scripts to automate applications migration and monitor application health during migration.
- Experience in building an automated build pipeline and deployment, by implementing DevOps principles CI, CD and agile and lean software development methodologies to seamlessly deliver high quality software applications to the end users at the speed of need generating value for the company and the customers.
- Experience in development of CloudFormation script to automate the EC2 instances with JSON templates.
- Used OpenShift in automating the software delivery process to achieve Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using shell scripting.
- Administered Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration to automate application packaging and deployments by integrating it with Git, Maven, JIRA and Email servers.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process. Provided end-user training for all GitHub users to effectively use the tool.
- Participated in Sprint planning meetings to deliver incremental updates to the user and gather continuous feedback to continue the improvement cycle.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting in Production using CloudWatch and used SNS to send email and text messages.
- As a part of the team responsible for containerization efforts and migration of Java apps to OpenShift Enterprise.
- Hands-on experience creating and managing development, build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Experience with the network security configuration and OS management in the organization by administrating the tools Netstat, Tcpdump, Curl, key tool.
- Experience with the developer and end- user support, troubleshooting skills in production issues and in critical situations with the applications.
- Worked on maintaining the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers, storage using AWS CloudWatch.
- Granted security and configured user access and limits using AWS Identity and Access Management by creating new profiles, roles, groups and policies for user management. Wrote the Cloud formation Templates to spin up the required Environments.
- Worked on building and developing Java code through Jenkins.
- Worked with DevOps platform team, was responsible for specialization areas related to Puppet for cloud automation. Implementing Change requests for server configuration, software installation. Managing Linux VMs using puppet as per project requirements.
- Hands on experience in Development and deployment of a monitoring cluster in AWS based on Docker Swarm based on Sensu with Bash, and Ruby scripting.
- Integrated reporting web application into Tomcat servlet container/Apache web server environment on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Extensively worked on automation for deployment/configuration of different Application servers like Web Sphere, WebLogic, and JBoss. Web Servers like and Apache, Tomcat and Web Containers like Nginx etc.
- Deployed various Unix Servers which includes Red Hat, Open SUSE and Solaris distribution and provided administration and support.
- Utilized Ansible, Git and Rundeck to install and configure Linux environments with successful production.
- Mainly responsible for Stash, Bamboo, Source tree, Git, SVN, VSS, Team city and Teamsite and implementing automation across department.
- Developed and defined a CICD model to implement across multiple front and backend teams and applications. Analyzed, defined, and developed build process improvements using TFS.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash.
- Developed custom OpenShift templates to deploy the applications and to create the Openshift objects build, deployment configs, services, routes and persistent volumes.
- Writing new plugins in Nagios to monitor resources. Working in implementation team to build and engineer servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux. Provisioning virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using Cloud.
- Worked on continuous integration and continuous deployments. Worked Jenkins/Hudson as CI tools. Configured security, SSH, Gradle/Maven from Jenkins and managed various third party plug-in.
- Changed the AWS infrastructure Elastic Beanstalk to Docker with Kubernetes. With this change provided better performance and easier management of the production environment.
- Built, configured and supported Application team environments. Integrated GitHub and Gitlab, Gradle with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration process.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Scheduled UNIX scripts in Jenkins jobs to automate daily tasks like backups, monitoring the alert logs, and backup logs to send notification to emails.
- Wrote plugins for monitoring tools (Sensu) using Ruby cucumber.
- Hands on experience in Development and deployment of a monitoring cluster in AWS based on Docker Swarm based on Sensu with Bash, Python and Ruby scripting.
- Experience in Agile Methodology and Agile Engineering practices like TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment Experience in DevOps tool like Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Maven, Jfrog Artifactory and Gradle.
- Worked on setting up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Webservers.
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Wrote bash and python scripts related to Azure platform automation
- Presented View Object pattern in Web Application Automation, Ruby, Rake, Power shell, Selenium, Team City.
- Used Maven, Gradle as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and conducted SVN to GIT migration.
- Configured MS Build to resolve dependencies and deploy build artifacts through Artifactory.
- Managed batch jobs in UNIX for data automated import and export of data using Perl Scripts.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Performed troubleshooting, fixed and deployed many Python bug fixes of the two main applications that were a main source of data for both customers and internal customer service team.
- Strong understanding in writing the automation of processes using the shell script with bash and Python.
- Involved in development of Jenkins framework for continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins to automate build, test, and deploy archives.
- Architecture and Implementation experience with medium to complex on premise to Azure migrations.
- Worked on Continuous Integration CI/Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline for Azure Cloud Services using CHEF.
- Deployed and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Chef and Ansible.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Worked on creation of puppet manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Deployed artifacts into WebLogic/WebSphere servers. Automated Web server provisioning using Puppet. Wrote Puppet manifests to preserve system state for maintenance.
- Experience in mitigating the configuration requirements in future by adopting Docker and modern chef based concepts and allowing operations to function like PAAS (Platform as a Service)
- Worked on Nexus, Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds to upload/download the built Artifacts.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in Sonatype NEXUS repository.
- Designed and architected the solutions for JBOSS Community Edition, Red Hat JBOSS EAP and Oracle WebLogic environments
- Knowledge on implementing REST based web services to facilitate communication between client and servers.
- Used the JSON configuration files and PowerShell to automate CI/CD pipelines.
- By using Docker and setting Azure Container Registry with Docker and Docker-compose and actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. Monitoring apps servers using ELK - Elasticsearch, Log stash and Kibana for debug and logging. Integrating the AppDynamics with Splunk to analyze the logs in Splunk.
- Setting up UNIX/Linux environments for various applications. Worked on different Linux distributions like Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, CentOS.
- Setting up and implementing CI & CD framework using Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes on AWS servers.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, pushing the images and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Involved in End-to-End, Build, Release Management process using Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Gradle.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Python, JSON and Run deck.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and Worked on the GitHub.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Production through RedHat OpenShift.
- Worked on writing JSON templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributed to our repository on GitHub.
- Working actively as part of Problem Management team and closely working with TFS Product group to fix the issue/bug and identify root cause on TFS instances related issues.
- Worked extensively on cross-platforms (Windows and UNIX) with UCM ClearCase, Subversionand GIT.
- Integrated Build Process through Jenkins to various SCM tools like GitHub, SVN.
- Involved in development of Jenkins framework for continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Extensive experience with Docker and evolving container management platforms like Kubernetes.
- Created build pipeline, continuous integration and test automation framework utilizing such tools as Terraform, Git, API Gateway
- Used Gradle, XCode and Maven as a build tools on Java and swift based projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Involved in implementation of CI/CD using Jenkins with build tools as Maven and Gradle.
- Worked experience in making the DevOps pipelines using Openshift and Kubernetes for the Microservices Architecture.
- Propagated JIRA issue solution from the baseline to other build lines automatically by applying SCM standards and implementing the system back-end to cherry-picking the changes.
- Used puppet to configure servers manages profiles, push changes, writing manifests across all servers in UNIX and Linux environment.
- Collaborated actively with the team members to get the platform software services cloud ready.
- Worked on Terraform to launch infrastructure from physical and virtual servers to email and DNS providers.
- Designed and developed data management system using MySQL. Built application logic using Python
- Involved in building database Model, APIs and Views utilizing Python, in order to build an interactive web based solution.
- Configuring the OpenStack keystone, glance, neutron, cinder and swift, Heat and ceilometer
- Created trigger events using UNIX and Perl to send email to project managers on high severity issues.
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Involved in Upgrade of Bamboo & Artifactory Server and use of AWS, Azure for cloud issues.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using Java, writing Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts on UNIX.